Leeds accept Schmeichel offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on a number of sports sites, and the majority of Leeds fans seem to be against this sale, some thought he was worth more than a million, others are angry with the manager and their owner Mr Bates both of whom come in for a lot of stick, for selling him, ( whether he signs for us is another matter). Overall Leeds seem to be in a chaotic state some fans want heads to roll notably Simon Graysons', this can only be positive for City, a main contender struggling in the close season. It would appear that Mr Bates is not prepared to spend money, whilst he builds his hotel, and he wants promotion on the cheap, sounds as if he's been talking to Mr Mandaric, no money but get me promotion or your fired.

and Oxford ones at that

Re: The Mirror create a rumour about Schmeichel

If we can agree terms I think this is a fantastic deal. Only 24 and already established in this league and has some premier league experience. Commands the back four extremely well also.

Leeds fan here. Not so sure mate. Schmeichel is a fantastic shot stopper, makes himself big like his dad did but he also made a lot of blunders. Leeds problem last season weren't the back 4, it was the back 5 and he has to take some responsibility of that woeful defence. He doesn't want to sign for you lot but I do think in time Sven will make him into a decent keeper. Leeds will have a trick up their sleeve with somebody who we think is better,Westwood isn't a dead cert to go to Sunderland and his name has started to crop up in the last 24 hrs.A keeper who is better than Kasper and he will be a guaranteed number 1, will he be that for sunderland? anyway it's not about him its about Kasper. He is a good signing 'potentially' but as I said earlier he has made a lot of mistakes this season and ive seen nearly every Leeds game.
Iam surprised we are getting rid though. And I think he is worth more than £1m

Last edited:

Leeds fan here. Not so sure mate. Schmeichel is a fantastic shot stopper, makes himself big like his dad did but he also made a lot of blunders. Leeds problem last season weren't the back 4, it was the back 5 and he has to take some responsibility of that woeful defence. He doesn't want to sign for you lot but I do think in time Sven will make him into a decent keeper. Leeds will have a trick up their sleeve with somebody who we think is better,Westwood isn't a dead cert to go to Sunderland and his name has started to crop up in the last 24 hrs.A keeper who is better than Kasper and he will be a guaranteed number 1, will he be that for sunderland? anyway it's not about him its about Kasper. He is a good signing 'potentially' but as I said earlier he has made a lot of mistakes this season and ive seen nearly every Leeds game.

Haven't heard much from you for a long time... Funny that.

Haven't heard much from you for a long time... Funny that.
Don't be a bitch all your life. He was making a very valid point. As were you I know

I think he needs work but he has deffo potential and he is very young for a keeper. Also comes from good stock, this is why im surprised we are letting him go for that amount.

It's true what someone said on here. Heads will begin to roll if we dont have a decent transfer summer. All we need now is Gradel and Snodgrass to go and there will be hell to pay with Grayson and Bates.

I think he needs work but he has deffo potential and he is very young for a keeper. Also comes from good stock, this is why im surprised we are letting him go for that amount.

It's true what someone said on here. Heads will begin to roll if we dont have a decent transfer summer. All we need now is Gradel and Snodgrass to go and there will be hell to pay with Grayson and Bates.
As has been said before, this sort of instability and internal conflict at a club like Leeds can only be good news for us and any other sides wanting or expecting promotion.

Think is Bazzles it was well known that we were in for westwood, but clearly have turned our attentions elsewhere as he is going to a premier league side.

And Weale was hardly at fault for many as the defence was shocking that night - Morrison had probably his worst ever game.
The defence of Leeds was probably the main reason they did not make the Playoffs as they made countless mistakes and without a good keeper they could struggle this coming season. Kisnorbo missing the season through injury was a key problem and will he be the same player from now on as he is getting on a bit. Leeds did so well for a while last season due to the attack they had, including another ex player of ours who scored the number of goals we need in our team.
But with a solid defence which Sven will hopefully put together I think that Kasper will add the needed last line of defence we have been missing.

Looks like he has joined already.

Weale didn't even play that night :icon_conf

EDIT: I just realised Hazzman beat me to it about 3 or 4 pages back :icon_redf

Last edited:

He doesn't want to sign for you lot but I do think in time Sven will make him into a decent keeper.

Good to hear from someone who knows the players personal thoughts as nothing of this nature has been said publicly.

he must have spoken to sven prior to all this, seems logical to me that the only "development", is that he has signed and is pictured with the No1 shirt fingers crossed, thats no1 sorted now for no2!

I think Weale's number 2.

Very interesting. Cheers bazzles, I'm always interested to hear what fans of other teams think.

It is nice to hear the views of serious fans from other clubs such as Rhydal and Bazzles - I do not include The Whites and RichB in that number.

I looked on a couple of Leeds forums and there were mixed comments about Kasper. Grayson had hinted that they had someone better than him lined up. They seemed impatient at not having signed anyone and some were disgruntled at Ken Bates whereas most Leicester fans seem positively gruntled about the Thai owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669