Post Match Leicester 2 Chelsea 4 (AET) EFL Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Sorry but we loved big Was last season, for his no nonsense aproach, give the guy a break . Or is this part of the brexit polish bashing? Can't rerember who knocked us out of this micky mouse cup last season or when. We lost the lead with 11 men, give Chelsea some credit for their come back and not scape goat one of our many commited players.

The bloke is 36 and barely featured last season.

He was fantastic in our record breaking Championship winning season and in the great escape the season after but I fear time is catching up with at this point.

Not taking anything away from his time here. I'll always love the guy, but I am starting to think his best days are behind him now.

Other than that: meh.

Billyjof

King really should have taken his chance. Musa unlucky.

Can't believe that Nagasaki fella can't hit the back of the net either.

Motown Fox

Zieler 7 Made some good saves but partially at fault for the 4th goal
Simpson 6 Reserved himself and had his hands full with Pedro and then Hazard. So opportunity to go forward limited
Was 4 Even before his crazy challenge on Costa he wasn't playing that well.
Morgan 6 At fault for that essential 1st goal by Chelsea. Looked good till then but struggled when facing the better attackers.
Chilwell 5 Moses could have parted the Blue Sea nevermind the Red Sea he needs to improve his defending even though he looks comfortable in possession
Schlupp 4 Hardly remember any good he did and the dummy made him look like Lord Charles
Drinkwater 7 Tried his best 100% given but looking tired 2nd half.
King 6 Okazaki's 2nd goal great ball but too anonymous otherwise & too slow
Gray 7 Why he was taken off and not Schlupp no idea. Some good bits however needs to cut out the diving though.
Okazaki 7 Great first half (a 9) but poor second half & ran out of steam.
Musa 6 Good first half but other than the chance to make it 3 poor second half
Vardy 6 Never really got into the game although he tried hard enough.
Ulloa 5 Not get into the game too and pushed out wide never made any impact
Amartey 5 Also not get into the game playing as CB and not look at ease there.

Last edited:

Miles Away

Hmmm.

Shinji sharp as a tack.

Wasil think as pig shit.

King played well until his legs went.

To be fair to Claudio if he had rested Wes and Simpson we would have been on for a hiding.

Drinky shouldn't have been anywhere near that pitch, however.

spionfox

Sorry but we loved big Was last season, for his no nonsense aproach, give the guy a break . Or is this part of the brexit polish bashing? Can't rerember who knocked us out of this micky mouse cup last season or when. We lost the lead with 11 men, give Chelsea some credit for their come back and not scape goat one of our many commited players.

Marcin has been great for us, he isn't now.

Micky Mouse cup? This competition means a lot to Leicester fans. You demean our previous successes by calling it that.

Committed? Probably should have been for thinking he can get away with that.

lazzer

The bloke is 36 and barely featured last season.

He was fantastic in our record breaking Championship winning season and in the great escape the season after but I fear time is catching up with at this point.

Not taking anything away from his time here. I'll always love the guy, but I am starting to think his best days are behind him now.

Other than that: meh.

Nail -head -hit

Brown Nose

I know that I've made this comment in the past, but it was also clearly apparent last night.

Under Shakespeare, our subs/back up players are never fit or sharp enough. It's been the same throughout his time running the training. It's so difficult to objectively judge players when this is the case.

There is no reason why this should be so. We play plenty of U23 matches, there is ample scope to push them harder in training or behind closed doors games. Why is it that when a player isn't a regular in our first team, their fitness/sharpness levels drop alarmingly and then a gap opens up between them and the first team players that just widens as the season progresses?

Several of them looked like it was their pre-season game last night.

camberwell fox

I know that I've made this comment in the past, but it was also clearly apparent last night.

Under Shakespeare, our subs/back up players are never fit or sharp enough. It's been the same throughout his time running the training. It's so difficult to objectively judge players when this is the case.

There is no reason why this should be so. We play plenty of U23 matches, there is ample scope to push them harder in training or behind closed doors games. Why is it that when a player isn't a regular in our first team, their fitness/sharpness levels drop alarmingly and then a gap opens up between them and the first team players that just widens as the season progresses?

Several of them looked like it was their pre-season game last night.

No matter the structure or size of the club - there is no substitute for real first team game time.

All U23, ressie matches and so on are important to maintain fitness but match fitness and sharpness are another thing altogether.

Why do you think it is almost impossible for a team in our division to do the treble?

You struggle to keep 30 odd players happy when half of them don't play most of the time.

City Fan

I don't want to see Wasilewski or Schlupp in a Leicester shirt again, both were woeful and streets behind our current level.

Chilwell was positionally awful. He's a long way to go to be a first team regular.

Hats off to Demarai Gray, fantastic all night and I was surprised he tracked back as much as he did. He dug Chilwell out of a few holes.

The support was shite compared to a league game. On a brighter note, all the wankers leaving at 95 minutes dispersed the traffic somewhat.

Ike O'Noclassed

No matter the structure or size of the club - there is no substitute for real first team game time.

All U23, ressie matches and so on are important to maintain fitness but match fitness and sharpness are another thing altogether.

Why do you think it is almost impossible for a team in our division to do the treble?

You struggle to keep 30 odd players happy when half of them don't play most of the time.

Four simple sentences, all "statin' the bleedin' obvious", to which I'll add a fifth

Very few players appear naturally suited to being the back up choices in a squad rotation system - easy to think of Sjolskaer, but even then it's more of the super-sub thing, totally different - only Ulloa and King come close to looking comfortable in the role for us presently.

FIF

I can mostly see positives from last night.

We played an incredible first half until injury time. We only went behind when we were down to 10 men.

Maybe we shouldn't have played Drinky or Morgan and I wouldn't have brought Vardy on.

It was a game/competition for our back-up players and theirs to win or lose.

I also think Wasyl played well other than the two yellows. Morgan was at fault for the goal and he is not the same player without Huth

Zieler - let in 4 goals but had a great game - 8
Chilwell played well but made a few mistakes through inexperience - 6
Wasyl - had a good game but his style is not accepted in football these days - 6
Morgan - needs Huth - 7
Simpson - forgets he's a RB too often - 7
Gray - looked majestic - 8
Drinky - battled hard but deserved a rest - 7
King - looked better second half than first - 6
Schluup - worst game for a while - 5
Musa - looked a bit lost - 6.5
Okazaki - 2 goals in typical okazaki fashion - 8

Ulloa - not a good game for him - 5
Vardy - shouldn't have been used - 7
Amartey - was in a difficult position - 6

Ranieri - should have changed them all and rested Drinks, Morgan and vardy - 6

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I put this in the match thread but repeat it here.

Almost certainly not his last game. He is no more of a bomb scare than Huth's flying elbows, barges, shoves and shirt pulls.

The disadvantage he has is he does not play regularly with Wes so they do not have the psychic link that Morgan and Huth have.

So who was to blame when we lost 4-1 against Liverpool? Who should have been dropped from that team?

Chelsea put out a really strong team. We didn't. End of. You cannot blame Was for playing the same way as Huth does. Maybe Huth has more match practice, so gets away with it more.

David Gwilliam

Wasil, you are an arse mate. You really should know better.

Hmmm.

Wasil think as pig shit.

.r.

There is no evidence Wasilewski reads this foeum. He must be told. Lako and Miles I believe you have a responsibilty to go to Belvoir Drive, confront the man about his defects.

I was out of my usual seat and high up in a corner near the Kop. This made me a stranger in a strange land. A stranger - It reminded me how much I enjoy the great people I usually sit with; none of whom I know outside football. A strange land - it was a very different view from my usual one near the dugout. I found it difficult to see what happened in the far penalty area - corner or goal kick?, was that a penalty?. .

Obviously I wanted Leicester to win but there is a certain relief in being able to concentrate on just two competitions

H T B

For info, their "reserve striker" Bayushi, or however you spell it, cost £32million.

Perspective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670