It's Holloway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite ironic really when you think that Plymouth is normally associated with us getting rid of a manager, not apointing theirs.

Im hearing SSN now reporting he's quit :102: Supposedly resigned because Plymouth didn't give him permission to talk to us ... anyone confirm ??

Im hearing SSN now reporting he's quit :102: Supposedly resigned because Plymouth didn't give him permission to talk to us ... anyone confirm ??

Would anybody else find it funny if he has quit and we went for somebody else? :icon_lol:

I dont understand these people who seem so against Holloway becoming manager and suggesting he is MA2? Apart from giving 'honest' interviews after games I cant see anything that would suggest they are the same type of manager.

Also, who do they think (realistically) would should be going for?

It just seems that whoever is given the job there will be the same 'few' who will moan about the appointment :bang:

He has never managed a club of this size and level of expectation.
Having a side in mid-table mediocrity is not a resounding endorsement.
His managerial record to date is unremarkable.
His sides have played a style of football that is tantamount to cheating.
We are reduced to accepting Plymouth cast offs
It demonstrates a lack of ambition.

RL report that 'the compensation package is thought to be the stumbling block' and 'RL understands that LCFC are still confident of getting Holloway as their new manager'

He has never managed a club of this size and level of expectation.
Having a side in mid-table mediocrity is not a resounding endorsement.
His managerial record to date is unremarkable.
His sides have played a style of football that is tantamount to cheating.
We are reduced to accepting Plymouth cast offs
It demonstrates a lack of ambition.

Who would you have then?

Certainly a choice which betrayed some ambition. :tumbleweed:

Although I agree with you Steven, I feel MM has backed himself into a corner.
If reports are true, available Jewell and Tigana, who IMO would fit the 'ambition' part, were not interested. In Holloway we have probably got the best we can for somebody already employed, as other more successful managers would not be willing to take the gamble.

Not jumping up and down either way if it is Holloway, but I will back whoever comes in.

Although I agree with you Steven, I feel MM has backed himself into a corner.
If reports are true, available Jewell and Tigana, who IMO would fit the 'ambition' part, were not interested. In Holloway we have probably got the best we can for somebody already employed, as other more successful managers would not be willing to take the gamble.

Not jumping up and down either way if it is Holloway, but I will back whoever comes in.

I agree, but it seems Steven is set against Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670