lazzers eating out guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shires - Peatling Parva
Sunday lunch 8/10.
3 courses for £14 (I think - I wasn't paying) and v good value for that. The starter was a meal in itself.
Carvery was plentiful. The main problem was that it was packed and although they had a team of teenage waitresses they seemed to be struggling with the large numbers. It took a long time between courses and we kept having to ask if we could order more drinks. My wine finally turned up after I'd finished eating. We were told when to go up for the carvery but then the meals for the people who had ordered off the menu turned up ages later, with the vegetables for them another 10 mins after that.
I would go again though.

:icon_lol: You dont get upset very easy then ?

:icon_lol: You dont get upset very easy then ?

Some people I know might dispute that :icon_wink

But not today; the sun was shining, it was a birthday party, I was with good company so didn't mind the wait.

The Wharf Inn at Welford, just a nice place to have lunch and the beers on offer were excellent.

The Shires - Peatling Parva
Sunday lunch 8/10.
3 courses for £14 (I think - I wasn't paying) and v good value for that. The starter was a meal in itself.
Carvery was plentiful. The main problem was that it was packed and although they had a team of teenage waitresses they seemed to be struggling with the large numbers. It took a long time between courses and we kept having to ask if we could order more drinks. My wine finally turned up after I'd finished eating...the meals for the people who had ordered off the menu turned up ages later, with the vegetables for them another 10 mins after that.
I would go again though.

I might go to check it out. The teenage waitresses that is. If they are long on looks and short of skirt, then I will consider it.

Just a technical point Melts, but if it was a WILD guineafowl, how fresh do you think it would have kept on its journey from sub-Saharan Africa?

:icon_wink :icon_bigg
Very fresh if it was alive during transit.

It was locally raised. Just wild at being sent to be eaten.

"For global travelers with a cultured palate and a love of variety"

"Housed in a dramatically colonnaded space, Asia de Cuba's innovative menu is matched in its surroundings by a dramatic series of soaring 'art columns'."

Sounds a bit like the Koh-in-hoor on conduit street? :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670