January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports News pushing this one again. Do we think that it would be a good move if it allowed us to pull in 2-3million and bring in two or three players? We do have Chambers after all?

Martin O'Neill will also try to sign Leicester right-back Richard Stearman and Crystal Palace striker Sean Scannell for the Midlands club. (Daily Mirror)

Slow news day. O'Neill watches Palace v City and they pick two players which are probably on the radars of most Premiership teams.

Selling Stearman, IF the offer is good, just about makes sense: we still have plenty of cover at right back. Selling Mattock would seem to me, to be against Milan's vision of growth. Where would we get a replacement left back of such potential?

Leicester's Stearman in Villa sights
tribalfooball.com - January 30, 2008

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is moving for Leicester City fullback Richard Stearman.
O'Neill is set to launch a £2.5m raid on his old club for the 20 year-old after watching him in action this week.

if Stearman were to go (and i doubt it) its more likely Ollie would go for Connolly at Plymouth (and maybe Norris (if the RS for 2.5m rumours are true!)

Last edited:
Selling Stearman would be a sensible move in my opinion, I just don't think he will develop much more with us - under MON he could potentially be very good.

Selling Mattock would be a backwards step - far from the finished article but much more likely to become a quality player with us than Stearman.

Selling Stearman would be a sensible move in my opinion, I just don't think he will develop much more with us - under MON he could potentially be very good.

Selling Mattock would be a backwards step - far from the finished article but much more likely to become a quality player with us than Stearman.

thatll do for me :023:

Leicester will not be signing Isaiah Osbourne from Aston Villa any longer as Ollie is fed up of the waiting he has been made to do by Martin O'Neill.

Although Ollie will look to loan out Andy King and James Wesolowski to Wrexham and Leeds respectively to gain first team football as he also has 2 unnamed central midfielders lined up.

And finally he could make an audacious loan bid for Wayne Routledge and a final attempt to sign Rivaldo. It is also expected that Ipswich will make a £1.5 million bid for Gareth Mcauley and if they agree terms then Ollie has Mcshane from Sunderland lined up as he is out of favour there.

On the transfer front that is it from the Walkers

bit late on the Mcauley bit but oh well

Last edited:
''Birmingham striker Gary McSheffrey could return to former club Coventry City on loan or in a permanent move before the transfer window closes''

Yes/No ? :102: He can play on the Right can't he ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669