Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

I don’t think winning necessarily means it’s good to watch. Plenty of people sneered at Tony Pulis’ Stoke team when they were doing well, as they didn’t like that style of football. . I can see how some people could find our play boring, if they’re not fans of the speed of it, for example. Either way, it doesn’t mean someone is right or wrong for feeling a particular way about it, as ultimately we all see things differently.

> EM can play his tactical wank for the first half and we don't need to endure it.

Wow. OK.

You remember when we were shit right? I mean, really shit. Not just last season. Like the 2008 season we got relegated to League 1?

That was a time for moaning.

Now is amazing. We're living through an amazing time to be a LCFC fan ( even relegation last season isn't going to take that away from me ).

Yet you just moan because its not exciting enough for you.

Honestly think you just need something to moan about.

I'm not articulating myself very well. Entirely my fault.

It's not that it's not exciting to watch. I've been watching us for 40 years and if excitement was everything to me I'd have combusted long ago.

I also appreciate that we're winning and EM has done a very good job. He inherited a total mess and has made something work very effectively.

The issue I have is that he is deliberately and consciously and very cleverly treating matches as something other than what I think football is. He's smothering the chaos of football and replacing it with moving pawns around until the opponent makes a mistake (or gets tired).

Does this make more sense? I know what I mean but explaining it is tricky. When I'm at the KP it feels like I'm intruding on a private brain exercise between EM and the opposing manager. The first half on Saturday was like putting a game on TV and pausing the match at kickoff and just watching nothing happen.

I dunno. You'll all be delighted to hear that I will give up on this now. I'm boring myself.

The boring bit bugs me, especially when we created about 10 good chances / situations on Saturday, four of which came in the first half.
  • Iheanacho would have been one on one with their keeper with a better touch.
  • Ndidi / McAteer move should have put McAteer in one on one with their keeper.
  • KDH free kick miss (their keeper didn’t move).
  • McAteer header.
  • Mavididi / Iheanacho move (I thought Mavididi had scored)
  • KDH hit the post
  • Vesty header just over
  • Vardy miss (only he knows how).
  • First Vardy goal.
  • Penalty.
With a little more luck and greater efficiency we would have won by a far greater margin.

One day, we will thrash some one. One day, the chances will all go in. One day.
We will put seven past someone. We will have a game we will all remember.
One day.

I'm not articulating myself very well. Entirely my fault.

It's not that it's not exciting to watch. I've been watching us for 40 years and if excitement was everything to me I'd have combusted long ago.

I also appreciate that we're winning and EM has done a very good job. He inherited a total mess and has made something work very effectively.

The issue I have is that he is deliberately and consciously and very cleverly treating matches as something other than what I think football is. He's smothering the chaos of football and replacing it with moving pawns around until the opponent makes a mistake (or gets tired).

Does this make more sense? I know what I mean but explaining it is tricky. When I'm at the KP it feels like I'm intruding on a private brain exercise between EM and the opposing manager. The first half on Saturday was like putting a game on TV and pausing the match at kickoff and just watching nothing happen.

I dunno. You'll all be delighted to hear that I will give up on this now. I'm boring myself.

Yes I do get what you're saying there.

However, Id say it's a welcome change from having managers with little technical thought to having one in which it is his main focus. Also one in which subs mostly make sense, there is a real game plan and tactics. There is a different pleasure to be had other than chaos.

Maybe as Enzo is early in his management career he'll find that he needs a balance between chaos and tactics. Entertainment Vs winning. Maybe he's found THE tactics that gets us promoted then take us to new heights. Who knows. Maybe we're just one game away from being found out.

I don't know, but if you expect football to the same or always fit with your expectations then I think you'll be disappointed whether we're winning or losing.

This actually supports something I said on Saturday, namely that we all might as well turn up at 4pm instead of 3pm so EM can play his tactical wank for the first half and we don't need to endure it.
The only person forcing you to endure it, is you.

This actually supports something I said on Saturday, namely that we all might as well turn up at 4pm instead of 3pm so EM can play his tactical wank for the first half and we don't need to endure it.
Tactical wank that usually is the base for a victory.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463