Post Match Ipswich 1 Leicester 1

Not sure what our plan was second half. Deserved not to win that one.

I’m guessing our second half tactic was to sit back and hit them on the counter. Difficult to do when Nacho can’t trap a ball and refuses to run…

Dismal second half. Completely outplayed. But most of it was of our own doing. Constant titting about at the back & giving the ****ing ball away every time gifted Ipswich most of their openings. They didn't have to create much as we did it for them.

Still, at least we didn't lose on Boxing Day, which makes a nice change.

Onward.

Feels a bit like a loss, for them they will be very pleased.

We looked assured first half, again not clinical enough.

I agree we seemed to have a few players running on empty but we could have seen that game out. Lady luck not on our side with the own goal and with the ref.

VAR would probably have given the penalty but hey ho.

We were just too pedestrian in the second half. We had very little threat but even then it was only the referee and a couple of ****heads who couldn't see a blatant penalty so I guess we should feel hard done to.

Still, a point is a pretty decent return for us there and keeps us 11 off the chasing pack so all in all, nothing to really complain about.

We still need a striker. Nacho for **** sake....

Basically we’ve just watched two of the best team in championship history play out a league 2 standard match with a ****ing bent coward of a ref and multiple bollocks dropped by the manager of the better of the two teams.

I’ll give them a pass because of the schedule…

For what it’s worth moving Faes to the left to accommodate Coady on the right weakens two positions, three if you include the extra work that Ricardo has to do because Coady is less mobile (and talented)

It’s something that can be fixed by Doyle returning or by buying another suitable player…. I’ve accepted that the shape of the defence can’t change which is a bit mental but it’s got us this far.

Basically we’ve just watched two of the best team in championship history play out a league 2 standard match with a ****ing bent coward of a ref and multiple bollocks dropped by the manager of the better of the two teams.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and I was quite happy about seeing some Championship football after almost a decade.

It's horrible though isn't it? No quality anywhere. It's a bunch of halfwit managers with squads of cloggers.

it was only the referee and a couple of ****heads who couldn't see a blatant penalty
Why do you always stoop to this sort of thing when others disagree with you?

It’s tiring and makes you look like a complete and utter ****.

Yep. Really strange decisions from Maresca tonight. Nacho coming on was ****ing extraordinary. We just lacked any real urgency in that second half and that want helped at all by the substitutions.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and I was quite happy about seeing some Championship football after almost a decade.

It's horrible though isn't it? No quality anywhere. It's a bunch of halfwit managers with squads of cloggers.
I think one of the most annoying things in football is when someone who is demonstrably average thinks they’re great because momentum and attitude are important in sport. Ipswich will continue to think they’re good when they’re basically Preston with some self belief.

I expect better of us. To be fair the result colours things and if we hadn’t pissed the ball away at the end I’d be praising a brave and stolid performance in the face of a shit ref and a knackering fixture list.

We still did ourselves no favours and while I know some are primed to completely shit their pants at the sign of any criticism of the team this season, I don’t know what you can take from that performance other than a brilliant goal and some brave last ditch defending at times.

Like I say, I’ll cut the team plenty of slack because they must be ****ed and you can never turn your nose up at a point away from home on Boxing Day.

We looked absolutely knackered in that last twenty minutes, totally and utterly ****ed - and they were relentless.

Not helped by some very poor decisions from Maresca. The worst being the replacement of Daka with Iheanacho. One energetic striker making some dynamic runs and creating g space for others. Replaced by one hopeless lumbering oaf, who just isn’t a footballer any more. I genuinely can’t wait until he ****s off out of the club - but while he’s still here he should be nowhere ****ing near the team.

And I know KDH wasn’t playing particularly well, but putting Yunus on there is ****ing ridiculous. He cannot play there FFS, so stop ****ing trying it. It’s a shit idea and never ****ing works.

Ricardo was shocking In that second half and Mavididi was finished after an hour. Both should have been replaced. Leaving them both on cost us energy and possession.

Feels like a loss, but we’ve actually gone away from home against a team that a few have been claiming are actually a better team than us. They’re not. They’re not even close. Onwards and upwards

Ref was another complete chump. They should have had a red card, and we should have been given an absolutely ****ing nailed on penalty. He was a ****ing hopeless bottle job ****.

We looked absolutely knackered in that last twenty minutes, totally and utterly ****ed - and they were relentless.
Agreed we looked really tired.

I’m a bit baffled with the lack of rotation by Enzo over this period - we have such strength in depth that we really should have mixed it up more over the last few matches.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463