Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Many thousands headed for the respite concourses well before halftime to escape and at least 10k left before the penalty. Some may disregard or dismiss large proportions of our crowd but I get why they're doing it. They're bored.
I suspect you’re overthinking things. They are doing it because as a nation we have a fear of queuing - they think they’ll get a ‘head start’ if they get out a bit early and that comes above anything!

Thanks for engaging intelligently.

My response is that I do prefer a Test Match or a novel. I do appreciate complexity. I'm not asking for us to lump it.

I'm asking for some interesting and/or entertaining football. We do almost exactly the same thing every game. We do it in exactly the same way. And at the same slow pace. With the same formation.

There were very slight variations in this one, such as Justin pushing on a bit and Mavididi doing outside to inside runs to create space. But that's not what I go to a game to see.

I know that I'm far from alone. People all around the ground find it really difficult to enjoy. They make it very obvious. Many thousands headed for the respite concourses well before halftime to escape and at least 10k left before the penalty. Some may disregard or dismiss large proportions of our crowd but I get why they're doing it. They're bored.
I don't know why so many people are angry with this? Maybe it's the comment on the thousands heading for the door. The rest makes sense to me. I like 20/20 and Test Match. I like patient build ups in football, especially when it finishes with a goal. I hate no clue, lump it up football, but loved that Vardy goal from Kasper's assist. I have to confess, in Oz I can't watch all the games live anymore and often only get to see the highlights. The highlights are great, haha! The live games I have watched, I must confess, I see where BN is coming from. I also worry that with our squad it just wouldn't work in the PL. Surely, surely a manager with more than one hand to play would be seen as a good option?

If they system and style is shit then it should not work in the Championship. It is and does, we were not outclassed by Liverpool in the cup either. They were weaker but still should have played us off the park and didn't. Will it work in the Prem I think it would as possession is the key stat.

The first half the movement of the ball was slow when they moved it quickly then they started to find gaps. The first and second half were different in that.

I prefer winning with good football, I enjoyed winning the league but we didn't play possession football then either. Would that work today I don't think it would.

Thanks for engaging intelligently.

My response is that I do prefer a Test Match or a novel. I do appreciate complexity. I'm not asking for us to lump it.

I'm asking for some interesting and/or entertaining football. We do almost exactly the same thing every game. We do it in exactly the same way. And at the same slow pace. With the same formation.

There were very slight variations in this one, such as Justin pushing on a bit and Mavididi doing outside to inside runs to create space. But that's not what I go to a game to see.

I know that I'm far from alone. People all around the ground find it really difficult to enjoy. They make it very obvious. Many thousands headed for the respite concourses well before halftime to escape and at least 10k left before the penalty. Some may disregard or dismiss large proportions of our crowd but I get why they're doing it. They're bored.
The world isn’t binary, it’s also possible for more than one thing to be true. I can see where you’re coming from with some of this, but there are also patches where what we do is exciting and entertaining. Both of these things can happen in the same game.

I made the point yesterday at half time that we were too slow when we got near their box. It therefore clearly frustrates a fair few people when we work it backwards again. Having said that, as I said yesterday after the match, we did move the ball quicker in the second half and, I felt, we looked much better. Enzo also said this after the game, that we had a better tempo in the second half and I’d agree with him.

The problem, again, is simplifying things into either this camp or that camp - “You’re either with us or against us”, you could say. I don’t dispute that some of our play is slow and “boring”, but equally some of our play isn’t. I guess peoples’ overall views of the game are dependent on which camp they’re focusing on, but, as ever, I probably sit in the middle.

My favourite memory of a Uriah Rennie game was the spectacle of both home and away fans singing, "you're not fit to referee" at the same time.
Gerry Taggert tells a good Uriah Rennie tale, from when Gerry had his hands around Dennis Wise‘s throat

I can see what BN is saying but in reality we are still work in progress. It is the exact opposite style of play to 2015/16 but it is no less effective.

Many, just maybe this system won’t come into its own entirely until we have a smattering of better players and (hopefully) are in the PL?

It is also fair to say that most teams don’t give it a go and park the bus as yesterday. It is difficult to entertain when one team simply don’t engage and play not to concede. Most teams seem beaten before a ball is kicked and play to damage limitation.

It is also fair to say that we will score most of our goals late on if teams set up as per yesterday - when they are tired and lose a bit of concentration perhaps?

We need to be able to appreciate what we are witnessing as it doesn’t happen very often. The system is working so why change it? We don’t need plan B as plan A is 75% effective. Who in their right mind changes something that works 75% of the time?

Plus (to be fair) of the games we have lost we should have won or drawn at least two of those as we missed a bucket full of chances.

We are smashing the league so I can’t really see too much to get upset about.

There are so few opportunities during our games to carve teams open, especially in the first half and at home.

When we do score early it generally makes for a more entertaining game, like Sunderland and Blackburn. I’m not sure what we’re supposed to do if teams just crowd their own half. It’s cautious but then the top of the league looks strong this year and getting back to the Prem is all the matters from the club’s perspective. It may be a complete shitshow that you couldn’t pay me to watch as a neutral but that’s not relevant.

I heard people moaning yesterday. ‘I’m leaving after 60 minutes if this doesn’t get better’ and the lad in front of me who came up 10 minutes late, ****ed off before half time and didn’t return to the stand for the rest of the game.

At this point I just wonder ‘why bother?’ I get what BN is saying, he puts it well and I don’t disagree that many people find it dull. I don’t think BN or other posters on here of guilty of this but at half time queuing for a piss literally everyone you see has a face like a smacked arse. Like we’re getting pumped 4-0 by Liverpool at half time.

We’re recovering from relegation, just over a third of the way through the season. The club is rehabilitating and looking forward, trying to take an approach that makes something of our infrastructure. I would be bored if we were playing this way with the cheat codes on like Man City do. But we’re not, players like Ndidi and Vestergaard who many regarded as jokes are being used in a very effective way, I struggle to see how we could redevelop our image, smash the league, not replace every single player AND play amazing blood and thunder football.

I don’t buy for a second that anyone would be loving it if every game was 5-4 but we only had 25 points on the board. If you have enough blind faith to keep spending time and money on going to games despite thinking it’s shit to watch, then you should able to express a little bit of patience and vocal support in my opinion. Quite why there seems to be so many fans that have supported us for 40 years and only now decided that their support is contingent on being entertained is beyond me. The football going experience has fundamentally changed but ultimately there’s still 11 men in blue you’d rather see win than lose.

I do find it bizarre, ted

23 shots, 8 of which were on target, and the highest XG of any other team in this League and most of those in other Leagues (if you believe that sort of nonsense)

But people are moaning about it because those 23 chances aren’t being created quickly enough? We could (should) have had five or six yesterday, but that is boring because we create those chances in a measured possession based approach which very often sees us go backwards to go forwards. It’s ****ing mental

Our fans have turned into a bunch of awful, miserable entitled wankers, who have forgotten what it’s like to be a football supporter. Wish they’d all just **** off.

There are so few opportunities during our games to carve teams open, especially in the first half and at home.

When we do score early it generally makes for a more entertaining game, like Sunderland and Blackburn. I’m not sure what we’re supposed to do if teams just crowd their own half. It’s cautious but then the top of the league looks strong this year and getting back to the Prem is all the matters from the club’s perspective. It may be a complete shitshow that you couldn’t pay me to watch as a neutral but that’s not relevant.

I heard people moaning yesterday. ‘I’m leaving after 60 minutes if this doesn’t get better’ and the lad in front of me who came up 10 minutes late, ****ed off before half time and didn’t return to the stand for the rest of the game.

At this point I just wonder ‘why bother?’ I get what BN is saying, he puts it well and I don’t disagree that many people find it dull. I don’t think BN or other posters on here of guilty of this but at half time queuing for a piss literally everyone you see has a face like a smacked arse. Like we’re getting pumped 4-0 by Liverpool at half time.

We’re recovering from relegation, just over a third of the way through the season. The club is rehabilitating and looking forward, trying to take an approach that makes something of our infrastructure. I would be bored if we were playing this way with the cheat codes on like Man City do. But we’re not, players like Ndidi and Vestergaard who many regarded as jokes are being used in a very effective way, I struggle to see how we could redevelop our image, smash the league, not replace every single player AND play amazing blood and thunder football.

I don’t buy for a second that anyone would be loving it if every game was 5-4 but we only had 25 points on the board. If you have enough blind faith to keep spending time and money on going to games despite thinking it’s shit to watch, then you should able to express a little bit of patience and vocal support in my opinion. Quite why there seems to be so many fans that have supported us for 40 years and only now decided that their support is contingent on being entertained is beyond me. The football going experience has fundamentally changed but ultimately there’s still 11 men in blue you’d rather see win than lose.

Lots of good points here and I do accept that I'm focusing on the negatives when it is much easier to ignore them and go along for the ride. Would I rather be bored with us top of the league vs. us playing entertaining football and being 12th? Of course I'll take the boredom and the points thanks very much.

The thing is, we should all be finding this great. But it's nonsense to pretend that is the general experience of match going fans. A substantial number of us are not enjoying it. I don't buy that it's a hangover from last year. It's the games themselves. Loads of fans are finding them literally hard to endure.

And now we're being told that we don't understand that this is actually really impressive football and we're lucky to see it and we're ****s if we don't appreciate it. And if we don't like it we shouldn't go (ignoring the fact that you have to pay for the season ticket in advance and that supporting a team isn't that simple).

Well **** everyone that says such drivel. I've seen enough types of football under loads of different managers and I know when I'm being bullshitted. I know good football and I know bad football. This is winning football that is arduous to watch. I also don't think it will translate to winning PL football either. See Burnley for details.

I don’t think BN or other posters on here of guilty of this but at half time queuing for a piss literally everyone you see has a face like a smacked arse. Like we’re getting pumped 4-0 by Liverpool at half time.
Nah didn’t happen. Everyone was loving the match. Pop said so.

Lots of good points here and I do accept that I'm focusing on the negatives when it is much easier to ignore them and go along for the ride. Would I rather be bored with us top of the league vs. us playing entertaining football and being 12th? Of course I'll take the boredom and the points thanks very much.

The thing is, we should all be finding this great. But it's nonsense to pretend that is the general experience of match going fans. A substantial number of us are not enjoying it. I don't buy that it's a hangover from last year. It's the games themselves. Loads of fans are finding them literally hard to endure.

And now we're being told that we don't understand that this is actually really impressive football and we're lucky to see it and we're ****s if we don't appreciate it. And if we don't like it we shouldn't go (ignoring the fact that you have to pay for the season ticket in advance and that supporting a team isn't that simple).

Well **** everyone that says such drivel. I've seen enough types of football under loads of different managers and I know when I'm being bullshitted. I know good football and I know bad football. This is winning football that is arduous to watch. I also don't think it will translate to winning PL football either. See Burnley for details.
I couldn’t have said it any better, BN.

I don't know why so many people are angry with this? Maybe it's the comment on the thousands heading for the door. The rest makes sense to me. I like 20/20 and Test Match. I like patient build ups in football, especially when it finishes with a goal. I hate no clue, lump it up football, but loved that Vardy goal from Kasper's assist. I have to confess, in Oz I can't watch all the games live anymore and often only get to see the highlights. The highlights are great, haha! The live games I have watched, I must confess, I see where BN is coming from. I also worry that with our squad it just wouldn't work in the PL. Surely, surely a manager with more than one hand to play would be seen as a good option?
Wasn’t the penalty caused by route one football?

Long kick from the keeper, flick on from our unit of a midfielder for our whippet of a striker to get in behind.

The other was a scrappy set piece.

That’s not what I’d call Enzo goals.

I’m baffled by all of this.

I think, as usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Worlds in a weird place. People have been inundated with a level of (dis)information and distractions and our world leaders are a load of arseholes.

Maybe it’s leaked in to the way people go about their business at the football.

I dunno. Generally feels like people are just deeply unhappy, all the time.

Totally agree. There were a good 10 years from 2000 where it was a horror show. We were still coming and watching then. Comparatively we are now in a great place.

I agree we aren’t up to scratch for the premier league, but we aren’t in the premier league. We will need to invest if we are promoted. Tomorrow can look after itself. We should just focus on the promotion part.

While we’re all wringing our hands about how awful it all is, a quick word about Jake Livermore

Surely the fattest bloke we’ve seen on a football pitch since our own beloved GTF. Was an absolute pleasure to see him waddling around the middle of the pitch doing precisely **** all. The footballing world definitely needs more players of the ‘portly’ variety.

Now THAT’s true entertainment

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464