Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Nah didn’t happen. Everyone was loving the match. Pop said so.
Except he didn't. In fact, he was making the point that people who use the term 'thousands' to speak for others are, in fact, bellends. Literally the opposite of what you've written.

I mean, you love making yourself look a complete **** don't you. :043:

Lots of good points here and I do accept that I'm focusing on the negatives when it is much easier to ignore them and go along for the ride. Would I rather be bored with us top of the league vs. us playing entertaining football and being 12th? Of course I'll take the boredom and the points thanks very much.

The thing is, we should all be finding this great. But it's nonsense to pretend that is the general experience of match going fans. A substantial number of us are not enjoying it. I don't buy that it's a hangover from last year. It's the games themselves. Loads of fans are finding them literally hard to endure.

And now we're being told that we don't understand that this is actually really impressive football and we're lucky to see it and we're ****s if we don't appreciate it. And if we don't like it we shouldn't go (ignoring the fact that you have to pay for the season ticket in advance and that supporting a team isn't that simple).

Well **** everyone that says such drivel. I've seen enough types of football under loads of different managers and I know when I'm being bullshitted. I know good football and I know bad football. This is winning football that is arduous to watch. I also don't think it will translate to winning PL football either. See Burnley for details.
So stop ****ing going. It's so easy. If the fire hurts when you touch it, stop touching it you dopey bastard.

Great performance, a good result, and crucially another victory ticked off. 14 down, 16 to go. My take on the season so far as follows.........

Plan A is possession-based football. Plan B is do Plan A better - yesterday, we moved the ball quicker in the 2nd half, started breaking the lines. Most teams are parking the bus in hope of nicking a point/counter-attack goal - patience is the key. We are creating so many chances, many in the last 30 mins, eventually we'll pummel a side by 5 or 6. Those 5 or 6 goals are more likely to come in the last 20 mins of games. We are developing and you can see the work done on the training ground - more diagonal passes hit towards JJ yesterday, Hermansen looking longer and for space in behind. 3rd man runs from the midfield 3/wingers are happening, we just don't always see it/want to play that ball for fear of it skipping through to the keeper.

All this is geared for playing at a higher level. Possession will be less in the PL, and we'll need to be more clinical but we will look to dominate teams in the bottom half at home. You can also see a much more intense pressing game - the front 4/5 all chase the ball down. All the top teams play like this and if we are to get back into the top 10 of the PL, we need to stick with this system, evolve it, get better at it and sign better players who are used to it.

As for the perceived lack of entertainment, I see it like this - Man City have to endure matches like this, particularly at home against the bottom 14 PL sides, with opponents lacking ambition. Only the top 6 really take it to them at the Etihad, which makes for a fast, cut & thrust type of game. I think there are only 3-4 sides who will have a go at the KP, and we've seen 2 of them (Sunderland, Leeds) do it, but there won't be many. Games away from home more likely to be entertaining as the home team have to come out and play with ambition.

So stop ****ing going. It's so easy. If the fire hurts when you touch it, stop touching it you dopey bastard.
Years ago I visited to doctor about a pain in my leg. "It hurts when I touch it, here, behind my knee", I told him.
His advice? "Well don't touch it there then". I obeyed him faithfully - his wish was my command.
Ten years of constant pain from ankle to hip later, a locum finally referred me to National Orthopaedic Hospital for an opinion. I had a tumour affecting the nerve sheath behind my knee. "Don't touch it", had not been good advice and I had been a dopey bastard to follow it.
(Coincidentally the consultant was Spanish; an Atletico fan who had attended both legs of our European tie in 1997.)
I do though think that BN should shut the **** up and enjoy the ride. It's a competition, not an entertainment.

Last edited:
Our fans are properly shit though aren't they.

Proper wank experience down there these days.

Our fans are properly shit though aren't they.

Proper wank experience down there these days.

Has been like this for a few years - sadly now actually made worse by the “lump it up, and entertain me“ ****s

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I thought the referee has a brilliant game and it was refreshing to see, especially when the Watford player went down as though a sniper had hit him when Vardy tackled.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I thought the referee has a brilliant game and it was refreshing to see, especially when the Watford player went down as though a sniper had hit him when Vardy tackled.
He was exceptional.

Even showed a time wasting player his watch

I think a simple answer, in my opinion at least is that the first half WAS boring - indisputably so - BUT the second half was good...very good!! To some degree Watford were part to blame for that first half.
Other things to point out: Hamza was great with some neat, quick passing as well as tackling; Wilf good too meanwhile, alas, Casadei yet again was very poor, that header not withstanding.
That poor first half was much aided by JJ I'm sorry to say seeming to only be capable of passing backwards or sideways. The mark of the beast seems to be upon him... i.e. Rodgers' influence. (Tbf, he did contribute a bit more in the 2nd half & was defensively solid throughout).
KDH had his best game in a long, long while. Centre backs were impressive, especially Westergaard. Ricardo almost faultless as usual. He is SUCH a good footballer.

See I think Casadei has been a bit shit, but I’m sure there’s a player in there and he seems to have instincts in the final third and can be very physical.

Not sure we will ever see the best of him but I can see why he’s highly rated.

Winning the PL and the FA Cup really has ruined our fan base.

Whinging because you’re not entertained enough when winning… get a grip.

All that matters is getting promoted, however we do it, because if we don’t we are well and truly ****ed.

See I think Casadei has been a bit shit, but I’m sure there’s a player in there and he seems to have instincts in the final third and can be very physical.

Not sure we will ever see the best of him but I can see why he’s highly rated.
I thought he was much improved against Watford.

Lots of good points here and I do accept that I'm focusing on the negatives when it is much easier to ignore them and go along for the ride. Would I rather be bored with us top of the league vs. us playing entertaining football and being 12th? Of course I'll take the boredom and the points thanks very much.

The thing is, we should all be finding this great. But it's nonsense to pretend that is the general experience of match going fans. A substantial number of us are not enjoying it. I don't buy that it's a hangover from last year. It's the games themselves. Loads of fans are finding them literally hard to endure.

And now we're being told that we don't understand that this is actually really impressive football and we're lucky to see it and we're ****s if we don't appreciate it. And if we don't like it we shouldn't go (ignoring the fact that you have to pay for the season ticket in advance and that supporting a team isn't that simple).

Well **** everyone that says such drivel. I've seen enough types of football under loads of different managers and I know when I'm being bullshitted. I know good football and I know bad football. This is winning football that is arduous to watch. I also don't think it will translate to winning PL football either. See Burnley for details.
I know exactly where you’re coming from and for what it’s worth you’re obviously not a ****.

Personally I’m not crazy about hyper possession football but we’re winning games and I’m prepared to wait and see where it takes us and going straight back up will obviously give us access to better players.

I struggle with the idea that we are boring, we are top of the table and 2nd top scorers.

Whilst Saturday’s game, like all our games, was slower, more structured, less chaotic than we have been used to historically it was not boring in my opinion. I thought we dominated the game, should have won by more and the result flattered Watford in the end.

Whilst the first half of most of our games, especially at home, are less chaotic than most football games and more boring to some I see it as part of the overall game plan. The longer games go on the stronger we are, finding the weak links in our opponents and tiring them out.

One thing that doesn’t seem to have been highlighted is the level of risk taking we adopt. In the first half we typically adopt a relatively low risk approach, giving players less scope to vacate their positions, attempting to create chances without committing too many players into advanced positions. In the second half if we are still level we adopt a higher risk approach by pushing more players forward and potentially leaving more gaps in midfield / defence.

At home our half time our record is W2, D6, L1 with 3 goals scored, in the second half our record is W6, D2, L1 with 10 goals scored.

Some have commented that our away days are more enjoyable, proven by the number of goals we score away from home. This supports our overall approach in my opinion highlighting that when our opponents are more ambitious and push more players forward, as they should do at home, we are far more dangerous.

Away from home we have scored 18 goals in 8 games, over 2 goals per game. At home we have scored 13 goals in 9 games, slightly less than 1.5 goals per game.

This is what gives me confidence that if we do return to the premier league, with some astute signings, we will do ok; as almost all the other teams will be more ambitious and push more players forward and give us more space to exploit.

At home our half time our record is W2, D6, L1 with 3 goals scored, in the second half our record is W6, D2, L1 with 10 goals scored.

This actually supports something I said on Saturday, namely that we all might as well turn up at 4pm instead of 3pm so EM can play his tactical wank for the first half and we don't need to endure it.

> EM can play his tactical wank for the first half and we don't need to endure it.

Wow. OK.

You remember when we were shit right? I mean, really shit. Not just last season. Like the 2008 season we got relegated to League 1?

That was a time for moaning.

Now is amazing. We're living through an amazing time to be a LCFC fan ( even relegation last season isn't going to take that away from me ).

Yet you just moan because its not exciting enough for you.

Honestly think you just need something to moan about.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463