Iain Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ian Dowie

im surprised nobody has seen any coming or goings at the ground, its been over a week nowsince they started looking :102:

Adrian Heath does not fit any of the criteria MM has said he wants. I would be very surprised (and very disappointed) if he got the job.

Mandaric draws up City short-list

by Andy Mann

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric today revealed he has drawn up a short-list of candidates for the vacant manager's job.

And he hopes to have a new man in place before the Championship campaign resumes with the visit of QPR to the Walkers Stadium a week on Saturday.

Mandaric said: “The list is quite a short list of four, five, maybe six people.

“My goal is before the home game against QPR on September 15 that we can hopefully get a manager in place.”

Mandaric, right, was speaking to the Mercury from America, where he is spending some time with his family and “clearing” his head following the departure of manager Martin Allen.

He remains in regular contact with the club and expects to start interviewing candidates on his return.

Mandaric said: “I am doing some business on the phone and preparing the interviews for the day I come back, probably over the weekend.”

He added: “It's clear to me we need to bring in a manager who is experienced and well organised.

“We have a lot of good professionals and quality players and, with the addition of one or two players and a good manager, I am very hopeful.”

Swindon have dismissed speculation linking their manager Paul Sturrock with the post. It came just a day after Coventry warned any approach for their boss Iain Dowie would be “firmly rebuffed”.

In a statement issued through their website, swindontownfc.co.uk, the Robins said: “Swindon would like to confirm it has received no approach from any club with regard to manager Paul Sturrock.

“The club would also like to confirm any approach would not be welcome. The club remain committed to League One success under Sturrock's guidance.”

Sturrock was in charge at Plymouth as they were promoted from League Two to the Championship.

He has also guided Sheffield Wednesday to the Championship and Swindon to promotion from League Two last season.

Other names being linked include Chelsea reserve-team coach Brendan Rodgers, former Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock and ex-Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder.

Former Coventry manager Peter Reid, Gary Megson, formerly of Nottingham Forest, and ex-Wigan manager Paul Jewell have also been linked, although it is understood the latter is not yet ready for a return to management.

Mandaric said of the speculation: “When we are ready, which will hopefully be soon, our supporters will be the first to know what's happening.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669