How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im very, very, very pissed off. Looks like the wife's grandad has been ripped off for over £1700 by some doorstep pikeys.

Usual stuff told him he needs some work doing on the roof (which after an inspection he does to be fair). Took £60 quid off him on the door step. Then met him in town later and marched him into the bank and "helped" him withdraw about £1700. He is 89 and can get a bit confused. They have left no name and obviosuly not been back.

Usual stuff told him he needs some work doing on the roof (which after an inspection he does to be fair). Took £60 quid off him on the door step. Then met him in town later and marched him into the bank and "helped" him withdraw about £1700. He is 89 and can get a bit confused. They have left no name and obviosuly not been back.
Reading about this kind of thing makes me sick. Why some people can't get off their arses and work like the rest of us, and more importantly, like your granddad, rather than resorting to stuff like this, is beyond me.

I hope that the police manage to find these scumbags, and recover your granddad's money, slim as the chances of that being.

Reading about this kind of thing makes me sick. Why some people can't get off their arses and work like the rest of us, and more importantly, like your granddad, rather than resorting to stuff like this, is beyond me.

I hope that the police manage to find these scumbags, and recover your granddad's money, slim as the chances of that being.

Its actually the wife's grandad:icon_wink. But I agree totally. Our only hope is that the cctv in town picked them up as he handed over the money but it is extremely unlikely.

Thanks!

I'm really nervous. As I said I've never had any interview of any kind before. Any hints/tips? :)
Not really - I'm rubbish at them myself!

I know how difficult it is to get an interview these days though as I spent most of last year applying for jobs myself.

I think if you hit it off with the interviewer, it will help you to relax and just be yourself. They should be aiming to put you at your ease anyway.

Let the interviewer take the lead - I wouldn't offer my hand to be shook, wait to see if they offer theirs first. (That's the kind of stupid little thing I let bother me!)

As I said, I'm rubbish myself, so I hope somebody else can give you some better advice. However, I did get a job last year, but I think they were desperate :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Thanks!

I'm really nervous. As I said I've never had any interview of any kind before. Any hints/tips? :)

Try and be confident, when they ask you a question dont just jump straight back with an answer, take a breath and think about it for a second before answering and SMILE!
:icon_bigg

Good luck!

Try and be confident, when they ask you a question dont just jump straight back with an answer, take a breath and think about it for a second before answering and SMILE!
:icon_bigg

Good luck!

But for god's sake don't smile too much, you'll look insane.

I once interviewed a guy and he grinned inanely all interview, I felt very nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669