Heath Ledger

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they are not mental at all. Most people who do this aren't even what you would class as regular ****s, just make a stupid decision. If only the world was as black and white as you paint it then we would all be so much happier I'm sure.

As for drug users paying for hospital treatment, if I decide to go sledging, and break my arm, should I pay for my treatment? I've made a decision to put my body in a position that could be potentially harmful, and have ended up hurt. So by your reconing I should pay up?

I was just waiting for someone to bring something like this up. I would class that as an accident. They don't warn you from an early age that sledging is bad for your health do they? So when it snows you are quite safe to take your sledge out in the knowledge that you will get medical treatment.

How is drinking too much not related to mental illness

I would think the onus is on you to demonstrate how you think it is a mental illness, not the other way around.

Most people would think your opinion is bizarre, I know I do.

I was just waiting for someone to bring something like this up. I would class that as an accident. They don't warn you from an early age that sledging is bad for your health do they? So when it snows you are quite safe to take your sledge out in the knowledge that you will get medical treatment.

But in the black and white world you and Biff are encouraging all I am doing is putting my health in known danger, and placing myself at avoidable risk, which is exactly the same as drug abuse.

Kids are warned from an early age to look both ways before crossing the road, that one time they decide not to (which we do as adults sometimes) should they be refused treatment? It is nowhere near as clear cut as this is being made out to be.

People who suffer from a mental illness may also abuse alcohol.

Driving a car after drinking does not mean you suffer with a mental illness.

Do you see where I'm coming from :102:

no like someone said its stupidity and the arrogance of thinking/knowing they can get away with it and think their driving wont be affected by having a drink and possibly too lazy to walk to/from the pub

No offence, Biff, but you strike me as the type of person who thinks people who are clinically depessed should just "shake themselves out of it", or those suffering from anxiety or phobias should "Just get a life and stop being so bloody silly"

I might be wrong about that, and if so I humbly apologise

I must withdraw from this argument, now, as it's starting to annoy me - and that's not what this place is all about

I have chronic back pain,due to two disks that have totally prolapsed. At times this is unbearable.I dont even take pain killers anymore because they are useless.One thing i havent done is turn to drink or drugs and make my back condition the excuse.Maybe i have more will power than others.Maybe ive been lucky.

People injured in car crashes where they have been speeding ? Do you treat them ? People who have been fighting/involved in violence ? Do you treat them ?

I have chronic back pain,due to two disks that have totally prolapsed. At times this is unbearable.I dont even take pain killers anymore because they are useless.One thing i havent done is turn to drink or drugs and make my back condition the excuse.Maybe i have more will power than others.Maybe ive been lucky.
So people who suffer mental illness just have no will power?

Unbelievable!!!!!!

I'm outta here too :icon_eek:

People injured in car crashes where they have been speeding ? Do you treat them ? People who have been fighting/involved in violence ? Do you treat them ?

No, **** 'em HF, let them rot in the hallways unless they can cough up.

Thought you were staying away anyway :icon_wink

But in the black and white world you and Biff are encouraging all I am doing is putting my health in known danger, and placing myself at avoidable risk, which is exactly the same as drug abuse.

Kids are warned from an early age to look both ways before crossing the road, that one time they decide not to (which we do as adults sometimes) should they be refused treatment? It is nowhere near as clear cut as this is being made out to be.

I don't know of many clinics that are weening people of skateboards, snow boards etc. Most people into extreme sports carry adequate medical insurance anyway.

Please let me know how having prolapsed disks, and back pain, has anything whatsoever to do with clinical depression, or any other form of diagnosed mental illness

Truly unbelievable in every possible way

when I am in power I will compile a list of those who can be treated.

People who suffer from a mental illness may also abuse alcohol.

Driving a car after drinking does not mean you suffer with a mental illness.

Do you see where I'm coming from :102:

Maybe we have crossed lines.

Surely you must agree your brain tells you whats right and wrong.so if you do something as serious as drink driving, theres a problem with your thought process.

Thats my opinion.

Please let me know how having prolapsed disks, and back pain, has anything whatsoever to do with clinical depression, or any other form of diagnosed mental illness

youve gotta laugh sometimes :102:

Surely you must agree your brain tells you whats right and wrong.so if you do something as serious as drink driving, theres a problem with your thought process.

Thats my opinion.

so what about people who suffer from psychosis and hear voices in their heads telling them to do things to themselves cos in their minds self harming is the right thing to do :102:

Thats my opinion.
That's the key. When you have a mental illness, your brain isn't functioning as it should - there's a chemical imbalance.

If only brains were visible, we would all know if there was something wrong with it and get it seen to just as we would if we'd broken a bone.

Chronic back pain can cause clinical depression, which is a mental illness.

You are a trully arrogant individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670