January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
''Birmingham striker Gary McSheffrey could return to former club Coventry City on loan or in a permanent move before the transfer window closes''

Yes/No ? :102: He can play on the Right can't he ?
Left Wing
So why would they want Stearman ? :102:

Back up? Also potential? Chimbonda won't be there forever, Anelka is more loyal!

They're short on defenders now. I think they're getting rid of cahill and only have 5 first team defenders (which will become 4 in the summer) Mellberg, Laursen, Knight, Davies, Bouma.

Last edited:
hartson on a free transfer, is he worth a look at 32 yrs old, contract till the end of season, after watching us against palace howard and hayles harldy won a header from a long ball, hartson is the best for winnin headers and getting fouls off the oposition

hartson on a free transfer, is he worth a look at 32 yrs old, contract till the end of season, after watching us against palace howard and hayles harldy won a header from a long ball, hartson is the best for winnin headers and getting fouls off the oposition

What the hell are you on? John frickin' Hartson? For a start he is Welsh and Ginger, and if that's not bad enough, he's slow, old and shit! Howard won the majority of headers he went for against Palace, what game were you watching? So you would play Hartson ahead of Howard, Hume, Fryatt, Hayles and Campbell?

www.foxestalk.co.uk

That's three quite big disadvantages as professional footballer, especially the last one.:023:

And being Welsh and ginger are just big disadvantages in life full stop.....:icon_lol:

And being Welsh and ginger are just big disadvantages in life full stop.....:icon_lol:

Now now, I wont stand for that:018:, However, A la Alan Partridge, "needless to say, I had the last laugh'', or at least I will do after our lads do one over your eggchasers at Twicker's on Saturday.:045:

NB: I'm just Welsh, NOT ginger...:icon_wink

Ipswich are to land Plymouth midfielder David Norris in a £1.8 million move.

Norris, who has been strongly tipped to link up with former Pilgrims boss Ian Holloway at Leicester, has agreed personal terms with the Suffolk club.

On a busy close to the transfer window for the Championship play-off hopefuls, Jim Magilton’s side also completed the signing of Macedonia international midfielder Velice Sumulikoski from Turkish side Bursaspor.

The 26-year-old had a trial with Blackburn this month and impressed Magilton during Town training at the beginning of the week.

Sumulikoski has signed a two-and-a-half year deal with the club and is available to play in Saturday’s match against Sheffield Wednesday having been granted a work permit by the Home Office.

Villa not keen on more young unheard of British talent!

link

Chimbonda by tomorrow, plus anyone for a Leicester full-back and Palace striker?
Written by Luke
Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Now that Spurs have got their £8m man from Rangers, apparently Chimbonda will be able to secure a move to Villa before the deadline tomorrow at midnight.

I say apparently as this is from the Daily Mirror, although Chimbonda's agent has said he would move to Villa.

In other more obscure and possibly disappointing transfer news the Daily Mirror also reckon MON will be going for Leicester right-back Richard Stearman and Crystal Palace striker Sean Scannell.

Stearman and Scannell both fit the MON 'ideal' perfectly as they are both British and Stearman is 20-years-old while Scannell is 17.

I've heard a bit about Scannell but to be honest don't know a lot about Stearman. They're young and MON probably thinks he can develop them into top players so they could be worth a punt.

However, I would like the club to start buying some quality rather than young and unpolished British gems.

From the Mercury

Leicester City are trying to beat the transfer deadline to bring in left-back Jamie Clapham on loan from Wolves for the rest of the season.

And going in the other direction, there is a possibility that Alan Maybury will return to his first club Leeds.

Darren Kenton is already at Elland Road, but his loan spell could be made permanent.

City boss Ian Holloway has also been linked with Preston midfielder Simon Whalley, with QPR also rumoured to be interested with the transfer window closing tonight.

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric has not ruled out any deadline-day arrivals at the club.

However, Mandaric said he would not raise supporters' hopes by promising new signings before tonight's midnight deadline, having already missed out on some targets this month.

City have signed six players - strikers Steve Howard and Barry Hayles, and midfielder Matt Oakley in permanent deals, and Hungarians Gabor Bori and Zsolt Laczko, and goalkeeper Ben Alnwick, on loan - since the window opened on New Year's Day.

They have also been linked with Plymouth's David Norris, but he is reported to be signing for Ipswich today for £2million.

Mandaric said: “Whether we will be able to do anything else in the next 24 hours remains to be seen.

“There's always the possibility of arrivals but I am not going to make any promises.

“We have tried to bring a couple of players in. We lost those and the last thing I would want is to say something and it doesn't happen.

“But we can still bring in loan players after the deadline.”

Mandaric admitted City have also turned down “aggressive approaches” for some of their players. Ipswich have had two offers rejected for Gareth McAuley, who is set to be offered a new contract, while a Premier League club has had a seven-figure bid for England Under-21 left-back Joe Mattock turned down.

Mandaric said: “We have had a lot of aggressive approaches for some of our players. We are turning everything down for the simple reason we are establishing a team with quality players to get out of this division. Any player that will help us will stay with us.”

Four players who are not part of manager Ian Holloway's plans have moved on during the transfer window.

Forward Mark de Vries, 32, has linked up with former City boss Craig Levein at Dundee United after having his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

Goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen, winger Shaun Newton and forward Carl Cort, who all arrived at City under Martin Allen in the summer, have also left after having their contracts cancelled by mutual consent.

Young goalkeeper Carl Pentney, meanwhile, has this week joined Ilkeston Town of the Unibond League on a month-long loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669