Speculation Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
£1.7mill with add ons?

Good Lord. We're still spending big ..... just on non league players. :115:

Who cares how much we are spending. If the board sanction it and we have the money and it fits in to the FFP rules and the current management team think it is money well spent, there is no difference in spending £1.7 million, £200 million or £20 thousand on a player.

I just hope that at worst we offered him the same wage as Peterborough and Cardiff and at best we offered him significantly less but we sold him on the passion of playing for the shirt and thus he chose to join us.

Who cares how much we are spending. If the board sanction it and we have the money and it fits in to the FFP rules and the current management team think it is money well spent, there is no difference in spending £1.7 million, £200 million or £20 thousand on a player.

head-in-sand.jpg

Seeing as all of the fees are either a) unknown b) 'reported' and c) differ from source to source, we may as well ignore them.

People who want to say we spend too much pick the higher figures to prove their point and people saying we don't use the lower ones or say they are all spurious (much like this post). So there really is no point worrying about them.

If the Vardy fee was made up of 200k up front, 500k for scoring 20 and 500k if we got promoted and a 40% sell on fee, would that be better?

Seeing as all of the fees are either a) unknown b) 'reported' and c) differ from source to source, we may as well ignore them.

People who want to say we spend too much pick the higher figures to prove their point and people saying we don't use the lower ones or say they are all spurious (much like this post). So there really is no point worrying about them.

If the Vardy fee was made up of 200k up front, 500k for scoring 20 and 500k if we got promoted and a 40% sell on fee, would that be better?

So you agree that you don't mind if the Thais spend £10m on Vardy?

It's not your money, it's only debt against the club.

Done deal apparantly being reported by BBC according to the Fourth Official:

Fourth Official‏@Fourth_Official
BBC reporting confirmation of Jamie Vardy's transfer from Fleetwood to Leicester is on its way, been a done deal for a few weeks

https://twitter.com/#!/fourth_official

I hate to join the ranks of "so and so's second cousin twice removed, who collects the rubbish from Vardy's neighbour's house... etc" brigade, but I work with a fella who used to be Assistant Manager at Fleetwood and he told me it was a done deal 2 weeks ago... if anyone can be arsed to check the Fleetwood records for his name to see if he's spinning me a pile of crap, send me a PM :icon_bigg

when does "speculation" become "confirmed?" OS? or possibly Vardys twitter, seems done/dusted but still needs rubber stamping by our Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566