I wonder if anybody is the slightest bit interested whether it is Grayson or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It IS Grayson !

Whilst not wishing to disagree about Grayson becoming manager, I watched the Blackpool match and he was definately in charge. He was in the technical area and Parkes was always standing behind him. He was very downbeat though during the post-match interview, perhaps there is something in the rumour!!

Who can make a well known phrase, or saying, out of the following words;

straws, at, desperately, clutching?

And the winner is......

Excellent if true :038:

IF......

Who can make a well known phrase, or saying, out of the following words;

straws, at, desperately, clutching?

And the winner is......

im inclined to agree with you i just dont see how the possible appointment of grayson is a good one his current team are below us in the league and are on a bad run..so what he used to play for us i dont really care about that aspect..you might as well go for the scunny manager theyre doing a damn sight better than blackpool and afterall they both came up through the same league :102: so apart from the fact that grayson played for us why would he be a good choice????

im inclined to agree with you i just dont see how the possible appointment of grayson is a good one his current team are below us in the league and are on a bad run..so what he used to play for us i dont really care about that aspect..you might as well go for the scunny manager theyre doing a damn sight better than blackpool and afterall they both came up through the same league :102: so apart from the fact that grayson played for us why would he be a good choice????

Better than anyone that has come up so far :102:

He has already made a silk purse out of a sow's ear - precisely what we require right at this moment in time

He's also used to working with a lunatic Chairman

If we can't get Jewell or Johnson, and can't wait for Davies to walk, then he is the best option going

Last edited:

Better than anyone that has come up so far :102:

so we might have to make do with him :102:

He has already made a silk purse out of a sow's ear - precisely what we require right at this moment in time

He's also used to working with a lunatic Chairman

but theyre in the bottom 3 now i think its a step too far for him give him another year in this league (with blackpool relegation permitting) and then look at him in the future :102: the last point is a valid 1 :icon_bigg

But look at the budget, facilities and size of club, Blackpool are punching well above their weight and Grayson has done exceptionally well, the squad is made up of pretty much the side that came up last season, their skipper was bombed out of PNE about 5 years ago for not being good enough at this level. Imagine what Grayson could do with the resources available at City, look at the amount of money spent this summer and look where we are.

If nothing else i think he would get the fans a little more excited and motivated about this season before it dies a slow death. Much more than an appointment like Reid would do.

Whatever happened to that appointing young and up and coming managers thing! Where's Martin Goerge when you need him! :)

But look at the budget, facilities and size of club, Blackpool are punching well above their weight and Grayson has done exceptionally well, the squad is made up of pretty much the side that came up last season, their skipper was bombed out of PNE about 5 years ago for not being good enough at this level. Imagine what Grayson could do with the resources available at City, look at the amount of money spent this summer and look where we are.

well said pinky :038::038::038:

I would say he's a good choice because I watched their playoff final and our first game of the season and they played as a team, something we've lacked for some years for the most part. The way they played in that final in particular is superior to anything I've seen from us since we thumped Leeds in the Prem. Yes, they're currently a few points below us and Sheff Utd to name two - they have a fraction of those resources, it is a bit like Watford in the Prem. He is surely vastly preferable to the other options that have been mentioned recently. The fact he used to play for us is completely irrelevant one way or the other. Fair point about the Scunny boss but it would seem that Grayson might be available whereas Adkins isn't. He'd be a gamble but one that might come off - I can't see where we'd go with any of the other 'talent' linked.

Lets hope so , anyway back to Grayson ive made a few phone calls and the outcome is could be (thanks for that :icon_roll)

You made phone calls and the outcome is "could be"?

I saved my money, made no phone calls and the outcome is still "could be" !!

i wish i could share your optimism on this should it come off but i think mm is/has only gone for grayson because he has played for us and wants someone to hang around long after the ink has dried on their contract and i honestly believe if he hadntve played for us then i doubt mm would look at him :102: BUT should he be the next boss ill wish him all the best and hope he does a great job

i wish i could share your optimism on this should it come off but i think mm is/has only gone for grayson because he has played for us and wants someone to hang around long after the ink has dried on their contract and i honestly believe if he hadntve played for us then i doubt mm would look at him :102: BUT should he be the next boss ill wish him all the best and hope he does a great job

Who would you prefer? reid????!

:) :038::038::038::038::038: welcome home :023:
peters.jpg

I'm so alone, my love without you
You're part of everything I do
When you come back, and you're beside me
These are the words I'll say to you

Welcome home, welcome
Come on in, and close the door
You've been gone, too long
Welcome, you're home once more

The biggest factor for me is he is already in a job in the championship, will need no time to adjust to this dog fight of a league. This should give him the job over Souness/Reid/Royle and any other has been who has been out of work longer than some Mums on the Saff.

IF this is correct, I would welcome him, but of the other three, mentioned I along with the majority would go for Royle, but which of these two ? Both have + and - Royle been at this level before so has the experience, Grayson has done well with limited resources, he also knows this league, but is he the manager to take us back to the Premiership, where he has no experience at all. M&M will make or has already made his decision, and there is the possibility it might not be either of these individuals. So its nail biting time again!

Im hearing the deal may have hit a snag .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669