Ian Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton Fox said:
So we have agreed that Hume isn't treated as a hero because he is white. Why then?

For what its worth, Canadian fans like his style of play. They don't really treat him as a hero, but he is well liked.

Babylon said:
Because some people are damned before they even start. The players who take all the stick are the ones who didn't get glowing reports when they joined. The shit was thrown before they came and it seems to stick!!

I thought about the players who get the most stick the other day. De Vries, Sylla, Kisnorbo, Elvis, and before he left Jordan Stewart. I was hoping that they got stick because they really were the worst and not for any other reason!!!!!!!

Lee Marshall, John Curtis, Alan Rogers, Tommy English.......

might it have something to with performance?

Sir Les and Emile generally performed well.....

i agree with babylon, it's all about their introdution to the team.

if they've had a poor recent history or the fans of their previous club didnt like them then the city fans instantly dislike them.

Hume was brought here with glowing references. as was fryatt. as well as being from a lower division so the fans tend to give them more of a chance.

Well, it's a simple question with a simple answer - especially if you saw him against Sheff U - he works hard, can score great goals, has a trick or two, and enormous potential. Not really from the same planet as devries or benjy...he will become a very, very good player IMO.

I simply want to know what Hume has done to justify the hero's reception he gets every time he fires over the crossbar or wide.

Obviously they play for Leicester so they should all be well recieved.

But again, please explain the hero's reception and don't just tell me that Hume is better than MDV because I know that.[/QUOTE]

At least when hume is on the ball he looks like doing something special (& with passion)
The only time MDV looked special was 4 the tv cameras against spurs:098::confused: :confused:
& the only passion we saw out of him was when he ws pissed off wid the ref....:icon_roll
the lads only 21/22 at the same time:038: , i think peeople forget that quite easily.

I think Hume and Fryatt linked up well together and could be a good partnership together! We have won the last two games with both of them upfront so i wouldnt change anything!

IMO o'grady seemed ok but i wasnt overly impressed. Seemed to lack a bit of pace

i dont see the problem in giving him a hero's reception whether he missed a chance or not, it's about time city fans encouraged their players even when making mistakes. yes DeVries got a bad reception sometimes but just be happy that hume isnt and this will only benefit him. Dont even think theres a need to ask why we encourage and cheer him on, regardless of how past players have been recieved, just be happy this guys being encouraged.

lako42 said:
i dont see the problem in giving him a hero's reception whether he missed a chance or not, it's about time city fans encouraged their players even when making mistakes. yes DeVries got a bad reception sometimes but just be happy that hume isnt and this will only benefit him. Dont even think theres a need to ask why we encourage and cheer him on, regardless of how past players have been recieved, just be happy this guys being encouraged.

:038: :038:

lako42 said:

Brilliant post - but the corollary of this demands that we have a song for every player and sing it hard and long - just like the old days!!

The_Lane said:
For what its worth, Canadian fans like his style of play. They don't really treat him as a hero, but he is well liked.

For what it's worth, who actually cares what Canadians think about football?

I like him though, he needs time to grow, and he will. I think it is Leicester supporters' pre-requisite that a player needs to show willing and effort to be lauded; MDV showed neither.

alex said:

I think The Lane has Canadian connections Alex.

silkman said:
I simply want to know what Hume has done to justify the hero's reception he gets every time he fires over the crossbar or wide.

Obviously they play for Leicester so they should all be well recieved.

But again, please explain the hero's reception and don't just tell me that Hume is better than MDV because I know that.
[/QUOTE]

The answer is so obvious I can't believe you lot can't see it (or, more accurately, hear it).

It's because of the sound made when calling his name. If Mark de Fries's name was Zoom (wot a larf) and Hume's name was Blenkinsop then the stupid fans would be shouting Zooooooom and getting on Hume's (Blenkinsop's) back.

The answer is so obvious I can't believe you lot can't see it (or, more accurately, hear it).

It's because of the sound made when calling his name. If Mark de Fries's name was Zoom (wot a larf) and Hume's name was Blenkinsop then the stupid fans would be shouting Zooooooom and getting on Hume's (Blenkinsop's) back.[/QUOTE]
Thats the most sensable and stupid post i've seen for a while. :)

alex said:

I'm Canadian. :redface: :icon_lol:

I certainly don't expect people in England to care about Canadian football, but I was just giving a viewpoint of some of the Canadian supporters with regards to Hume. I felt it was a relevant point, as some Leicester fans look upon Hume the same way as Canadian supporters.

Last edited:
thing about hume is, he's a tryer and the fans like that

yeah he missed an easy one, but it's the effort the crowd like

fryatt, he's a goal-sniffer, i thought o'grady was gonna come on for him (not hume) just before he scored

with hume & fryatt up front, why the long hooooofs from rab though?

Darth Vodka said:
thing about hume is, he's a tryer and the fans like that

yeah he missed an easy one, but it's the effort the crowd like

fryatt, he's a goal-sniffer, i thought o'grady was gonna come on for him (not hume) just before he scored

with hume & fryatt up front, why the long hooooofs from rab though?

i thought it was down to lack of confidence in his defenders for any short throws

lazzer said:
i thought it was down to lack of confidence in his defenders for any short throws

ah, the lesser of two evils

btw speaking of no confidence, did anyone in the kop see the wolves defenders slating postma after the goal and his subsequent no-calls

tee hee

Willlow said:
I think Hume and Fryatt linked up well together and could be a good partnership together! We have won the last two games with both of them upfront so i wouldnt change anything!

IMO o'grady seemed ok but i wasnt overly impressed. Seemed to lack a bit of pace

same here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670