Speculation Heskey - Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emile would certainly play the Howard role a lot better than Steve has been able to this last year or so. I think he has a lot to offer and I would certainly not be worried if he were to replace Beckford.

Remember we see Beckford for 90 minutes once a week. Pearson probably sees him in training for another 20 hours+ every week. I am sure he has been able to accurately judge his character/committment/attitude in that time and whether he is a long term asset or not.

Emile would certainly play the Howard role

Fail to find anyone with a pass, piss around the pitch giving away fouls, embarrassingly claim for fouls repeatedly, never score a goal, and be roundly and continuously criticised by the fans

I agree - he would be perfect

Fail to find anyone with a pass, piss around the pitch giving away fouls, embarrassingly claim for fouls repeatedly, never score a goal, and be roundly and continuously criticised by the fans

I agree - he would be perfect

Yes because howard and heskey are so similar, I mean you only have to look at the similar amount of caps they achieved for England and the amount of assists both players made in the top tier of English football.

Hesky would be exactly like Howard

Instead of a striker who provides assists but doesn't score, why don't we sign a striker who provides assists and scores?

Instead of a striker who provides assists but doesn't score, why don't we sign a striker who provides assists and scores?

Names? Realistic names?

My point was that both of those players score and assist but are generally disliked by the fans.

Ah - but Heskey was born in Leicester so we will be able to call him by his first name. None of the "Mister" with one of our own. It'll make all the difference.

He can't score, he can't coach. I wonder why the poor b*gger bothers getting out of bed in the morning.

The evidence is that he can't score. There is no evidence at all that he can (or even wants to) coach. You're right - he should stay in bed.

Names? Realistic names?
As I've already mentioned we've signed Vardy. If he goes 10 games without scoring a goal but provides a few assists will everyone be happy?If we win those games possibly but I doubt it myself.

The fact that we've apparently only offered him a 1 year deal makes me wonder how badly the club really want him.

Again,Again,Again.
If villa wont give him a contract,please,Mr Pearson dont even look at him,he was great when he was here ,but those days were his best days ,but now he just wouldnt suit the team the gaffers beginning to put together,so lets forget him.

Again,Again,Again.
If villa wont give him a contract,please,Mr Pearson dont even look at him,he was great when he was here ,but those days were his best days ,but now he just wouldnt suit the team the gaffers beginning to put together,so lets forget him.

I don't even know where to begin.

The evidence is that he can't score. There is no evidence at all that he can (or even wants to) coach. You're right - he should stay in bed.

He's quoted in the article from the original post as saying he has started his coaching badges. It doesn't mean he can, but certainly suggests that he wants to.

I would be happy if he came back on a something like a one year deal. He could still do a good job in the Championship, like others have said it's not just about goals. Far and away better than Howard. far better than Dean Windass who scored for his hometown club in the play off final to get Hull into the Premier league at a similar age.
The earlier link with Hull also led me to think that a certain chain of events could see Heskey end up there. If Martinez stays at Wigan Steve Bruce is favourite for the Hull job. If Martinez goes to Liverpool Bruce could return to Wigan. Wasn't it he who signed Heskey at Wigan and Birmingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669