Post Match Leicester 0 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that, were I to be the club's owners, I had supported a £9m signing and he was on the bench for the defining game of our season, I would be asking questions.

Best thing we can do is go out and play like we're already relegated so the pressure is off.

In short: I was there, we lost, it was crap. Except the curry.

Last edited:
It was disappointing that Mahrez came straight back into the team from the African Nations Cup. I wanted him to come out at half time and sing the Algerian National Anthem. The first half of the anthem is about how they killed Frenchmen and the second half is about how they are willing to carry on killing Frenchmen. It is quite moving.

It was a keenly anticipated match since Alan Pardew is a world class dugout performer. Who can forget his head butt on the Hull player? I was hoping he would attack Wasilewski. In fact he was off form. He spent the match looking slightly peeved except for two moments. He celebrated the Palace goal but not excessively. A misunderstanding between two Palace players gave Leicester the ball and Pardew kicked a water bottle; although I felt the water bottle was blameless.

Alan Pardew at his best would have reacted strongly at an incident in the second half when a collision between Pearson and James MacArthur led to Pearson trying to prevent MacArthur getting back on the pitch. Pardew's reaction would have done credit to Neville Chamberlain.

Otherwise the dugout was so dull people were forced to watch the match. Our strikers were poor. I rate Leonardo and would always pick him but today he was inept. Nugent was not much better. although to be fair the attack looked even more ineffective when Kramaric came on. Kramaric should have been booked for a blatant dive in the penalty area. On the other hand I thought we should have had a penalty for a foul of Mahrez. All credit to Danny Simpson who sprinted off when substituted and clearly realised an extra striker was needed. Vardy has come in for criticism recently but in the short time he was on the pitch looked good.

One of the recurrent pleasures of the season has been the reaction of Wasilewski to referees. He tries to look innocent but no referee ever believes him. He has one of those faces that it a defence council's nightmares; if he turned up for jury duty he would be convicted.

Today, it would be easy to lay into a number of the players, the tactics, the management, etc. But that's all too late and too obvious.

I am most embarrassed by our own fans. Berating the ref constantly when he gave 99% of decisions exactly right. The fact that our players foul constantly and cannot contain a player without doing so is not the ref's fault. Palace knew what was acceptable and what wasn't. We're amateurs. We're so naive and stupid at times and that isn't anyone else's fault.

Fans singing 'one Nigel Pearson' again. When we were doing well last season, it could barely be heard ever. Now it's every match, no matter how inept we are. These people are second class fans. People with no respect for themselves. You're an embarrassment to the history of a club that expects better than this.

Irrespective of the announced attendance, there are approximately 4,000 empty seats today. Clearly, more and more are deciding not to use their paid for tickets. Those that do attend are, for the most part, passionless and gutless. The fact that the players, management and owners have had virtually no criticism at all despite us being bottom for months and losing routinely is depressing.

And generally, the lack of understanding of the game from so many. Screaming abuse when a blatant dive from Kramaric isn't given, being bewildered as Ulloa's constant fouling is rightly called, getting excited when we get a set piece. All are second rate. I know we've been out of the top flight for a decade, but where the hell have our top flight supporters gone? We've got loads of 'fans' that don't appear to have the first idea what the game is about.

Who needs these fans when we've got supporters like BN, eh?

Theres something in BN's post here. I'm one of the few around where I sit to moan out loud and call out players when I don't think they are doing as well as they should be. I think it was the Spurs game on boxing day when about 20 minutes into it some guy in front of me told me to stop having a go at the players (bearing in mind the first 20 mins against Spurs was hopeless) and if I cant support the team then I shouldn't be in the ground and shouldn't bother turning up, only to be backed up by his mate telling me I was a one season glory supporter etc. and knew nothing about football if I was expecting any better from a team thats just been promoted. Time and time again I hear idiots on the radio and the ground accepting it is OK to be relegated as we've always been a yo yo team and that we will bounce back - that is no argument and is totally accepting of meritocracy with no ambition to move on and develop as a team and club.

Totally accepting of what?

I fear we wont be realizing the vision of our vice chair of champions league football

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! Did you ever think it was a possibility?

I think I'm beginning to see the problem!

All is not well behind the scenes at the club. A relative of mine is involved in the running of the academy (sub under 18 level) and is in and around the scene at Belvoir Drive on a day to day basis, beyond Pearson and his immediate little gang there is little unity, cohesion or a belief in working to common goals and all ensuring they equally understand what they are all commonly working towards; I'm told there is little respect for Pearson and his managerial/footballing acumen by people outside his immediate team.

Little respect for a chap who can get a team from League One to the Premier League? I'm sure this relative of yours will go far!

It was disappointing that Mahrez came straight back into the team from the African Nations Cup. I wanted him to come out at half time and sing the Algerian National Anthem. The first half of the anthem is about how they killed Frenchmen and the second half is about how they are willing to carry on killing Frenchmen. It is quite moving.

It was a keenly anticipated match since Alan Pardew is a world class dugout performer. Who can forget his head butt on the Hull player? I was hoping he would attack Wasilewski. In fact he was off form. He spent the match looking slightly peeved except for two moments. He celebrated the Palace goal but not excessively. A misunderstanding between two Palace players gave Leicester the ball and Pardew kicked a water bottle; although I felt the water bottle was blameless.

Alan Pardew at his best would have reacted strongly at an incident in the second half when a collision between Pearson and James MacArthur led to Pearson trying to prevent MacArthur getting back on the pitch. Pardew's reaction would have done credit to Neville Chamberlain.

Otherwise the dugout was so dull people were forced to watch the match. Our strikers were poor. I rate Leonardo and would always pick him but today he was inept. Nugent was not much better. although to be fair the attack looked even more ineffective when Kramaric came on. Kramaric should have been booked for a blatant dive in the penalty area. On the other hand I thought we should have had a penalty for a foul of Mahrez. All credit to Danny Simpson who sprinted off when substituted and clearly realised an extra striker was needed. Vardy has come in for criticism recently but in the short time he was on the pitch looked good.

One of the recurrent pleasures of the season has been the reaction of Wasilewski to referees. He tries to look innocent but no referee ever believes him. He has one of those faces that it a defence council's nightmares; if he turned up for jury duty he would be convicted.

Classic Gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570