Post Match Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glorious day in New South Wales. Drinking coffee on the veranda. Off to Dee Why beach for a dip and then gonna swing by the shops for a Chicken Supreme.

Probably the least 'attacking' display we have produced this season.

Very effective though in some ways.

I don't think that Mahrez alongside Vardy is effective as we have no outlet when defending and trying to get the ball forward quickly - particularly against a tall defense. Okazaki is also nullified in this instance.

I think Claudio has a difficult task in balancing our team as today we lost our attacking edge (but won with a clean sheet).

Very difficult to balance but I am inclined to think that Ulloa should partner Vardy against this type of team as he can 'flick on' one hold the ball up.

Kante was immense and Drinkwater was superb.

Great problems to have particularly when you look at the strength on our bench. I think we will see some 'fringe' players come into their own towards the second half of the season as Claudio morphs the team. King, Inler, Ulloa and Kramaric will play important roles in us finishing the season strongly I believe.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with both of you.

I'm not someone who needs to have a scapegoat, indeed a scapegoat for what?

Shclupp is integral to nothing, he's fast, well so was Linford Christie.

With all due respect MA, watching a possession focused coverage on ESPN or whatever it is over there offers no perspective of the overall shape or contribution of players off the ball.

I watched him closely with my own eyes 2nd half, he did't look interested and he certainly didn't cover more ground than anyone else, he was terrible, his attitude and body language stank and his pace isn't used properly as he doesn't have a clue what to do when he gets in a decent position.

Nope, he's poor, his pace is pulling the wool over your eyes chaps.
I agree he was poor second half, however, I think he was knackered after working hus socks of first half.

Going on from the above, I think three main changes to the team have considerably improved the balance of the side. The full backs and Kante in central midfield.

The full backs are mentioned elsewhere well enough so....

We've played him (Kante) left side a few times and he just isn't as effective there, I'm a big fan of his and playing him in the middle we really are reaping the rewards. I don't think I've ever seen a midfielder make dispossessing an opponent look so easy. He always seems to time his tackles correctly and doesn't dive in and for a little guy he does well physically.

Penny for Matty James' thoughts because Drinky and Kante are playing so well. Kingy always puts a shift in, he's very reliable and had a monster of a game against West Ham in the cup. Then you've got Inler, who we probably all expected to walk into the side, not even getting a sniff.

Unbelievable to think we have someone of Inler's pedigree down at 4th choice centre midfielder.

James is going to have a hard time making the bench at the moment! Good luck Claudio, a nice problem you will have.

Here's what i want...while we can,lets WIN something. It's only October & we're already halfway to the probable safety mark in terms of points.If we can make sure the wheels don't fall off & are in a strong position in January lets make an all out assault on the FA Cup.Lets be honest,it's the biggest competition a club our size can expect to win. We've never won it so now is the time.Plus it gets us into Europe.

What I don't want is to see us make the stupid mistake Pochettino did when he was at Soton. They were top-half,no danger of relegation & not likely to qualify for Europe by league position & the stupid **** put out a weakened team in the cup at Sunderland & they got turned over.
There's no point minimising risk when there isn't any risk.A mate of mine is a Saint & wanted Pochettino dead after that.Biggest missed chance in 30 years.

What would you rather have? Finish 9th & win **** all? Or finish 12th & stick the FA Cup in the trophy room for the first time in 132 years & start planning European jaunts for next season?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what i want...while we can,lets WIN something.It's only October & we're already halfway to the probable safety mark in terms of points.If we can make sure the wheels don't fall off & are in a strong position in January lets make an all out assault on the FA Cup.Lets be honest,it's the biggest competition a club our size can expect to win.We've never won it so now is the time.Plus it gets us into Europe.

What I don't want is to see us make the stupid mistake Pochettino did when he was at Soton.
They were top-half,no danger of relegation & not likely to qualify for Europe by league position & the stupid **** put out a weakened team in the cup at Sunderland & they got turned over.There's no point minimising risk when there isn't any risk.A mate of mine is a Saint & wanted Pochettino dead after that.Biggest missed chance in 30 years.

What would you rather have? Finish 9th & win **** all? Or finish 12th & stick the FA Cup in the trophy room for the first time in 132 years & start planning European jaunts for next season?

I'd go for the top 4 spot and a cup double thanks....no pressure on the clown

That's a no brainer surely? Every fan would take 12th and a cup. I would take 17th and a cup although I'm sure we'll do much better.

A trip to the new Wembley would be amazing, we showed what a good well supported club we are at the old Wembley over and over.

We've got the squad and the fitness to do well in all 3 competitions this season.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We faced a Crystal Palace side that worked as hard as us and were very organised. It needed a piece of magic to break them down and that was what we got with Vardy's goal.

Whatever their other qualities to bring on Shinji and Dyer makes us a very small side indeed. When Leonardo is fit I would prefer him to Shinji because of his defensive qualities especially at set pieces.

Alan Pardew managed to annoy the fans near me as he passed most of the game complaining. He was certain Palace should have had two penalties. For all I know he may have been right but his view was little better than mine and I found it difficult to tell. He was perhaps the first manager to quarrel with Claudio when he felt Great Caesar should have given the ball to the nearest Leicester player rather than the one Claudio wanted to take the throw in.

Pardew has a notebook and he was constantly writing in it. Great Caesar stands aloof on the sideline. He has no notebook and none of his minions on the bench keep one either. Steve Walsh Sr may be in the stands but there does not seem to be any communication during the match. The days of Kevin Phillips forgetting to turn the walkie talkie on have gone. Toward the end Caesar was gesturing to the crowd to raise the volume. I don't remember a Leicester manager doing this since Chris Powell's game in charge.

I had looked forward to a clash between Mike Stowell and Alan Pardew but Leicester's Mr Angry has sadly mellowed. Perhaps Claudio has softened him with memories of being young and Roman women, the Alban Hills and Frascati wine.

Sounds like he was going to cry - Ranieri "didn't give the ball back" lol!! Apparently he goaded their players and didn't shake Pardews hand? Pardew said "they've got to come to our place and we have a long memory"
Probably gutted that he couldn't rob us of six points again this season

Vardy continues to amaze me; I did not credit him with the talent which that goal showed. On MOTD, yes they praised the goal but, I can't help thinking that were it to have been scored by a multi million pound import, for one of the Manchester clubs, or Arsenal, we'd have seen and heard a lot more about the skill involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669