January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto.

Lets just hope the Forest connection is not brought up, and 'fans' get to MM like they did with Neil Warnock.

I doubt that. After all, we have recruited several ex-Forest players in the last few years and they have all been firm fans' favourites.

Oh, err..............

I doubt that. After all, we have recruited several ex-Forest players in the last few years and they have all been firm fans' favourites.

Oh, err..............

and all been resounding successes :icon_bigg

we have allegedly bid 2 million for norris, according to a plymouth fan i was chatting to earlier

Nottingham Forest boss Colin Calderwood is interested in signing Leicester striker Matty Fryatt. (Mirror)

Sturrock takes Norris out of team

Plymouth Argyle boss Paul Sturrock has decided to leave Ipswich target David Norris out of Tuesday's Championship clash at Portman Road.

Argyle have rejected two transfer bids for Norris from their league rivals during the January window, and have turned down a transfer request from the midfielder himself.

After Argyle's FA Cup defeat at Portsmouth on Saturday, Sturrock stated that he did not expect the 26-year-old, who has 18 months left to run on his current contract, to leave Home Park.

However, with time running out until Thursday's deadline, Sturrock does not want the under-pressure Norris to be the main attraction in a crucial encounter between two play-off hopefuls.

"We have made a conscious decision not to include David," Sturrock told Argyle's official website.

"We have had a discussion and he is appreciative of the situation.

"It has not only been me who has come to this decision. After discussions with the player, we have come to the decision that he should not be involved."

Sturrock implied that Ipswich's conduct during their pursuit of Norris, which has seen Tractor Boys counterpart Jim Magilton give almost daily updates on the situation to the Suffolk press, has infuriated the Devon club.

"Disappointingly, there has been a lot of media coverage from a team that is very interested in David," added the Scot.

"I don't think he would be mentally attuned to the tussle and I don't think it would be fair of me to allow people to put the microscope on him. Every bad pass or mistake that he made would be highlighted.

"It's a decision that I don't take lightly because I don't want to not have my best player, but it is the wrong game to come so close to the end of the window.

"I had a real think about this. I do not want the scenario to fester anymore. Taking him out of this game puts a lot of pressure on me.

"I have got to think about what is best for the football club. This one is just too big and the media coverage has flared up."

Sky Sports News pushing this one again. Do we think that it would be a good move if it allowed us to pull in 2-3million and bring in two or three players? We do have Chambers after all?

Martin O'Neill will also try to sign Leicester right-back Richard Stearman and Crystal Palace striker Sean Scannell for the Midlands club. (Daily Mirror)

Sky Sports News pushing this one again. Do we think that it would be a good move if it allowed us to pull in 2-3million and bring in two or three players? We do have Chambers after all?

Martin O'Neill will also try to sign Leicester right-back Richard Stearman and Crystal Palace striker Sean Scannell for the Midlands club. (Daily Mirror)

Seen 2.5 million be mentioned, i would sell for that.

Osbourne isn't an international, perhaps we could get him plus a million, that might be good business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669