Hayles in, Hayes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he ended up being hated due to a prick of a manager playing him on the frigging wing, because people couldn't see the real villain was IH due to his stand up routine which became a circus
Exactly, and what's more, Hayles probably did better on the left wing last season than just about anyone else.

Thank the sweet baby Jesus for Lloyd Dyer!

The real villain was Martin Allen who brought in fourteen players not one of which is good enough to be in the present team. His behaviour at the training ground deserves words like "prick" and "villain" . Ian Holloway is a good man who was never given a real chance. Apart from the emergency buys of the transfer window Holloway never had the chance to build his team in a close season. He tried emergency surgery under difficult conditions and failed. This does not make Holloway a prick or a villain; it makes him an unsuccessful manager.
Luckily so far NP seems to have the double whammy of being a good man and a successful manager.

I don't doubt Holloway is a good man, but he had every chance to at least maintain our Championship status but did not have it in him to do so.

I think he's a truly dreadful player, and I hope he gets nowhere near the first team

If anyone sums up the utter disaster and embarrassment of the Holloawy period, it is he

I agree.I must be missing something,from what I've seen he's a Park player

Last edited:
Ian Holloway is a good man who was never given a real chance. Apart from the emergency buys of the transfer window Holloway never had the chance to build his team in a close season. He tried emergency surgery under difficult conditions and failed.

Holloway is an engaging character and for whatever reasons was completely hopeless at Leicester. I would say that he made the difference between us otherwise having just another poor season and a catastrophic season. Had he been sacked at any point up to the last couple of games then I think we would have avoided relegation.

The real villain was Martin Allen who brought in fourteen players not one of which is good enough to be in the present team. His behaviour at the training ground deserves words like "prick" and "villain" . Ian Holloway is a good man who was never given a real chance. Apart from the emergency buys of the transfer window Holloway never had the chance to build his team in a close season. He tried emergency surgery under difficult conditions and failed. This does not make Holloway a prick or a villain; it makes him an unsuccessful manager.
Luckily so far NP seems to have the double whammy of being a good man and a successful manager.

Whilst I agree that Allen has to share some of the blame, it's hardly as if Holloway had no chance to bring in his own players is it?

Howard, Hayles, Oakley, Salt, Bori, Etuhu, Hendrie, Bell

God knows if I've missed someone out. He got nearly a whole new team in!

On top of that the Hungarians and Etuhu then never played.

Basically it was mainly his fault.

Are you inferring that I may have made this point before?

Nevermind, I do appreciate your'e too busy lubricating your rattle for the JPT Final to be overly troubled that we were relegated because of Holloway.

What at Boc's age ?

he (Barry Hayles) ended up being hated due to a prick of a manager playing him on the frigging wing, because people couldn't see the real villain was IH due to his stand up routine which became a circus

nails and several heads seem a good phrase in relation to above remarks in my view.

I welcome Hayles as a squad player. Up front the indicators are that he may still be useful. His scoring 3 or 4 in 7 games at Cheltenham is encouraging.

Hayes turned out for Cheltenham Reserves last night in their Combination game at Swindon. Lost 2-1

Hayles came late into the 'full professional' game and has a very decent games/ goals ratio.

But I think that he is now finished - afterall if he couldn't get a regular starting spot at seriously weak strugglers Cheltenham - what else is left for him?

Just pay him off and get rid in my opinion.

Hayles came late into the 'full professional' game and has a very decent games/ goals ratio.

But I think that he is now finished - afterall if he couldn't get a regular starting spot at seriously weak strugglers Cheltenham - what else is left for him?

Just pay him off and get rid in my opinion.

Why do you make such statements in the face of the real facts? Barry Hayles started all of the first six games of his short stay at Cheltenham. He was then sent off at Millwall, being brought on as sub in the first game after the ensuing ban - a game in which he scored the winning goal during his short time on the pitch.

You seem to be suggesting that even 'weak strugglers Cheltenham' didn't want him any longer: the truth is though that Leicester City want him back, presumably because Dickov is now a long-term doubt.

If you persist in ignoring plain fact, how do you expect people to value your opinion?

He's been recalled purely for cover IMO,I can't see him getting a game if Fryatt,Howard or Campbell are fit.I can't see him being in Pearson's long term plans or he wouldn't have loaned him out in the first place and got Dickov in.He will be on his bike again before long IMO

He's been recalled purely for cover IMO,I can't see him getting a game if Fryatt,Howard or Campbell are fit.I can't see him being in Pearson's long term plans or he wouldn't have loaned him out in the first place and got Dickov in.He will be on his bike again before long IMO

A realistic assessment IMHO. I expect to see him doing 15 or 20 minutes at the end of every third game - and perhaps getting the winning goal in one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669