January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MK Dons assistant boss Ray Mathias has dismissed reports that captain Keith Andrews is on his way to Leicester City in a £1.5m move.
National newspaper reports today suggested the Dons skipper was on his way to the Walkers Stadium.

But Paul Ince's right hand man told the Citizen: "We know nothing about it. Where these stories come from you never know.

"Keith has obviously been scoring a lot for us this season and like a lot of players who are doing well for us they're going to be linked elsewhere

Bristol City boss Gary Johnson has dismissed reports linking midfielder Marvin Elliott with a £1million move to Championship rivals Leicester
The 23-year-old has reportedly caught the eye of a host of clubs, including Premier League pair Portsmouth and Middlesbrough, with his performances for the Robins this season.

Newspaper reports on Sunday claimed the free summer signing from Millwall would become Ian Holloway's seventh new signing this month.

However, Johnson said: "That is the first I have heard of it. This is typical of what happens in January and I take it with a pinch of salt.

"It is a compliment to our club and how well we are doing that agents want to link their players with Bristol City. But that is all it is - agent talk.

"I warned people that this would happen and that agents would use the media to try and drum up interest in players. It is just something you have to live with in January."

This would be nice....

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering sending Theo Walcott, who cost the club £12m as a 16-year-old, out on loan as the forward's struggles at the Emirates continue. (The Sun, Daily Mail)

This would be nice....

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering sending Theo Walcott, who cost the club £12m as a 16-year-old, out on loan as the forward's struggles at the Emirates continue. (The Sun, Daily Mail)

Imagine it will be to a Prem club though.

But yes, would be very nice. Could be just the cover we need for either wing ;)

Am I the only one who thinks Theo Walcott is vastly overrated.Everytime I've seen him play he is knocked off the ball and it 's like watching a schoolboy play against the grown ups

Am I the only one who thinks Theo Walcott is vastly overrated.Everytime I've seen him play he is knocked off the ball and it 's like watching a schoolboy play against the grown ups

Can honestly say I've only ever been impressed with him twice - that goal for the U21's for England, and one of his few goals for Southampton where he picked the ball up on the wing, cut inside and scored on his own, the slid on his arse to celebrate and the pitch looked abit heavy, so it was rather a bumpy landing.

A more realistic, useful target might well be David Cotterill, from Wigan - can play either wing or up front, as needed, decent little player (Then again, I am Welsh, so I'm both biased and know nothing about football).

He looks OK in the u-21s when he's allowed to play up front instead of on the wing

Doubt he'd come here in a squillion years

He looks OK in the u-21s when he's allowed to play up front instead of on the wing

I think if anything he is better on the wing.He played up front on Tuesday against against Spurs and was pathetic,Dawson only had to fart and Walcott fellover

Agree totally. Also have heard his french isnt up to scratch, hence Arsene's comments about him not developing fast enough. Didnt look great against us with Paddy Mc in defence either. Will end up an average prem player IMO.

I think if anything he is better on the wing.He played up front on Tuesday against against Spurs and was pathetic,Dawson only had to fart and Walcott fellover

But to be fair Dawson had been eating sprout, garlic and baked bean vindaloo

In my minds eye is another Gunner kid who was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread RYAN SMITH did nothing for us but show off....although Walcott is miles infront of him, just dont think Theo is strong enough for any league here the Continent would be his best bet Spain especially where any contact is frowned upon

I agree, I definetely rate him more as a striker than a winger. Running with the ball, or onto the ball and then slotting it past the keeper is the best part of his game, but I don't think he really gets the chance to do that at Arsenal because of how they play.

He needs to improve his strength, it's a big part of the reason he's not effective on the wing I think.

Would still happily have him here though!

Going with the school boy comment, apparently he only started playing football 'properly' (if you like) until he was around 14 or 15.

A mate of mine knows his brother, they used to play together and it was quite late (compared to others who are almost born into the sport) until Theo went on to become professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669