Post Match Leicester 2 Southampton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughters still possess a 100% record while watching Leicester matches. They loved the atmosphere yesterday. People can say what they like about the clapper things, they encourage people to join in and therefore everybody feels part of it.

Huth was immense. As I've said before, I think his experience is something we were missing earlier in the season. Yesterday, he was fantastic.

The little cameo near the end, by Cambiasso, which resulted in a corner, was brilliant. It showed everything he does in one little snapshot. Fantastic player, huge intelligence and a tremendous leader. How fortunate we are to be able to have a player like him. He was constantly talking to players like Schlupp, to tell them when to slow things down and use their heads - they will surely all become better players from having worked with him.

Didn't you want Pea Son sacked? He was then we've gone on this run.

I still think that the smart move in early December would have been to replace NP with Pulis. In all likelihood, we'd be where WBA are now (or maybe better). I've always believed that we had a squad perfectly capable of survival in a generally poor league. We've just found it ridiculously difficult to adapt and learn.

I've no idea what has happened over the last few weeks and I doubt NP does either. He certainly claims not to know when he's asked. If we pull this off, it will be the single most extraordinary survival turnaround in Premier League history. No team has done anything quite like this before. And NP deserves full credit for it.

3-4-3 is the right formation and I think I'm right in saying that I was arguing for it months ago on here. It suits our players much better and we have eventually found a way of playing it that enables us to defend well and attack well. It hides our defensive vulnerabilities, especially Morgan and our lack of pace. It also enables us to play two strikers and we never looked right with one. The true playing heroes have been Huth defensively, Cambiasso in midfield and Vardy up front. The first two are proven quality players but the turnaround from Vardy is incredible.

One final point is on the wing backs. I've been a fan of Schlupp throughout and backed him when lots on here ridiculed him. He is key to our system and now consistently excellent. On the other side, Albighton is outstanding. Why he's taken seven months to get a regular place is a mystery.

PS - in response to homer's constant sniping at me, let's not forget his extraordinarily inaccurate assessment of Albrighton. Just one of countless utterly wrong calls from Coalville's nostradamus!

Anyone found a link to Cambiasso's bit of magic by the corner flag near the end of the game? They did not think it worthy to include in the MOTD highlights.

I still think that the smart move in early December would have been to replace NP with Pulis. In all likelihood, we'd be where WBA are now (or maybe better). I've always believed that we had a squad perfectly capable of survival in a generally poor league. We've just found it ridiculously difficult to adapt and learn.

I've no idea what has happened over the last few weeks and I doubt NP does either. He certainly claims not to know when he's asked. If we pull this off, it will be the single most extraordinary survival turnaround in Premier League history. No team has done anything quite like this before. And NP deserves full credit for it.

3-4-3 is the right formation and I think I'm right in saying that I was arguing for it months ago on here. It suits our players much better and we have eventually found a way of playing it that enables us to defend well and attack well. It hides our defensive vulnerabilities, especially Morgan and our lack of pace. It also enables us to play two strikers and we never looked right with one. The true playing heroes have been Huth defensively, Cambiasso in midfield and Vardy up front. The first two are proven quality players but the turnaround from Vardy is incredible.

One final point is on the wing backs. I've been a fan of Schlupp throughout and backed him when lots on here ridiculed him. He is key to our system and now consistently excellent. On the other side, Albighton is outstanding. Why he's taken seven months to get a regular place is a mystery.

PS - in response to homer's constant sniping at me, let's not forget his extraordinarily inaccurate assessment of Albrighton. Just one of countless utterly wrong calls from Coalville's nostradamus!

When Pulis took over at WBA they were 4 points in front of us, that gap has stayed the same who's done the better job?

I'll back you up there Brown Nose. Homer did call that one wrong. I hope he comes out and makes a grovelling, public apology. ;)

Pearson has proved to be a more complex manager than many of us anticipated. He is also a paradox . He can come across as very stubborn but just as in the Championship he has the capacity to change things rightround. It took an age for him to find the right formation and personnel which played to our strengths and protected our weaknesses. But he did it and has shocked the PL with the devastating impact. All this aided -as you say - by Huth shoring up the defence and the pure class and know how of Cambiasso and Vardy suddenly emerging as a match winner. But in truth everyone has played an important part.

We've never seen a turn round like this before and it's transformed the whole image of LCFC. Incredible. Just once in a while football exceeds all reasonable expectations.

I watched the goals again and Southampton were terrified of Vardy. On the second goal, when Ulloa flicked the ball on to Vardy not only did Clyne try to catch him but both centre backs got dragged across to try to close him down which left that big hole in the middle for Mahrez to run into. Sunderlands defence will be having kittens about next week.

Last edited:
Whilst most of his interviews have been bland from Pearson, 'we were always in the game, but error/ref/deflection etc meant we just lost', yesterday he said the results were now coming because the players have had 9 months PL experience, and have become better players, better adapted to PL teams play.

IMHO I think the new players have had a bigger influence than just their own play.

Just by Krameric being on the bench, Vardy, Ulloa and Nugent have upped their game to try and keep their places ahead of him.

Huth has steadied that back line and taken the pressure off Morgan, who now plays better with Huth steering the defence. Please buy him Nigel.

... and of course the magic of Cambiasso, who just orchestrates every player, a quiet word of encouragement here and there, guidance on who and when to track, and that is before he just takes the ball off opposing players toes and guides it with precision to our own wingers and strikers.

My plea to Nigel is when the Owners tell him what his budget is for next season, he blows as much as is necessary to keep Cambiasso as a player or player/coach and Captain, even if he cannot get any other player in as a result.

If there is any cash left over, replace Konchesky who now appears to be the only weak link in the team.

If we stay up I think that we will get over 60 million as part of the TV rights, and next year probably over 100 million for just being there. Plus the 180 the owners were going to throw in, means quite a sizable income.

In the post match interview with Gary Lineker I thought that was the most relaxed I'd ever seen Pearson in that situation.

I read somewhere and I wish I could remember where that this is the third ACL injury that James has had. To come back from two is really commendable but three could be pushing it a bit to far. Potentially it could be a career threatening injury. I truly hope it is not so bad this for his and the club sake.

I read somewhere and I wish I could remember where that this is the third ACL injury that James has had. To come back from two is really commendable but three could be pushing it a bit to far. Potentially it could be a career threatening injury. I truly hope it is not so bad this for his and the club sake.

He's never done his ACL before. It's not confirmed that he's done it this time either although it is suspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566