Confirmed Transfer Harry Kane on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Championship standard for a team trying to get automatic promotion. For someone like Huddersfield, in my view Waghorn is good enough to start but Vardy is still not good enough for a starting berth. He needs to be sent on loan to someone in D1 or D2 so he can start scoring goals again and regain some confidence. My gut feeling is he will never be a Championship player - can't make the move up from non league that quickly. Well pleased with signing of Harry Kane - he is highly regarded by Spurs and has already proved he can score goals at this level

I was on a ferry with him a year or so back, it was getting a bit choppy and i was being thrown from side to side like a rag doll, but he looked really composed, just swaying calmly. I wish i was rocking like him......

I hope that I am wrong, but this move worries me. I cannot see Spurs letting him come to bench sit, and I would not want the Wood/Nugent partnership to be broken.

I would like to see an experienced centre midfielder: although, I accept that there are not too many of them available; particularly now we can only loan.

Call me stupid if you like but I firmly believe Vardy is out of his depth at this level and especially at this level of club within the championship.

However, the way Nigel Pearson has handled the lad is nothing short of madness. Giving him the number 9 shirt after not one game of league level football, actually paying £1m for a player with not one game of league level football, wacking said player stright into the starting 11 in a team with pressure heavily upon them from the start of the season.

Bad management of the player has not helped his cause, just look at how Le Fondre was managed at Reading, eased in and slowly exposed to a much higher level than he was used to, now the lad is cruising.

Anyone who feels sorry for Vardy needs a reality check, I bet he would have jumped at the chance to come here on a life making deal even if he was told he would be 3rd or 4th choice striker, save your pity for someone who deserves it.

Call me stupid if you like but I firmly believe Vardy is out of his depth at this level and especially at this level of club within the championship.

However, the way Nigel Pearson has handled the lad is nothing short of madness. Giving him the number 9 shirt after not one game of league level football, actually paying £1m for a player with not one game of league level football, wacking said player stright into the starting 11 in a team with pressure heavily upon them from the start of the season.

Bad management of the player has not helped his cause, just look at how Le Fondre was managed at Reading, eased in and slowly exposed to a much higher level than he was used to, now the lad is cruising.

Anyone who feels sorry for Vardy needs a reality check, I bet he would have jumped at the chance to come here on a life making deal even if he was told he would be 3rd or 4th choice striker, save your pity for someone who deserves it.

Does the number 9 mean something then?

I hope that I am wrong, but this move worries me. I cannot see Spurs letting him come to bench sit, and I would not want the Wood/Nugent partnership to be broken.

I would like to see an experienced centre midfielder: although, I accept that there are not too many of them available; particularly now we can only loan.

If you'd seen the last two games you'd realise the partnership isn't currently working, mainly due to Nugent looking knackered.

Watched the Liverpool game yesterday. The atmosphere and support they showed their team was excellent.

Really can't understand why other teams fans can't strive to match that level of support.

Only to posters that take managers/players quotes as gospel.
This is an odd phrase, isn't it? To 'take something as gospel' means to believe it as unquestionable fact, whereas the actual gospels are anything but.

Anyway, back on topic. Who the **** is Harry Kane? Is it Ibrahimovic's new English name?

Watched the Liverpool game yesterday. The atmosphere and support they showed their team was excellent.

Really can't understand why other teams fans can't strive to match that level of support.

Was thinking the exact same thing as I was watching it. Comparatively, they have fallen a lot further than us but they still didn't boo when they went one down after a horrendous mistake.

Likewise when they make some very strange subs and bring on a very average, manager's favourite, they still don't boo the shit out of him but get behind him and the team instead.

I fully understand people's frustration and why they boo but it is anything but productive and is as idiotic as the people that cry shoot when we have a defender 30-40 yards from goal though I imagine if a Venn diagram was drawn to show the 2 groups of fans, it would just be one of circle.

Last edited:
This is an odd phrase, isn't it? To 'take something as gospel' means to believe it as unquestionable fact, whereas the actual gospels are anything but.

Are you suggesting that the Gospels are the results of the rambling imaginations of second and third century clerics and are essentially politically motivated fairy-tales and that the character Jesus is an amalgam of contemporary figures and wasn't actually an actual historical person?
Is that what you're asking us to believe, that Jesus wasn't real and that he never existed?

Actually it brought back memories of the Cardiff away playoffs. Where going down a goal early, awoke the fans from a slumber.

That said at the KP these days, it takes a poor refereeing performance or the opposition to irk the locals to get an atmosphere going.

Actually it brought back memories of the Cardiff away playoffs. Where going down a goal early, awoke the fans from a slumber.

That said at the KP these days, it takes a poor refereeing performance or the opposition to irk the locals to get an atmosphere going.

I imagine if we were playing Zenit at home in european competition the atmosphere would be slightly different than it is for Barnsley at home.

I imagine if we were playing Zenit at home in european competition the atmosphere would be slightly different than it is for Barnsley at home.

I'd like to think we'd get a full house and recognise their pedigree.

However, it would be more likely to feel like the Real Madrid friendly (which was a soulless experience) or we'd have a half-empty ground as the fans are pissed off that we are paying full price for a televised game on a Thursday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669