Heath Ledger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heath Ledger found dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7203797.stm

Hollywood actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence, a New York Police Department spokesman has said.

"He was found unconscious at the apartment and pronounced dead," a police spokeswoman said.
Police are investigating whether the Australian actor, who earned an Oscar nomination for 2005 film Brokeback Mountain, died of a drug overdose.
The 28-year-old was found dead in the SoHo flat at around 1530 (2030 GMT).
Police said they did not suspect foul play and that his body had been discovered surrounded by pills.
'Pills'
"We are investigating the possibility of an overdose," police spokesman Paul Browne said. "There were pills within the vicinity of the bed."
Police said he had been due to have a massage at the flat.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/default.stmhttp://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?forumID=4134&edition=${editionCode}

The housekeeper went to tell him the masseuse had arrived and found him dead on Tuesday afternoon.
In September the Perth-born actor reportedly split from his girlfriend Michelle Williams, with whom he has a two-year-old daughter, Matilda.
She played his wife in Brokeback Mountain.
The film's director Ang Lee said Ledger's performance had been a "miracle" of acting, echoing a young Marlon Brando.
He won an Oscar nomination for his role as a gay cowboy in the film but the award went to Philip Seymour Hoffman for his role as Truman Capote.
Ledger is currently starring in I'm Not There, as one of several actors in a role representing singer Bob Dylan.
The tragic star also plays the Joker in yet-to-be-released Batman film, The Dark Knight.
He also starred in A Knight's Tale and The Patriot, and played a suicidal son in Monster's Ball.

They haven't spoke about anything else at all on Sky News since this story broke just after 10pm.
Shows you how celebrity-obssessed the world is nowadays when the death of a film star is more worthy of coverage than anything else.

Who the **** is Heath Ledger?
Never heard if him, it is a 'him' I'm guessing?

Who the **** is Heath Ledger?
Never heard if him, it is a 'him' I'm guessing?

Seriously? Have you never seen 'A Knight's Tale' or '10 things I hate about you'?

Bet you've seen Brokeback Mountain though.......:icon_wink

Seriously? Have you never seen 'A Knight's Tale' or '10 things I hate about you'?

Bet you've seen Brokeback Mountain though.......:icon_wink

Are you being serious?
Why in the name of **** would I even consider looking at any of that shite? :icon_lol:

Dark Knight is in post-production so you'll get to see it no worries.
Saw the trailer and it looksl ike it'll be fab.

You been hanging around with these Hollywood types again BF? :102: :icon_wink

Don't care much for his movies, or feel sorry for him at all - It's the child I feel for, his young daughter.

If he was clinically depressed then it's not always as easy as saying "selfish twat". There's a reason that people who are previously against suicide end up taking themselves when depressed, it's chemical and sometimes there's nothing you can do to prevent them.

Oliver Reed died during the making of Gladiator.

As for Knight's Tale, cracking film, with a great sound track.

When you hear it's drugs related you think, when are they going to bloody learn, but this time I'll wait for more info.

So a film star has died.

Number of people who die each year because of unsafe water is 5.3 million.
(Every eight seconds, a child dies from a water-related disease)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669