Post Match Leicester 2 Chelsea 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed those chances he created.
Fair enough, he didn’t create clear chances but his linkup play was very good and he put some balls in to the channel that got us on the attack. My point is he is a positive when he comes on and is currently our most in form striker. Baffles me why he doesn’t start.

He clearly brought his hand towards the ball and stopped it reaching its intended target. Hard to see in real-time but clear to see on a replay. So why didn’t VAR look at it?

That's what I thought - looked like he clearly brought his trailing hand towards the ball.

Handball rule is ridiculous this year though, if it just brushes an attackers little finger then no goal but it seems unless a defender makes an actual save, it won't be given. Ridiculous imbalance.

Thought Perez was really good today.

Hamza played pretty well too.

Barnes, miss aside was a threat.

Chilwell did really well going forward but defended poorly on both of their goals.

That's what I thought - looked like he clearly brought his trailing hand towards the ball.

Handball rule is ridiculous this year though, if it just brushes an attackers little finger then no goal but it seems unless a defender makes an actual save, it won't be given. Ridiculous imbalance.
Makes you feel a little sorry for the Bournemouth player who made a great save recently and was sent off for it. He brought his hand to the ball, but so did the Villa player in midweek and Rudiger today.

Thought Perez was really good today.

Hamza played pretty well too.

Barnes, miss aside was a threat.

Chilwell did really well going forward but defended poorly on both of their goals.
Having Chilwell marking Rudiger after he has already scored a header was a piss poor setup for their second.

Miserable sods.

It was nice to watch a game with two sides having a go at each other.

Should have won it though.
It was a nice game to watch. But I don’t want to watch a nice game. I want to watch us not throw away two points. But each to their own.

It was a nice game to watch. But I don’t want to watch a nice game. I want to watch us not throw away two points. But each to their own.
Yeah I was chuffed to **** when they equalised. Really genuinely pleased. Football was the winner today.

****ing hell.

Evans Chilwell, Vardy and Choudhury missed absolute golden chances and Rudigers equaliser was soft at best - seemed to happen in slow motion. We haven't taken the opportunity to strengthen and so we are going to have to get a second wind from somewhere.
vardy wasnt fit so shouldnt have played IMO.
For Wolves and Palace I think we need to play a tight formation and rely on the break. If we are as open as we were today we will get dicked.

Schmeichel
Justin Soyuncu Evans Chilwell
Ndidi Choudhury
Pereira Maddison Barnes
Iheanacho

Evans Chilwell, Vardy and Choudhury missed absolute golden chances and Rudigers equaliser was soft at best - seemed to happen in slow motion. We haven't taken the opportunity to strengthen and so we are going to have to get a second wind from somewhere.
vardy wasnt fit so shouldnt have played IMO.
For Wolves and Palace I think we need to play a tight formation and rely on the break. If we are as open as we were today we will get dicked.

Schmeichel
Justin Soyuncu Evans Chilwell
Ndidi Choudhury
Pereira Maddison Barnes
Iheanacho

Remind me of the Chilwell and Choudhury chances?

Having Chilwell marking Rudiger after he has already scored a header was a piss poor setup for their second.
wasn't just Rudiger, Christiansen was there also, I'd put the blame on Evans assuming he is responsible for setting the defensive line and organising.

I think Kasper's failure to deal with any aerial balls especially in our 6 yard box is causing us massive issues, the big problem is Kasper is bulletproof and everyone, including him, knows it which is a ridiculous position for any player to be in.

We saw Lampard today drop his keeper due to form, how many games would it take to see Kasper dropped I wonder? Probably double figures.

If Brendan thinks Ward is close he should play him, if not then we need a new number one keeper in the summer

We saw the best and the worst of Chilwell today. Fantastic attacking intent and a great finish but with piss poor defending for both of their goals. Sums him up as a player.

Perez was excellent throughout and I thought Barnes did well but he still needs to be calmer when a chance presents itself. He has to stop snatching at things. For all Iheanacho's great improvement of late I don't think he was great when he came on. He had a moment of magic with a ball through to Barnes but other than that he fluffed his lines pretty much whenever he got the ball.

I don't think that was a penalty. I'm not convinced he moved his had towards the ball in all honesty. Like I say, we could have won it with two clear cut chances in the second half but we could also have been out of the game by HT if they had taken their chances. I'm not too disappointed with a point, especially given the fact that they could reacted much worse to their capitulation at Villa.

putting the blame on Chilwell for the second goal is very harsh, he could have done better but when he ends up with both the Chelsea Cb's on his own that's a failure of the defensive system, the first was a floated corner across the 6 yard box a top keeper should be having that for breakfast

We're two points behind our nearest rivals, and eight points ahead of Chelsea. So you're right, it's six points on aggregate...
Correct ! My mistake - it was six points was not between Chelsea and us - but Chelsea and the team below them, So - even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566