Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Dubar:

I really don't know how this place gets good reviews. Saturday was the second time I'd been, after the first visit I sworn I'd never go back. I kept seeing good reviews on here though, and thought maybe I'd just been unfortunate with a one off crappy time.

Oh no... Same shit different day. I can see the appeal to piss heads who'd be happy with any curry after a few beers, or to people looking for a fairly cheap meal (curry w*s*). For someone looking to go for a really nice meal, good service etc then I certainly wouldn't recommend it from my experience.

The food was really no better than take away food. You know the ones, where every curry tastes almost identical. They just make it look different by adding a different colouring and choice of meat to the a base sauce.

The naan bread was a thick stodgy thing, that I doubt even touched the inside of a tandoor oven... if it had i'm sure it would have dropped off due to the weight of it.

The cutlery looked like someone had just finished eating a meal and left it on the table for the next person to use. The food took an hour to come out and the pint of cobra was so flat and vinegary that I thought they had poured me a pint of crap wine.

Places like the Curry House and Cuisine Of India in Wigston piss all over this place every day of the week.

Grand Dubar:

<snip>

Places like the Curry House and Cuisine Of India in Wigston piss all over this place every day of the week.

It's your own fault for going to the wrong place.

The Hunting Lodge - Barrow on Soar -very good. Service, Food,all in all, a very good evening.
5 adults, all had different type of meal, all enjoyed them.

Grand Dubar:

I really don't know how this place gets good reviews. Saturday was the second time I'd been, after the first visit I sworn I'd never go back. I kept seeing good reviews on here though, and thought maybe I'd just been unfortunate with a one off crappy time.

Oh no... Same shit different day. I can see the appeal to piss heads who'd be happy with any curry after a few beers, or to people looking for a fairly cheap meal (curry w*s*). For someone looking to go for a really nice meal, good service etc then I certainly wouldn't recommend it from my experience.

The food was really no better than take away food. You know the ones, where every curry tastes almost identical. They just make it look different by adding a different colouring and choice of meat to the a base sauce.

The naan bread was a thick stodgy thing, that I doubt even touched the inside of a tandoor oven... if it had i'm sure it would have dropped off due to the weight of it.

The cutlery looked like someone had just finished eating a meal and left it on the table for the next person to use. The food took an hour to come out and the pint of cobra was so flat and vinegary that I thought they had poured me a pint of crap wine.

Completely agree on the Durbar. I went once and it was shite. Gave them the benefit and visited a second time and it was even worse.
Cuisine of India for me too. :038:

Completely agree on the Durbar. I went once and it was shite. Gave them the benefit and visited a second time and it was even worse.
Cuisine of India for me too. :038:

Spice 45 is by far the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673