Post Match Leicester 1 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sven's team was never this bad. Why is a fall off inevitable? Usually, a team has a spell of success when a new manager comes in. Finally, if we don't change manager again, will the board give Pearson money to spend, and if not, with Pearson having a poor relationship with so many of Sven's signings, how will he change things?

Its a very difficult situation to be honest. Your analysis may not be far off. BUT

Irrespective of money I don't think it would be easy at the moment to attract decent players.

No easy solutions - but the hard way may be the only way i.e. a long slog for Pearson to put things right.

Changing manager not the answer at all. It wasn't in October either.

Whoever is in charge needs 2 years minimum, especially in this case where Pearson seems to need his own players to be a success.

In short two wrongs don't make a right.

Let us be honest, this season is over. I know that we may be only 4 points from the play-off places, but we might as well be 40. Pearson seems to me, to be a dead man walking: why would the board give Pearson big money? If there is no change, I see us as simply playing out the season to change in the summer. A new man now will. at least know his team by then.

Let us be honest, this season is over. I know that we may be only 4 points from the play-off places, but we might as well be 40. Pearson seems to me, to be a dead man walking: why would the board give Pearson big money? If there is no change, I see us as simply playing out the season to change in the summer. A new man now will. at least know his team by then.

Depends on what you think of Pearson.

I agree this season is over, but I think Pearson should have the offseason to get things right.

On the issue of formation, he says he doesn't have much choice. Says the squad is smaller than people seem to realise and he has very limited options with a very unbalanced squad.

Said we have to make acquistions to address our issues.

Says the squad is unbalanced, not big enough and has "other issues that need to be addressed".

Team is letting the fans get to them too much when they're on the pitch, they need to be stronger.

Says he wouldn't accuse the players of not giving it a go, but just weren't good enough.

Abe came off against Forest because he was very tired and the team did well in the second half there, so went for that today.

Billy Sharp... the ball is in his court, we've made our offer.

NP knew what he was coming in to, thinks there have been delusions of grandeur. Says today's performance is indicative of how the team has progressed, or moved, in the last 18 months.

I fail to see the reason why Pearson can't organise his team. He hasn't got one single good performance from them since he rejoined.
We need about another 20 points, I think we'll struggle to get them.

Some key quotes...

Jason Bourne @JasonBourne1986 1m
Nigel Pearson on 104.9 FM "I'll try and do business in this window and rectify the problems that we have." #LCFC

Jason Bourne Jason Bourne @JasonBourne1986 2m
Nigel Pearson on 104.9FM "We do need to make acquisitions in this window. I'm as frustrated as other people. Today wasn't good enough" #LCFC

Jason Bourne Jason Bourne @JasonBourne1986 4m
Nigel Pearson on 104.9 FM "We've got a number of issues we need to address and I'll be working hard to change that" #LCFC

Jason Bourne Jason Bourne @JasonBourne1986 3m
Nigel Pearson on 104.9 FM "Very poor result and very poor performance. Maybe we've got delusions of grandeur here" #LCFC

Its a very difficult situation to be honest. Your analysis may not be far off. BUT

Irrespective of money I don't think it would be easy at the moment to attract decent players.

No easy solutions - but the hard way may be the only way i.e. a long slog for Pearson to put things right.

I'm not so sure about that, we're effectively the same as QPR when the were taken over. They were far from great until Warnock took over despite spending a lot for the division and still attracted players.

Season over. I'm sorry but thats the mentality of a loser. Never stop trying.

I agree this season is over, but I think Pearson should have the offseason to get things right.

Having just heard Pearson on RL, I am gob smacked! Nothing is his fault, he expected to be in this position: I wonder it he said that when interviewed for the job?

The owners have had ample time to see his style of football. May be a factor as to why he probably won't.

We seem so far off the playoffs at the minute, but five points off means the season is far from over.

If it was the other way round, and we were five points and seven places from the relegation zone instead, I'm sure people wouldn't be saying we're safe then.

Five points isn't too difficult to make up.... but we need significant changes first. At least two midfielders (including wingers) and a striker would be a good start.

Pearson has proven himself to be effective when given time and resources to build his own side.

We are dreadful currently, and we'd be better with Sven because it is his squad. When Pearson remolds in his image I think things will improve drastically...but that is not happening overnight.

Pearson clearly isn't very good at working with other people's players. In which case he needs to find his own.

Pearson has proven himself to be effective when given time and resources to build his own side.

We are dreadful currently, and we'd be better with Sven because it is his squad. When Pearson remolds in his image I think things will improve drastically...but that is not happening overnight.

Pearson clearly isn't very good at working with other people's players. In which case he needs to find his own.

I agree.

The owners have had ample time to see his style of football. May be a factor as to why he probably won't.

....Also the fact that Sven did markedly better with the same squad than Pearson. I know a manager needs time to create his own squad but they'll look at it at face value and see that this so far has been a step back and there's no guarantee of steps forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669