Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

He weren’t bad
Certainly one of the better ones

Reminds me of the Uriah Rennie days

(Although i thought the yellow for hamza was a tadge harsh)

I didn't see it. Was there genuinely a decent ref?

Best we’ve had all season, and better than most of the utter shitcunts we had last year in the ‘best league in the world’

Best we’ve had all season, and better than most of the utter shitcunts we had last year in the ‘best league in the world’

**** sake. Almost a once in a lifetime event and I went to the tip.

Another absolute borefest of a game.

So many attendees were on their phones, chatting mindlessly, heading for the concourses early/staying late and leaving well before the end. The atmosphere was dire.

I noticed EM throwing his hands around trying to get the crowd to get behind his team at various points in the second half. This is where I have to draw the line. Yes, he has us top of the league and winning regularly and I am not criticising our results/position. However, you don't get crowds of 30k at chess matches for a reason. EM thinks football is like chess and his approach is designed to turn the game into something that can be entirely controlled by the coach. It's an ego trip.

I happen to think that this is totally anti-football. I saw Proper Pep doing the same earlier today, waving at his supporters to get behind his team. They were sat on their hands with glazed expressions too.

Ze system is all zat matters.
I kind of see your point. It's not chess though is it. It's nothing at all like chess. I think EM refers to chess because it's more tactical, a more cerebral version of football. We all like our instant gratification but it's why some people prefer 20/20 over a Test Match, or a comic over a novel. I don't mean to sound snobbish, that one version is more of a thinking man's game, I agree, we should have a plan B, and mix up the Plan A with B, open up and look for those opportunities. In the meantime, you have to try and appreciate it for what it is, to enjoy it more. No one's allowed to criticise EM atm. I don't think Puel got that long before everyone ****ing hated him, but we weren't winning and top of the league then.

They all look the same, obviously
He probably went home and watched that there Shawshank Redemption, you know the one with Samuel L Jackson.

I kind of see your point. It's not chess though is it. It's nothing at all like chess. I think EM refers to chess because it's more tactical, a more cerebral version of football. We all like our instant gratification but it's why some people prefer 20/20 over a Test Match, or a comic over a novel. I don't mean to sound snobbish, that one version is more of a thinking man's game, I agree, we should have a plan B, and mix up the Plan A with B, open up and look for those opportunities. In the meantime, you have to try and appreciate it for what it is, to enjoy it more. No one's allowed to criticise EM atm. I don't think Puel got that long before everyone ****ing hated him, but we weren't winning and top of the league then.

Thanks for engaging intelligently.

My response is that I do prefer a Test Match or a novel. I do appreciate complexity. I'm not asking for us to lump it.

I'm asking for some interesting and/or entertaining football. We do almost exactly the same thing every game. We do it in exactly the same way. And at the same slow pace. With the same formation.

There were very slight variations in this one, such as Justin pushing on a bit and Mavididi doing outside to inside runs to create space. But that's not what I go to a game to see.

I know that I'm far from alone. People all around the ground find it really difficult to enjoy. They make it very obvious. Many thousands headed for the respite concourses well before halftime to escape and at least 10k left before the penalty. Some may disregard or dismiss large proportions of our crowd but I get why they're doing it. They're bored.

You prefer a 5 day test match, yet get bored in 45 minutes
You compare our football to chess , yet like a 5 day bore fest of test match cricket .

It’s in only recent years that tests have got Interesting after the advent of 20 over cricket .

There’s no Brian Close or Geoffrey Boycott’s out there.

Cricket has become like the rest of sport. Money infested .

Don’t be a ****.

I can’t remember Uriah taking any shit , and seemed in control

That’s all

You arse

Uriah Rennie was ****ing awful.

So yeah…sure…

Personally think we are in serious danger of crawling too far up our own arse.

Thanks for engaging intelligently.

My response is that I do prefer a Test Match or a novel. I do appreciate complexity. I'm not asking for us to lump it.

I'm asking for some interesting and/or entertaining football. We do almost exactly the same thing every game. We do it in exactly the same way. And at the same slow pace. With the same formation.

There were very slight variations in this one, such as Justin pushing on a bit and Mavididi doing outside to inside runs to create space. But that's not what I go to a game to see.

I know that I'm far from alone. People all around the ground find it really difficult to enjoy. They make it very obvious. Many thousands headed for the respite concourses well before halftime to escape and at least 10k left before the penalty. Some may disregard or dismiss large proportions of our crowd but I get why they're doing it. They're bored.
You must know that this is complete drivel. I mean, you must see all of the inconsistencies in it, surely?

It's the age old problem with you. You treat the world around you like a cloze exercise. You watch some of what is happening, see some gaps and make up your own version of what happened to fill them. You are trying to speak for 'thousands' of people which in itself is arrogant insanity and then you're insisting that those 'thousands' of people are all correct because they align with you. It's utter, utter madness.

I have no idea what people are thinking but I would be willing to wager that, for the most part, people are enjoying being there, watching us play a new style of football, watching some lovely passages of play, some technically great football, some fabulous goals and a lot of wins. Some probably aren't enjoying it as much but that's life I guess. Most of those however aren't as vociferous in their ****ing moaning and their constant need to feel validated in their opinion as you seem to be by claiming that 'thousands' are in total agreement with them.

We've never seen eye to eye on much but at least I could sense the logic in most of your posts. Now, it's like you want to bang the same drum because you're missing having something to be cross about. You've become as stale and as predictable as a McDonalds' chicken nugget.

Thankfully, 'thousands' of people aren't thinking the same as you.

Uriah Rennie was ****ing awful.
My favourite memory of a Uriah Rennie game was the spectacle of both home and away fans singing, "you're not fit to referee" at the same time.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663