Post Match Leicester 0 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is not the players, and the sad thing is it is going to take the owners and majority of the fans at least a season to realise what the problem is, but the sad fact is unless the owners act quickly the teams motivation will get distroyed very quickly and what drove them to achived last season will be distroyed.
You are not seriously suggesting we should sack Ranieri are you?

Alternatavly can someone explain to Ranieri that the only reason we achieved last season is because we played very different game of football to this season. But I doubt Ranieri has a clue about the difference.

The reason that we were so successful was that other teams did not expect us to play the kind of game that we did. This season they are wise to it and shape their game to defend against it. I wouldn't expect otherwise and it is simply ridiculous to imagine that we could continue to be successful in that manner.

I'm not going to allow unrealistic expectations to spoil my enjoyment of following us.

My point is that it is not unrealistic to expect us to be competing in the top half of the league now. We're at worst the eighth highest wage bill in the league. If you're really saying that you consider that to be some kind of reward for winning the league which the players and staff can enjoy whilst not delivering on the pitch, then I think you'll be in a small minority. As soon as they started getting paid top dollar, expectations of them changed. So far, they are not earning this money.

We've made an identical start to the season as the previous Champions (Chelsea) did last year. They won two, drew two and lost three of their first seven matches. They were quite rightly regarded as a club in crisis by this point. We're nowhere near their level, but we are under-performing and we should be holding those that are under-performing to account for it.

Is any player currently at the level from last season? I think Albrighton, Okazaki, Simpson, Amartey and Gray can be given a green light. And the only issue I have with the new players is the fact that they've not been seen enough. The rest, either consistently or erratically, are not playing well enough.

Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater, King, Vardy and Mahrez were happy enough to sign exceptionally lucrative deals in the summer. I'm still waiting for them to come back down from cloud nine though. Huth and Fuchs didn't sign new deals but both are far from the players they were last season too.

I do get the fact that there is a hangover effect. I also appreciate the fact that the Champions League will be affecting performances. But even so, we just haven't turned up in most Premier League games this season.

And the manager isn't immune from criticism either. He was amazing last season because he saw what was wrong so quickly and made it right so effectively. He's done feck all this season except send the players out on some kind of 'best of' tour.

The reason that we were so successful was that other teams did not expect us to play the kind of game that we did. This season they are wise to it and shape their game to defend against it. I wouldn't expect otherwise and it is simply ridiculous to imagine that we could continue to be successful in that manner.

Whilst I agree to some extent, they didn't seem to work us out for the entirety of last season. Why wouldn't they have wised up to it and shaped their game last October or November?

I do have a bit of sympathy for the players. They know that whatever they do in the Premier League it'll be never as good as last season.

Yes they have a duty to show some effort for their pay packet and for the supporters who pay to watch them each week. But, from a supporters perspective, I am yet to get excited about a Premier League game this season. I turned up yesterday and realised I wasn't particularly fussed whether we won, lost or drew. The Champions League is a completely different story.

From a supporters perspective, I am yet to get excited about a Premier League game this season. I turned up yesterday and realised I wasn't particularly fussed whether we won, lost or drew. The Champions League is a completely different story.

I completely agree.

After the lord mayers show and all that.

It was always likely to be a "difficult second album" situation. The achievement of last season would have felt unbelievable for the players and would have been a crazy high.

Once wildest dreams are achieved, indeed overachieved it is then bound to feel quite a come down with no where else to go other than repeating the feat. You can tell that they are also feeling frustrated that what worked last year isn't quite clicking into place this time around.

I know we can all argue that they are professional players on a now monstrously enhanced pay packet but just paying someone more does not equate to improved future results.

There is a big psychological hill to get over here for our team. There is probably a similar hump to overcome for many fans.

I don't expect us to vhallenge for the league but I do expect a top 8 finish. Vardy in particular seems more interested in getting stories in the papers than running around on the pitch. He doesn't seem to realise that most of the papers are simply taking the piss out of him. He needs to ditch the "funny drinks" image and get back to working hard.

Arsenal won't be offering £25m for him in January.

On paper the results so far have been acceptable, the frustration is with the level of performance.

Particularly as it's our 'best' players that are letting us down the most.

Personally I expect us to be qualifying for the Europa league. I believe this is realistic, and anything less would be a massive step backwards in terms of the profile of the club.

If our objectives are really just to avoid a relegation scrap and have a bit of fun in the Champions league then we should have cashed in on Vardy and Mahrez and maybe one or two others while their stock was high (ala Southampton)

Our efforts to keep them suggests the clubs objectives and expectations are higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669