Confirmed Transfer Harry Kane on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking the exact same thing as I was watching it. Comparatively, they have fallen a lot further than us but they still didn't boo when they went one down after a horrendous mistake.

Likewise when they make some very strange subs and bring on a very average, manager's favourite, they still don't boo the shit out of him but get behind him and the team instead.

I fully understand people's frustration and why they boo but it is anything but productive and is as idiotic as the people that cry shoot when we have a defender 30-40 yards from goal though I imagine if a Venn diagram was drawn to show the 2 groups of fans, it would just be one of circle.

I had a ticket in the Anfield Kop for the game that city fans were not offered tickets because of the redevelopment of Anfield, city won 1-2 and the fans around us spent the majority of the match shouting about how crap Mickeh Thomas and a few other players were. Liverpool fans can moan as much as any others.

I had a ticket in the Anfield Kop for the game that city fans were not offered tickets because of the redevelopment of Anfield, city won 1-2 and the fans around us spent the majority of the match shouting about how crap Mickeh Thomas and a few other players were. Liverpool fans can moan as much as any others.

My experience of Anfield was worse than anything I've experienced at the KP stadium. Evidently (like every other ground) they have good days and bad days.

Woosh seems to be the common response here as you have completely missed the point.

There isn't one team in the land who's fans do not moan, no 1 has ever claimed this, the point was that when the chips are down, booing and getting on the teams back does **** all good apart from help the opposition.

Last night, it started as if it could be another comedy of errors at Anfield with a schoolboy error to let them in for the opening goal. They didn't start moaning and booing but got behind the team though I must have been imagining that as you once went there circa 20 yrs ago and heard one person moan about Mickey Thomas.

Woosh seems to be the common response here as you have completely missed the point.

There isn't one team in the land who's fans do not moan, no 1 has ever claimed this, the point was that when the chips are down, booing and getting on the teams back does **** all good apart from help the opposition.

Last night, it started as if it could be another comedy of errors at Anfield with a schoolboy error to let them in for the opening goal. They didn't start moaning and booing but got behind the team though I must have been imagining that as you once went there circa 20 yrs ago and heard one person moan about Mickey Thomas.

Been there once? One person complaining about Thomas?

I guess you can't read.

Haha, ooh you've been there more than once. You still once went there circa 20 years ago.

I guess you can't read either then as you completely missed the point of my original post.

Now now ladies I really don't think this is worth arguing about.

That said at the KP these days, it takes a poor refereeing performance or the opposition to irk the locals to get an atmosphere going.

No it doesn't

It merely takes a decent performance, which we have seen a few times this season, along with a fairly decent responsive crowd

The fact that we have played like complete and utter turd in the last three home games explains why you could hear a pin drop most of the time, in stunned horror at what was being witnessed, and a chorus of fully justifiable boos in response to the shit that the poor bastard fans have had to endure for 90 minutes

No it doesn't

It merely takes a decent performance, which we have seen a few times this season, along with a fairly decent responsive crowd

I would disagree, IMO it is when the team is playing poorly or not getting the breaks that the fans need to get behind them and create an atmosphere. Not when we are playing well or 2/3 goals up already.

It is these close games when we are under pressure that a good atmosphere can make the difference (I believe). It is very rare that it happens, but now and again things combine and you end up with 1-0 game that was so much more enjoyable than a 2-0/3-0 solid performance.

I blame the design of the stadium. It's very hard to get any atmosphere going when you're so far back from the pitch and all the noise is sectioned.

Rather be boxed in on top of each other in Filbert Street any day!

Filbert Street used to be just as quiet if not more so. You need to take of those rose-tinted glasses :icon_wink

Filbert Street used to be just as quiet if not more so. You need to take of those rose-tinted glasses :icon_wink

What you on about? The noise from the Carling Stand was deafening :icon_wink

It is these close games when we are under pressure that a good atmosphere can make the difference (I believe).

But then we get into the argument about who should need the most motivation. For me it is the people getting paid that should up their efforts rather than the ones being fleeced for watching shite.

Haha, ooh you've been there more than once. You still once went there circa 20 years ago.

I guess you can't read either then as you completely missed the point of my original post.

I didn't miss the point of your post, I was just relaying one of my experiences of the Anfield crowd which can be as negative as any seen anywhere else.

But then we get into the argument about who should need the most motivation. For me it is the people getting paid that should up their efforts rather than the ones being fleeced for watching shite.

It is a very fine line but as frustrated as I am when I go and watch us play like ****s, I know that booing will not give any benefit to us winning. Seeing as I go to hopefully see us win, I'll try and do everything I can for us to get the win.

Last edited:
It is a very fine line but as frustrated as I am when I go and watch us play like *****, I know that booing will not give any benefit to us winning. Seeing as I go to hopefully see us win, I'll try and do everything I can for us to get the win.

I totally agree with this!

I can see what fitz is saying that it is up to the players to create the atmosphere, but if it isn't happening why shouldn't the fans try and help?

The game that springs to mind when talking about this is against Leeds at home when we were in League 1. Leeds were all over us that day, we struggled to maintain possession and hardly created anything. However, the crowded realised it was a key game and got behind the team. Super Stevie Howard ended up getting the winner and the rest is history.

Whether the fans had an influence on the game we won't be able to tell, but the reaction of the players when they scored showed that even though they couldn't get their game going they realised it was vital they won.

Last edited:
I can see what fitz is saying that it is up to the players to create the atmosphere, but if it isn't happening why shouldn't the fans try and help

In those circumstances I am usually one of the ones to try and get some atmosphere going, but I can definitely understand why very few others are willing to do the same.

Call me stupid if you like but I firmly believe Vardy is out of his depth at this level and especially at this level of club within the championship.

"Stupid if you like", but that's not important right now ;)

He's out of depth at a level within a level? I wonder how he fairs within the level of the squad? He could easily be out of his depth at a level within a level within a level - and that would be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566