Post Match Leicester 0 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will be a change to the way we play away from home, and more of a balanced view to the side that we put out post Champs Lge.
My team for the Chelea match would be:

Schmiechel
Hernandez Huth Morgan Fuchs
Amartey
Drinkwater Mendy
Mahrez Okazaki
Vardy

Going forwards i'd play something like this away from home whilst the champions league fixtures are on. A more compact set up but with pace and link play on the ball. I wouldn't really attribute positions to Mahrez and Okazaki, instead just seeing them as link up players between Drinkwater, Mendy, the fullbacks and Vardy.
AT HOME until Christmas: i'd start playing Chilwell and Gray and see Vardy as a half time or 60mins impact player so he can smash the champions league and really give our away games a run. It was clear from Saturday that we can't pile that play him in every game and expect the same player.
In this formation i'd ask Chilwell to get forward and also threaten Simpson with the big stick if he doesn't start playing the ball more quickly and acknowledging that we can only overload the opposition if he gets over the halfyway line more than twice a game.
For me Okazaki HAS to start and run his arse off for 60 minutes. He's a talismanic figure for us who has a vastly underrated impact on the ability of Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton etc to get the space and ball they need to do their jobs....
Some hard decisions for Don Claudio to make, but he has to make them or risk us standing still whilst everyone flourishes around us.
Oh, and we need Adrien Silva and Michael Keane in January....

Schmeichel
Simpson Huth Morgan Chilwell
Amartey Drinkwater
Mahrez Okazaki Gray
Slimani

Those that have been around long enough will remember the MON days when he built a team that had a unique playing style and a team attitude that achieved a lot. You will also remember the following manager that did not have a dilly dong about what was going on, and sadly this reminds me of that period.
From which step have you crawled from under. Claudio has achieved more than MON ever did, and I am not belittling what MON did for the Club. Given the physical and psychological pressures they were under last season when they performed exceptionally well and well above what was expected of them. I for one am not surprised they are struggling to find last seasons form, they are tired but that doesn't mean that the manager has 'lost his way', new demands, new players, new systems take time to adapt and blend. The manager has to be confident that the new players can perform at the same level as the original core group, when he has that confidence I am sure the Vardy's Mahrez's Allbrighton's and Drinkwater's will get rested which will allow them to get back to their individual best.

just asking questions, that all

So not making any statements then.

Are you talking bollocks?
Are you on the wind up?
Are you sane?

Nah, I prefer the opinionated statement much more than these questiony things.

Reflecting on this result and this thread, I'd say we've had 5 home performances (CL, Arsenal, Swansea and Burnley) before this which would have fitted in quite nicely last season. We seem to have forgotten about those in the light of yesterday.

This point was average and the performance below par, but in itself not a disaster. If we'd have somehow nicked a winner it could well have been one of our 1-0 wins from last year - but that's football.

The away form is the BIG worry and has been awful, and our next 2 away matches are Chelsea and Spurs. We could well have lost our first 5 away games after those.

(I'm going to exclude the chaos and farce of the League Cup)

Just observations. I do agree that CR should have begun mixing things up and doing a better job of integrating some new players a few games ago. Frankly I still think we are suffering for the pre-season jolly when we should have worked all that out.

Has anyone got a snorkel I can borrow whilst I wade through all of this complete liquid shit?

God help us when we lose a home game, its simply that all of the short sighted ****wits are currently wearing camouflage.

Mawsley as you are so sure that is all is well. please let us know have you noticed any difference between this seasons and last seasons results and if you answer is yes. Please answer
Why did we win so many matches last season?
Why are we not playing the same way this season?
What has changed in the way we are playing?
Why has the way we are playing changed?
Has it been delibrate change? or is it a random event that is uncontrolled?

I agree we have to give Claudio the credit for achiving what he did last season. But ask yourselves. What did he actually do? How did he what he achieved?
When he joined he had a winning squad and established playing style that was proven, it was a succesful formula that stood the club head and shoulders above the rest, and yes, he had the brains not the change it. Full credit to him for that. That was great, its been the best season I have ever lived through. But now its different.

The squad had changed. we have new players, lost Kanti, and all the players have changed from, players that where hungry for success, to highly succesfull, wealthy players that have achieved more than they could have ever have imagined. It has changed. That magic formula has gone and if you want proof of that, compare games from last season to the games this season.

I hope I am wrong.

I agree we have to give Claudio the credit for achiving what he did last season. But ask yourselves. What did he actually do?

He won the Premier League FFS. A simply unprecedented achievement in the history of LCFC and all of it's previous players and managers

How did he what he achieved?
When he joined he had a winning squad and established playing style that was proven, it was a succesful formula that stood the club head and shoulders above the rest, and yes, he had the brains not the change it.

He did change it. He virtually revolutionised it

He brought in Simpson and Fuchs at full back, to replace the hapless De Laet and Konchesky/Schlupp. He changed the whole gung-ho approach to defending as a result, and it was the foundation of everything we did

He brought in Kante and Okazaki, to completely change the way we played in both midfield and attack, and Vardy flourished as a direct result

He played both Drinkwater and Albrighton constantly, and turned them into Champions

Good post. It is easy to forget how we started last season.

I suspect Inler was alongside Drinwater for the first couple of months before Kante became a regular starter, rather than a sub.

We have never won the top league before.

That's what he did.

Good post. It is easy to forget how we started last season.

I suspect Inler was alongside Drinwater for the first couple of months before Kante became a regular starter, rather than a sub.

We started with King in midfield, then tried both Inler and Kante

We also started the first few matches with De Laet and Schlupp at full back, until Arsenal ripped us apart

Our approach to defending changed completely after that match, thank feck

ok you all think we are going to win the premier or at lease be in top five. I dont. If we carry on as we are we will be in bottom half.

ok you all think we are going to win the premier or at lease be in top five. I dont. If we carry on as we are we will be in bottom half.

Nope,

I don't think we will be in the top 5, mid table and build in a proper manner will do me just fine thanks.

Some people are in for a real hard few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669