lazzers eating out guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobby horse at the end of the A46.

I shall not be driving that way again. It's in the same 2 for £10 as Gynsills and Local Hero, both of which are reasonable standard, but the meal yesterday was about 2/10. Cold spicybean burger with a cheese slice for the missus and a burnt "medium rare" steak for me. Chips were cold and mushy. Blah

The end in the middle, just past the exit for Loughborough, or am I getting it confused with the A47? I don't do geography or road names
I think you mean the roundabout on the A46 with the exits to Syston and Thurmaston.

Yeah probably, either way, shit food.
It's a family factory fun pub designed for the Syston locals and kids.

Great for what it's meant for, but not for high quality cuisine.

Last edited:
It's a family factory fun pub designed for the Syston locals and kids.

Great for what it's meant for, but not for high quality cuisine.

I'd still expect the food to be warm, maybe just a bad night. Like I said the Gynsill in Glenfield and the Local Hero are the same chain and both were 7/10 eateries.

The Pheasant, Keyston, Huntingdon.

9/10. Too posh for you ****s.

Wild Guinea Fowl, VERY freshly killed.

Sat on the table next to Julian White (Tigers and England), I knew it was a rugby player (earwigging), just wasn't sure who it was.

That's a conincidence we were thinking of going there sometime, is it a casual environment or dressy?

The Shires - Peatling Parva
Sunday lunch 8/10.
3 courses for £14 (I think - I wasn't paying) and v good value for that. The starter was a meal in itself.
Carvery was plentiful. The main problem was that it was packed and although they had a team of teenage waitresses they seemed to be struggling with the large numbers. It took a long time between courses and we kept having to ask if we could order more drinks. My wine finally turned up after I'd finished eating. We were told when to go up for the carvery but then the meals for the people who had ordered off the menu turned up ages later, with the vegetables for them another 10 mins after that.
I would go again though.

That's a conincidence we were thinking of going there sometime, is it a casual environment or dressy?
Smart/Casual.

There were some oiks in there in jeans, I tried not to acknowledge their existence.

A group of a people also ordered a full pig complete with apple in gob. Lovely stuff.

Give it a go, Drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670