Leeds accept Schmeichel offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Tanner says there will be 'developments' in the Schmeichel saga today ....

Last edited:
What are 'devolpments'? :icon_conf

I'll be suprised if Schmeichel doesn't sign now that we've had an offer accepted.

His statement isn't all that rare for a player when leaving a club, I don't really know why people are getting so worked up over it. Silly season indeed.

And did he say he wanted to stay at Leeds? The bits I saw were him saying that he'd agreed to stay for another season, and hadn't turned down his contract because they didn't offer him one.... To me, it sounded like he wasn't offered one because he'd told them he wanted to wait a year and see where they were... which is why they've decided to accept the offer now rather than risk him leaving on a free next summer if they aren't where he wants to be.

From Teamtalks James Marshment
Coventry and Republic of Ireland custodian Keiron Westwood is a man many Leeds fans would love to see snapped up, and he would comfortably prove a safe pair of hands for the Whites.
However, he looks set for a move to the Premier League, with Sunderland a likely destination. Sorry Leeds fans - please don't shoot the messenger!
No, the man I believe Leeds should go for is Chris Kirkland, who is now a long way down the pecking order at Wigan in light of Latics' imminent signing of Ali Al Habsi from Bolton.
Kirkland, a keeper of natural ability, has lost his way in recent years due in no small part to injury. Loaned out to, ironically, Leicester last season, Leeds could tempt Wigan to sell the once-capped England man on a free transfer such will be their desire to get Kirkland off their wage bill.
Not sure Leeds fans would agree.

he must have spoken to sven prior to all this, seems logical to me that the only "development", is that he has signed and is pictured with the No1 shirt fingers crossed, thats no1 sorted now for no2!

he must have spoken to sven prior to all this, seems logical to me that the only "development", is that he has signed and is pictured with the No1 shirt fingers crossed, thats no1 sorted now for no2!

Kindly refrain from talking about your toilet habits please, I'm trying to eat my lunch...

I'll be suprised if Schmeichel doesn't sign now that we've had an offer accepted.

Why?

If he doesn't want to extend his contract at Leeds because he wants to be able to be free to go where he wants next summer, why would he take a sideways move that would keep him tied to Leicester for several years?
Maybe he'll insist on a contract that will allow him to move to a prem team if we don't get promoted.

Schmeichel is not the only goalkeeper under consideration. The Mercury understands two other stoppers have been targeted by City.

I keep seeing the word 'stopper' used to mean a goalkeeper. Stopper always used to mean a central defender. Has this changed or are people just clueless these days?

I was going to say 'don't shoot the messenger' but then realised that Mercury is the Messenger......

I keep seeing the word 'stopper' used to mean a goalkeeper. Stopper always used to mean a central defender. Has this changed or are people just clueless these days?

In decorating stopper is another term for filler.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Rob Tanner says there will be 'developments' in the Schmeichel saga today ....
I'm starting to think nobody knows what a saga is.
In decorating stopper is another term for filler.

Just thought I'd mention that.
brummer_wood_filler_9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673