Iain Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ian Dowie

Paul Jewels Blue and white army anyone!!

Teletext : Jewell says he is not interested in Leicester or Derby job and had no offers

George Burley's Blue and White Army anyone?

RE: Warnock
Out of the hundred & hundreds of potential managers out there i just can't see why mandy has got a fascination with this vile f@ckin pr!ck.
ive said & i standby the fact that i will back any manager that he employs because life without leicester is a fate worse than death, but im not entirely sure if I could ever completely forgive him for making me back the w@nker!!!

Really, I hadn't realised we were so spoiled for choice. We can now relax knowing that the queue streches from MM's front door right back along Upperton Rd. :icon_roll

Really, I hadn't realised we were so spoiled for choice. We can now relax knowing that the queue streches from MM's front door right back along Upperton Rd. :icon_roll

I hope it moves fast, before they knock the bridge down

RE: Warnock
Out of the hundred & hundreds of potential managers out there i just can't see why mandy has got a fascination with this vile f@ckin pr!ck.
ive said & i standby the fact that i will back any manager that he employs because life without leicester is a fate worse than death, but im not entirely sure if I could ever completely forgive him for making me back the w@nker!!!

Back in the real world, the number of just about viable likely potential candidates runs to about six, most of whom don't seem to be that keen on the vacancy. I admit that the six does not include the managers of local pub teams nor the managers Coalville & District junior teams....but you get my drift.

I guess all of the candidates could be classified as human beings, mostly with families and people who know them probably think they are sort of ok.

The villifying of people we don't know just because they are involved in football - is a bit like the comments made from behind a windscreen in road rage incidents.

Jewell dismisses links
11 hours ago

Paul Jewell distanced himself from reports linking him with the manager's positions at Leicester and Derby and insisted he has received no job offers since stepping down as boss of Wigan.

Jewell said he is not actively looking for a job but would consider any offer made to him.

He said: "You can't stop people writing things but I have not been offered any job. I am not even actively seeking a new job at the moment although of course I would consider something if it was offered to me."

Jewell was speaking at a Professional Footballers Association Centenary event at Haydock Races to raise money for Manchester Children's Hospital.

Peter Reid, the former Sunderland and Leeds manager, has also had his name linked with the vacant manager's position at Leicester and was also at the PFA event.

Reid would not be drawn on Leicester but confirmed he was keen to return to football management.

"Of course I would like to return to football but it's a case of biding your time and keeping your fingers crossed," Reid said.

Back in the real world, the number of just about viable likely potential candidates runs to about six, most of whom don't seem to be that keen on the vacancy. I admit that the six does not include the managers of local pub teams nor the managers Coalville & District junior teams....but you get my drift.

I guess all of the candidates could be classified as human beings, mostly with families and people who know them probably think they are sort of ok.

The villifying of people we don't know just because they are involved in football - is a bit like the comments made from behind a windscreen in road rage incidents.

Well fair play i probably over estimated by saying hundreds & hundreds.
But the way i see it every decent manager outside the premiership plus 10 or so out of work, (i.e Jewell Souness etc) & a scattering of managers all across europe that would be willing to come here & are suitably qualified. I would be inclined to think that the list of managers that could do a job here & could be persuaded to come if Mandaric really wanted them could run close to a hundred!!!

Well fair play i probably over estimated by saying hundreds & hundreds.
But the way i see it every decent manager outside the premiership plus 10 or so out of work, (i.e Jewell Souness etc) & a scattering of managers all across europe that would be willing to come here & are suitably qualified. I would be inclined to think that the list of managers that could do a job here & could be persuaded to come if Mandaric really wanted them could run close to a hundred!!!

Theoretically, you could say that we could think 'outside the box' and bring in a coach from Europe. However, I don't think this is likely unless there is a strong candidate who would be interested and speaks fluent English.

As far as the lower divisions are concerned Sturrock has been mentioned and doesn't seem that interested - although that could change as it did with Mark McGee. I would guess that Sturrock is 'buyable' at the right price.

I think there are two major problems in the general situation: firstly the vast majority decent managers are in employment (obviously) and it's more difficult to bring them in than in the close season; secondly, Milan is both an asset (his strong personality and willingness to spend money on football clubs)and a problem because of his well documented pattern of wanting hands on control and being trigger happy in terms of dismissals.

I can't imagine that Jewell will change his mind and I don't think that Dowie would find the switch to Leicester sufficiently attractive. i also don't think Leicester is sufficiently attractive to attract Souness. I doubt if Burley will leave Southampton nor Davies leave Derby. So we can see that Milan has a bit of difficulty.

As I have said before I don't have a problem with Milan getting shut of Allen but I wish he had had someone better lined up before he did it...and I just get the feeling that he has somewhat boxed himself in. He may have to get his cheque book out big time to solve this one.

I can't imagine that Jewell will change his mind and I don't think that Dowie would find the switch to Leicester sufficiently attractive. i also don't think Leicester is sufficiently attractive to attract Souness. I doubt if Burley will leave Southampton nor Davies leave Derby. So we can see that Milan has a bit of difficulty.

As I have said before I don't have a problem with Milan getting shut of Allen but I wish he had had someone better lined up before he did it...and I just get the feeling that he has somewhat boxed himself in. He may have to get his cheque book out big time to solve this one.

Well let him get his cheque book out i say if he had to pay jewell or souness a million quid signing on fee to make taking the job & its risks worthwhile then so be it! In this division especially i feel getting the right manager is much more important than any player signing :023:

So is Dowie in yet? Last I heard he was signing on the dotted line with Milan down at the Walkers :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669