Post Match Leicester 1 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All well and good moaning that some errikson signings haven't come off but Pearson has made matters worse since he arrived. A case of chucking the baby out with the bathwater. Making the errikson players that are of value feel unwelcome. Even if we do sign Sharp it won't make any difference as the problem lies with Pearsons legacy of paceless midfielders who are even slower of thought. Thoroughly pissed off. When kp lose patience we'll go to the wall again. Great.

Here, here. Although Sven's signings weren't great in practice they did manage to put in a performance now and again. Pearson's changes has unsettled the team and made us worse. Lowest we've been this season, playing worse than at any time under Sven in 10 games that were far easier on paper than Sven's 13.

Last edited:
Inept all over the park. Forget criticising Pearson. Eriksson's second rate signings are really being exposed now. Credit to Barnsley, i thought they looked a useful side.

I don't know even know where to place blame at the minute.... We seem to have gone backwards since Sven left, big time. Maybe because these players aren't right for Pearson's game, but the midfielders were nearly all before and seem to have been awful.

It's all just very blegh.

Inept all over the park. Forget criticising Pearson. Eriksson's second rate signings are really being exposed now. Credit to Barnsley, i thought they looked a useful side.

You could make the argument that Sven would have the likes of Fernandes, Johnson, Beckford, and one or two others in this side and playing with a lot more confidence.

Just because Pearson seems unwilling to use certain players doesn't make them bad signings. We would be in a healthier place with Sven at the helm...I'm quite sure of that.

Shocking and could have been more if it wasn't for Kasper yet again!!

On the plus side though, it did contribute to me winning £62 on a Norwich, Barnsley & Charlton trebble :icon_razz

Can you use your winnings on terminating Wellens' contract please !

5c1a816b-b72f-8380.jpg

Just three shots on target?

You poor, poor bastards. How much do I not miss having a season ticket any longer?

Erm... It seems to me that Pearson hasn't played most of Sven's signings and offended some. The SSL situation seems to illustrate that perfectly: has a barney, NP tells him to go, finds he has no cover and puts him on the bench! These last few games have seen very poor teams turned out and we are in a much worse position than we ever were under Sven.

Pearson has no Plan B he keeps shit playera in like Gally and Wellens Gives Beckford no time to get into the game let alone score. He keeps the ideal player for this sort of vame on the bench and plahs 1 up front. .

Not only wasn't there enough time, b the time he did come on, we were far more direct than we were in the first half. Not a chance to shine.

You could make the argument that Sven would have the likes of Fernandes, Johnson, Beckford, and one or two others in this side and playing with a lot more confidence.

Just because Pearson seems unwilling to use certain players doesn't make them bad signings. We would be in a healthier place with Sven at the helm...I'm quite sure of that.

I agree, this could well have still been a banana skin with Sven's team but I firmly believe that we would be hovering around 8th or 9th with him still in charge.

Erm... It seems to me that Pearson hasn't played most of Sven's signings and offended some. The SSL situation seems to illustrate that perfectly: has a barney, NP tells him to go, finds he has no cover and puts him on the bench! These last few games have seen very poor teams turned out and we are in a much worse position than we ever were under Sven.
Over half of the starting team are Sven's. I suspect they may be partly to blame.

Pearson needs to bring players in and fast, the current crop just ain't working and it desperately needs some new blood and fresh impetus, if we can bring 4 or 5 players of genuine quality then the season is still far from over, the play offs can still be reached but we are running out of games and we need to start stringing a decent run of results together.

Over half of the starting team are Sven's. I suspect they may be partly to blame.

Sven talked a good game - but he brought it players who pverall were a waste of money.

Under Pearson things are getting worse - but perhaps this was inevitable.

Pearson must rue the day he agreed ot come back and isn't gettting it right - but he needs to do so. This club is already a joke it doesn't need to get worse by another manager leaving.

Couple of them were, indeed, shit today: Peltier, Danns and Mills.

But I do wonder if they'd be playing as poorly if the man who signed them was still at the helm.

There is clearly a disconnect between Pearson and some of the squad. The only solve here is to give Pearson time to build his own side...but sacking Sven, for me, was a mistake.

14 days into January, where's the influx of players to replace SGE's team that apparantly was not good enough,so going back to "our Nige" was a better deal, on the showing of last 6 games I don't think so.But who am I just a fickle LCFC fan.But another crap performance against a side who are supposed to be a 3 pointer for us..SGE was never this bad..I'm not shouting Pearson OUT..Thats just more money down the drain.SGE had more influence in getting signings into the club.This is not a sticking plaster problem its a major operation

Sven talked a good game - but he brought it players who pverall were a waste of money.

Under Pearson things are getting worse - but perhaps this was inevitable.

Pearson must rue the day he agreed ot come back and isn't gettting it right - but he needs to do so. This club is already a joke it doesn't need to get worse by another manager leaving.

Sven's team was never this bad. Why is a fall off inevitable? Usually, a team has a spell of success when a new manager comes in. Finally, if we don't change manager again, will the board give Pearson money to spend, and if not, with Pearson having a poor relationship with so many of Sven's signings, how will he change things?

Changing manager not the answer at all. It wasn't in October either.

Whoever is in charge needs 2 years minimum, especially in this case where Pearson seems to need his own players to be a success.

In short two wrongs don't make a right.

Pearson needs to bring players in and fast, the current crop just ain't working and it desperately needs some new blood and fresh impetus, if we can bring 4 or 5 players of genuine quality then the season is still far from over, the play offs can still be reached but we are running out of games and we need to start stringing a decent run of results together.

:081: :081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670