Post Match Leicester 2 Chelsea 4 (AET) EFL Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schlupp really is shit, glad everyone else id finally catching up with my insane football knowledge.

Utter wank from a man who should be trying to force his way in

I put this in the match thread but repeat it here.

Almost certainly not his last game. He is no more of a bomb scare than Huth's flying elbows, barges, shoves and shirt pulls.

The disadvantage he has is he does not play regularly with Wes so they do not have the psychic link that Morgan and Huth have.

So who was to blame when we lost 4-1 against Liverpool? Who should have been dropped from that team?

Chelsea put out a really strong team. We didn't. End of. You cannot blame Was for playing the same way as Huth does. Maybe Huth has more match practice, so gets away with it more.

I tend to agree with Mike on most City related things - is that bad? - Wasyl wasn't that bad he just plays a type of game that is refereed differently now - like huth. I think Was had as good a game if not better than Wes.

I tend to agree with Mike on most City related things - is that bad? - Wasyl wasn't that bad he just plays a type of game that is refereed differently now - like huth. I think Was had as good a game if not better than Wes.

I agree about Wasyl being okay last night generally. He just acted idiotically when it really mattered and Huth tends to be better at judging when he can cross the line and when he can't.

The pounding poor Schlupp got was far more out of order though. The kids first full match of any kind since who knows when due to injury and he gets hammered for a perfectly okay performance in the circumstances.

I would just like to point out I was all in favour of selling Schlupp....

Disappointing result in an entertaining game but it was a sterling effort to begin with at least. We all know Wasilewski is a liability but no doubt the team had a good laugh at him afterwards - maybe even got a round of applause for clattering Costa. What this game did show up is that we might have strength in depth, but not in all positions. We have it in abundance in the forward and wide positions but we need to do our homework before January and look to strengthen the central defense and maybe even center mid positions. Not for the first time this season there was some pretty naff defending.

I thought BN made a good point last evening. CR picked a half and half side - designed to limit damage but given Chelsea's strength not likely to be strong enough to win.

I think a lot of the comments about Was are unrealistic bordering on plain daft. The guy is 36 and doesn't get regular competitive football. Not likely he is going to excel at the drop of a hat in this type of fixture against quality.

I'm sure CR is better aware than us that we are very lacking in cover for three defensive positions. The selections and run of the game game just reinforced that.

A painful but not at all fatal lesson.

I think a lot of the comments about Was are unrealistic bordering on plain daft. The guy is 36 and doesn't get regular competitive football. Not likely he is going to excel at the drop of a hat in this type of fixture against quality.

I'm happy to accept that argument in terms of his general performance being poor.

But his pure idiocy cost us dearly last night. He's experienced enough in the game to know better, regular starter or not.

Not likely [Wasilewski] is going to excel at the drop of a hat

There's a lot he could have done between excelling and getting himself sent off. The man is an oaf.

When players reach his point in their careers - especially late in games - this is the sort of thing that occurs. Time for Was to develop a new career.

When players reach his point in their careers - especially late in games - this is the sort of thing that occurs. Time for Was to develop a new career.

He's not senile.

Really.

Was didn't even do much to Costa. Costa is the king of getting players booked. He saw that Was was going to push him so lowered himself so that the contact went near the head and then rolled around holding his head as though he'd been Fellainied.

Really.

Was didn't even do much to Costa. Costa is the king of getting players booked. He saw that Was was going to push him so lowered himself so that the contact went near the head and then rolled around holding his head as though he'd been Fellainied.
Oh come on. Last night Costa did absolutely nothing wrong. From a Chelsea fan perspective he missed a few very decent chances but from a Leicester fans point of view he did nothing wrong.

I agree that Wasilewski is an oaf. And I don't remember us all loving him last season as he barely played. In fact I remember most of us castigating him after the Arsenal game for a similar piece of mindless play.

And this may not have been a relatively important game in the context of our season but I highly doubt that anyone was congratulating him or having a laugh at his sending-off.

Really.

Really.

If that is true (which it isn't), then Costa has a million times as many brain cells than our oaf possesses.

Really.

Is Was not aware of how his opponents operate then? Even more inexcusable.

The attendance was given as 29 899 (RL had said 27k, during match commentary). This season our home matches have been around 32k, Why was it declared sold out? A few tickets were available in the Family Stand but being on my own I didn't qualify. Were there 2000 empty seats in the Family Stand?

The attendance was given as 29 899 (RL had said 27k, during match commentary). This season our home matches have been around 32k, Why was it declared sold out? A few tickets were available in the Family Stand but being on my own I didn't qualify. Were there 2000 empty seats in the Family Stand?
There was once again a whole section almost empty in the west stand and L block was only half full

Oh come on. Last night Costa did absolutely nothing wrong. From a Chelsea fan perspective he missed a few very decent chances but from a Leicester fans point of view he did nothing wrong.

I agree that Wasilewski is an oaf. And I don't remember us all loving him last season as he barely played. In fact I remember most of us castigating him after the Arsenal game for a similar piece of mindless play.

And this may not have been a relatively important game in the context of our season but I highly doubt that anyone was congratulating him or having a laugh at his sending-off.

Maybe you or most were. That doesn't make you correct, probably just a knee-jerk reactionary.

Maybe you or most were. That doesn't make you correct, probably just a knee-jerk reactionary.

I thought the whole point of being reactionary was that your knee doesn't jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669