Speculation Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you agree you are getting upset over made up best guesses?

No, I am neither getting upset nor are they made up best guesses.

I'm not upset, but anyone who doesn't care at all about how much our club is spending is just being wilfully ignorant.

And I have no inside knowledge about Vardy or his transfer fee. But I do have reliable information about previous transfers, both at our club and at a couple of Premier League clubs, and I also know that fees that are 'leaked' to the press tend to be more often than not very accurate.

I am not commenting on Vardy in any way; I have no idea how good he is or if he's worth ~£1m. I was merely commenting on "Who cares how much we are spending."

No, I am neither getting upset nor are they made up best guesses.

I'm not upset, but anyone who doesn't care at all about how much our club is spending is just being wilfully ignorant.

And I have no inside knowledge about Vardy or his transfer fee. But I do have reliable information about previous transfers, both at our club and at a couple of Premier League clubs, and I also know that fees that are 'leaked' to the press tend to be more often than not very accurate.

I am not commenting on Vardy in any way; I have no idea how good he is or if he's worth ~£1m. I was merely commenting on "Who cares how much we are spending."

If I spent my life worrying about things that I can't affect then I'd constantly be very depressed.

Durham Fox said:
“@HayleyEMx: @vardy7 jamie read the stuff on this about me haha!!!! http://t.co/kZqIZrQv "do you reckon they're real..." whoever wrote tht, yes they r!!!”

Just so you know Macky :)

Is that vardy's missus? Looks like he's done rather well for himself- now lets hope he does well for us!

Yes, it's rumoured I'm giving a press conference with my 11 O'Clock cup of tea this morning. Hope that helps.

Will you be announcing the signing of any new bargain basement bourbons, or are you sticking with the useless Rich Tea biscuits that you stupidly paid over the odds for ?

I'm pleasantly surprised in the way the owners continue to invest.No doubt they will want to recoup some money soon in the transfer - and good luck on that one!

Based on last season - without changes we'd just finish up in a similar position. Last season's squad - not good enough by a long chalk. No problem with the likes of Beckford staying on - provided that they are not going to be disruptive when they are not always in the starting eleven.

I would say so. Of the 4 strikers likely to be still be here next season, Nugent, Beckford, Vassel and Waghorn, only Beckford is over six foot and none of them is renowned as powerful with their head. Take Beckford out and their average height is only 5'9".

I would say we need someone like Jay Bothroyd so we at least have the option of a target man when Schmeichel is lumping it up the field.

Heskey?

Will you be announcing the signing of any new bargain basement bourbons, or are you sticking with the useless Rich Tea biscuits that you stupidly paid over the odds for ?
I can report it was just tea, but with the added bonus of one of my office lovelies giving a nice view of what I now like to call " a nice pair of Vardys " as she leant over my desk.

Last edited:
It's not an official figure, but I suppose that means that we're paying £1 million no matter what, right?

Yes. I'd guess (!) given the size of the two clubs that we're probably paying a certain amount up front and the rest at the end of the season, but it doesn't really make much difference except to the Thai's cash flows.

From the link above: "understood to be £1 million plus additional clauses"

It's not an official figure, but I suppose that means that we're paying £1 million no matter what, right?

If you want to get quality, you're looking at upwards of a million quid in the Championship nowadays. If this was a lad from another Champ team, or a Prem team, or even a League One team, I don't think many people would have the same issue over the price tag.

I think if Pearson is willing to spend this much on a non-league player, he must be very, very confident he can make the step up. If there's one thing Pearson isn't, it's frivilous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566