Ian Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I don't get it, somebody please explain.

If MDV played like Ian Hume has been doing recently he would have been slaughtered. Ian hume misses a shot from 6 yds out and gets the "Huummme" chant and is raptuously applauded, same again when he fooks up a cross, standing ovation when he is subbed. He may leap like a salmon and win a lot in the air, but thats it.

Why is he a "hero" with our fans?

I thought is greatest contribution to the game yesterday was when he kicked the ball at the ref, he then proceed to complain to the ref for being in the way, and good ol' Joey sprinted up to him, pushed him in the back in the direction of the ball, and made him carry on running.

I just don't get it, why is he a hero?

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:

If MDV played like Ian Hume has been doing recently he would have been slaughtered. Ian hume misses a shot from 6 yds out and gets the "Huummme" chant and is raptuously applauded, same again when he fooks up a cross, standing ovation when he is subbed. He may leap like a salmon and win a lot in the air, but thats it.

I thought is greatest contribution to the game yesterday was when he kicked the ball at the ref, he then proceed to complain to the ref for being in the way, and good ol' Joey sprinted up to him, pushed him in the back in the direction of the ball, and made him carry on running.

i think it depends on how well the team plays as a whole, we played some good football yesterday and whilst the stats would suggest it was an even game we were by far the better team. i'm sure if it had been in a different game where we hadn't played so well he wouldn't have got such a warm reception.

just for the record i thought Hume actually played ok :102:

Melton Fox said:

Leicesters fickle fans, surely not.:icon_roll

Melton Fox said:

:confused: Got to agree with you on this one, Hume is good for outjumping the opposition and getting into the box but he is not clinical enough in front of goal.
I would have liked to see O'Grady on from the start.

Melton Fox said:

Because some people are damned before they even start. The players who take all the stick are the ones who didn't get glowing reports when they joined. The shit was thrown before they came and it seems to stick!!

I thought about the players who get the most stick the other day. De Vries, Sylla, Kisnorbo, Elvis, and before he left Jordan Stewart. I was hoping that they got stick because they really were the worst and not for any other reason!!!!!!!

Iain Hume is the new Trevor Benjamin. he was always shite but fans loved him.

Me and Duzza were talking about the very same thing yesterday, Humey is a decent player, good touch and intelligent reminds me of a poor man's Peter Beardsley, but I did find it rather galling that after missing an absolute sitter and then firing a cross straight into the family stand he was given the Huuuummmmmeeeeeeee chant.

Saying that he does work hard and tries to make things happen and on the whole he is energetic and committed.

I understand the point about the inconsitency of the fans with regards to how a player is treated but at least in this case there is a positive effect!

...was an awful miss though.......

Melton Fox said:

Because he is better with the ball at his feet than MDV and looks like a footballer? Thought he did ok yesterday and had the legs to put pressure on the back four along with Fryatt. Fryatt was guilty of squandering our best chance in the first half but he kept his head up and kept working.

IMO Hume is better than DeVries albeit they are completely different players.

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
:confused: Got to agree with you on this one, Hume is good for outjumping the opposition and getting into the box but he is not clinical enough in front of goal.

Hume was a good goal scorer for Tranmere, and the Canadian U20's - scored some fanatastic goals for the Canadian youth. He has the ability to score, but he just hasn't shown it on a consistent basis at this level. :icon_conf

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:

How can you compare MDV to Hume?

Both have there good and bad points. IMO MDV only had one good point his physical presence and sometimes he used it well.

Hume however chases lost causes and snaps at players heels throughout the game. It all comes down I suppose on what tactics the manager wants to use when finding a partner for Fryatt. At the moment though we have played 2 and won 2 with Fryatt and Hume up front, so regardless of how good or bad Hume played, we still got the end result. And this moment in time results are the priority. So if Hume missed 4 sitters and the team won who cares?

Don't fix want isn't broke.

Please some of you read my post again, don't feel ashamed to ask for assistance. I am not comparing Hume to MDV, I used the reception that they both get from the crowd at the Walkers stadium as an example.

I simply want to know what Hume has done to justify the hero's reception he gets every time he fires over the crossbar or wide.

Obviously they play for Leicester so they should all be well recieved.

But again, please explain the hero's reception and don't just tell me that Hume is better than MDV because I know that.

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Please some of you read my post again, don't feel ashamed to ask for assistance. I am not comparing Hume to MDV, I used the reception that they both get from the crowd at the Walkers stadium as an example.

I simply want to know what Hume has done to justify the hero's reception he gets every time he fires over the crossbar or wide.

Obviously they play for Leicester so they should all be well recieved.

But again, please explain the hero's reception and don't just tell me that Hume is better than MDV because I know that.

Mark Bright would say it is because MDV is black and Hume is white.

Mark Bright may, but our fans wouldn't. Surely?

Last edited:
So we have agreed that Hume isn't treated as a hero because he is white. Why then?

Melton Fox said:
Mark Bright may, but our fans wouldn't. Surely?

The basic difference is that hume works his socks of for all the time he is on the pitch, sometimes agreed ineffectualy. But what city fans like are players that give it all. That was why a lot of crap like Benjamin was liked. MDV was very effective when it was his sort of game but did not always look to have his heart in the game when it wasn't going his way and therefore got stick from the fans. He got a lot of credit when he was on the game but otherwise not and often showed that he he wasn't up to fighting for the cause. But there again that must be said of other players as well. Glad to see that under RK this is changing and they are all fighting for the cause and the club. After all that is what the fans demand and respect. Even players like Kisnorbo have improved a 100% which helps when they are played in the right position. Keep it going RK.

Last edited:
canadianfox said:
Because he is Blue!:038:

welcome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687