Post Match Leicester 0 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine this was horrifyingly boring. Scoring goals shouldn't be so difficult at this point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well that was ****ing shit. Nevermind, same players next game no doubt.

The game was dull as feck but honestly don't think we were that bad, just a case of both teams cancelling each other out. It happened in plenty of games last season too.

We were pretty lame.

Poor performance apart from a few times where we looked like Leicester of old.

Drinkwater Mon again.

Agree to disagree. I thought Drinkwater had his worst performance for months, his long balls just kept going straight out of play and he wasn't creating anything.

Our defence played well. Thought Huth was our MOTM by a decent distant.

A clean sheet, and our unbeaten home run in the league continues, but not a good performance.
Longest in the Top flight for 87 years according to the commentary I was listening to.

I suppose at least we didn't lose but we really need to up our game.

We didn't make any real chances, other than cock ups by their defence. Vardy last year would have put that away no problem.
We were always second to the loose ball and the passing today both the short and long passing just wasn't good enough. So many times we gave the ball away.
Let's hope the International break will give the players time to relax and re think how to get to grips with how to break down a team.

Didn't think we were that bad, but certainly not good either. Bit of a naff game all round.

Would certainly like to see us putting in better deliveries when we've got someone of the aerial ability of Slimani to aim at. Our corners are generally pretty poor. Defensively we looked a bit more assured today. Still not as good as last season. Over all not a bad point for both teams but I think Southampton will be happier with it being their away game.

Our defence played well. Thought Huth was our MOTM by a decent distant.

A difference to the Manure game that defence turned up today. Similarly to that game though our forwards managed to avoid needing a shower once again. Gray and Shinji need to start next game.

Pedestrian, dull, uninspiring. That game pretty much sums up our league form to be honest. Still, a point gained. Onwards and upwards.

The game was dull as feck but honestly don't think we were that bad, just a case of both teams cancelling each other out. It happened in plenty of games last season too.
That's my take as well. Played some good football at times but just cancelled each oher out.

To me it was obvious that Mahrez and Albrighton had been told not to bomb forward like normal as thats how Southampton destroyed West Ham last week.

Meh

Next

Thought the players who are doing the CL and PL looked tired, Vardy, Mahrez and Albrighton in particular. Huth did well but looks knackered, how Wes keeps going I don't know. Drinky not up to his usual standard again tiredness. Slimani had a very quiet game but he got no service. Overall a draw was a fair result, but Uncle Claudio has got to start making changes to protect some of his players.

Drinkwater has spent too much time around Rooney in the England squad as he appears to want to play the same indulgent way. He's playing far too deep and demands the ball from everyone only to either play the easy pass (which a blind monkey could do) or attempt the world class pass. Of course, this rarely works so he just looked like an arrogant prick today.

My other annoyance was Vardy. His form would have been sufficient to be dropped for anyone else - he's been garbage for weeks - but he seems immune to criticism. Schlupp dares to enter the pitch and he gets hammered, whereas Vardy is either totally out of form (best case scenario) or has started to believe his own hype and doesn't seem to feel the need to do the hard stuff any more.

To complete the hat-trick, my other criticism goes to Ranieri. He's managed the squad pretty poorly so far this season. He has acquired a squad but isn't using it. So, half the team looked shagged out because he's over-played them. We're also far too predictable and his changes are not as well thought out. He also appears to be still relaxing on last season's achievements.

Frankly, the lot of them need to wake up and realise that you can't take the Premier League lightly. Southampton were far superior to us today and if they'd had slightly more energy or intent, would have won comfortably. We were there for the taking.

We were complete dogshit - second best in every department, but I'll save my total wank flannel award to the joint recipients of Vardy, Mahrez and Albrighton. Dear God they were terrible

Southampton should actually be embarrassed and ashamed to go home with only a point

Awful stuff

Where was the bloke playing the PHG, by the way

That and the half time disgrace just about summed up the day

We last drew 0-0 with Southampton in November 2005 with this side

Starting lineup:

Goalkeeper Rab Douglas

Defender Patrik Gerrband

Defender Nils-Eric Johansson

Defender/Centre back Paddy McCarthy

Defender/Forward Dion Dublin

Defender/Midfielder Paddy Kisnorbo

Defender/Midfielder Alan Maybury

Midfielder Ryan Smith

Midfielder Momo Sylla

Midfielder Gareth Williams

Forward Elvis Hammond

So with the above in mind I suppose we can be grateful that we have hopefully something better to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669