Post Match Leicester 2 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You too Micky!

I know it gets said every week, but I still can't believe my eyes when I see Cambiasso wearing our shirt. I've fallen hopelessly in love with the man and whether he leaves us this summer or next year, it's going to be a heartbreaking farewell. His shy smile as he won a corner having bamboozled two defenders today was lovely.

The back three were solid and Huth in particular did a great job. I'm not a fan of our players losing it giving away silly fouls but I stood and cheered Wasyl dashing that little turd Mane to floor in the second half.

More goals, another clean sheet and an afternoon in the company of Esteban. Happy days.

Spot on.

The way Cambiasso organizes the team, constantly waving his arms and calmly winning what seems like every 50/50 ball makes he happy - gives so much confidence to the team.

I thought the whole team played with control and stuck to their task. Special mention to Mahrez, Albrighton, Vardy, Schlupp all excellent today and Kasper has come back better than ever. I was concerned to see Drinkwater coming on after James went off, but he did a job. An observation and very minor note, Drinkwater looks troubled by his thinning hairline, often fixing and fiddling with it and anxious he'll be spotted. Someone tell him there's worse that comes with age.

An observation and very minor note, Drinkwater looks troubled by his thinning hairline, often fixing and fiddling with it and anxious he'll be spotted. Someone tell him there's worse that comes with age.

Indeed. Apparently when you get very old you stop wearing long trousers.

In recent weeks the efforts from the front line defensively has been just as important as attacking. It's been a relatively short run but the effort and character has been amazing.

By the end of the season the run will have been over 25% of the season.

Bit of a weird old game. At times it was like a friendly, and the 2 early goals was enough to kill them off.

Huth was absolutely superb, and we must do all we can to retain his services next season. Ulloa was fantastic again, held the ball well and his closing down was excellent.

We did what we needed to do, and I'm sure that we'll be entertaining the Premiership again next season :038:

And to make it even better, Palace lost as well. There's still hope for 12th place!

By the end of the season the run will have been over 25% of the season.

That's a great spot.

If we stay up, this run will forever be held up as an example for the bottom team to not give up.

But the difference will be that there was always something about us (and that's what commentators were saying, not just some of us) that Nigel has thankfully been able to unlock, but most bottom teams would usually have no chance of such a sustained run of wins.

Huth, Mahrez, Vardy, Ulloa, Cambo. Simply wonderful.

And Wes Morgan - yes I feckin' said Wes Morgan. He was superb today

I love watching this team at the moment. Everything is an absolute joy. I told you weeks ago that this would be the run in of legend. It already is, and there's still two games to go.

In in my humble opinion, we are already safe

#StayingUpWithHomer
#IStayedUpWithHomer
#IWantToSleepWithHomer

Take a bow Nigel Pearson, for what you have achieved over the past seven games is a truly wondeful moment in the history of LCFC

Unlucky, Sean Dyche, the greatest English manager in the game. Such a shame your team was complete and utter shite, despite the media darlings ritually fellating you all season long
#iwontgettosleepwithhomerbecausethequeuestoolongsoiwillhavetoknockoneoffwhilewatchingeveryoneelse

I can't quite believe this run and more importantly the timing of it..

Nigel Pearson has all the characteristics that Koeman lacks. He is one day going to be the best football manager this country has produced. Seeing him after the whistle brought floods of tears to my eyes, the man, the pride and fighting spirit and the humanity and belief.
Koeman is a coward and stubborn and arrogant persisting with the same pathetic selections when we have young guns ready and willing to give their last drop for the team. One or two bad games and it's right he keeps faith in a player, but 5, 10 even 15 useless contributions and still picked is sheer insanity.
The longer Koeman persists with Pelle, Elia and Diuretic, the greater the apathy and quality of the rest of the team will deteriorate. Gallagher, Seagar and others deserve a chance. The squad realise if Pelle can match after match do nothing why bother.

We aren't interested in Europa League, no matter the public utterances. That is not what what angers me, it's the way we've gone about it. The players who've been playing are those that Koeman sees as that of next season.

I salute Toby for his contribution towards scoring when others just did a full circle and passed the ball sideways or backwards. Gazza took time, which cost us 2 goals, to come to grips with his first first team game all season, but it was poor defending that was to blame . We just aren't at any game during the start to a game.

Leicester deserve their Premier League place, their fans were the best I've seen all season. Happy clappers!!! Nigel Pearson, the big one we had, and let get away. He has everything that Koeman still lacks in football management. He drove his players by example and being there encouraging them on the touchline. Koeman just sits laid back, along with his brother like a tailors dummy. At very least he could show some enthusiasm like he did when he first arrived.

A bitter end to a dream season that went horribly sour.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...icester-City-2-0-SAINTS&p=2183457#post2183457

:icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670