Post Match Leicester 3 Aston Villa 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante is being praised and quite rightly so, one thing I noticed watching the game (I recorded it and watched after as I was out this afternoon) is his intelligence and reading of the game. He either wins the ball himself or helps a teammate win it, it was really noticeable towards the end of the second half when we were really piling on the pressure.

A few times a Villa player dribbled towards one of our players, or headed towards the touchline with the ball alongside one of our players and Kante followed and pressured to create a 2v1 situation and won the ball back. He is a very smart player, not only that, uses the ball very well.

Thoroughly impressed by the changes Ranieri made to the game, he has been getting it spot on with his substitutes.

Simply terrific and all I can say is, keep it up lads.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Wow. What a day.

I thought Ulloa made a massive difference. Dyer too. Inker looked well off the pace but had one or two nice touches. Vardy, was absolutely brilliant.

Oh. Morgan was absolutely excellent. And to be fair De Laet was good in the second half too.

I'm sort of speechless but **** me do I love this team. Genuinely, a special group.

Last thing I'll say: if you can't see how important Schlupp is to us...you aren't paying attention.

Wow. What a day.

I thought Ulloa made a massive difference. Dyer too. Inker looked well off the pace but had one or two nice touches. Vardy, was absolutely brilliant.

Oh. Morgan was absolutely excellent. And to be fair De Laet was good in the second half too.

I'm sort of speechless but **** me do I love this team. Genuinely, a special group.

Last thing I'll say: if you can't see how important Schlupp is to us...you aren't paying attention.

Was saying the same to a friend of mine earlier.

Schlupp had a really average first half, but his strength and pace allow Albrighton and today, Drinkwater, all the time in the world.

Yes, the sum of the parts is greater than any individual.

We just need to cherry pick players over the coming seasons to upgrade what we already have and we have the capability to do exceptionally well.

Very exciting times. Our spirit is incredible.

Was saying the same to a friend of mine earlier.

Schlupp had a really average first half, but his strength and pace allow Albrighton and today, Drinkwater, all the time in the world.

One of Morgan's main jobs on the pitch seems to be shouting at Schlupp. Sometimes from several yards away, sometimes pretty much in his face.

Whatever it takes

Agree. Cambiasso did this a fair amount at he end of last season. Much as I think he's got a lot to learn defensively, he's only going to learn by playing and Morgan seems to have assumed this role this season.

On another note, Morgan has come a long way since we signed him, too.

Yes, the sum of the parts is greater than any individual.

We just need to cherry pick players over the coming seasons to upgrade what we already have and we have the capability to do exceptionally well.

Very exciting times. Our spirit is incredible.

Six months ago today, we played out that turgid, awful 0-0 with Hull at the King Power. We were utterly, utterly, doomed and bereft of ideas.

The turnaround since is nothing short of astonishing. This is one of those few times we get as City supporters to really enjoy life. Anyone booing yesterday or not luxuriating in our splendid run is a fool.

I just want to comment on Schlupp's tremendous attitude. It was known that he wanted to be a striker, he clearly loves to attack and had a great season as a winger.

Now he has moved to left back again he is doing a decent job, and always gives his all. Yes he has a lot to learn but has a very professional attitude it seems.

Kante changed the game IMO and we dominated possession when he came on.

Best I've ever seen Drinkwater play.

Morgan is now our best defender.

Mahrez is world class

Good times!

Invincibles!

For Inglar, I think he struggled with the pace of the game. I expect this to change, but he needs a settling in period. I reckon come Christmas we'll have an excellent player. Him and Kante in the middle.

I thought both our full backs had poor first halfs. Giving the ball away in dangerous areas and not really supporting the wingers. In the second half they were brilliant. Huth looked slightly unsure of himself at times for the whole game.

Great tactics by CR. Mehrez was not getting too much joy from there left back (who apart from being a fouling git, i thought did well) so moving him inside gave him much more space and he was simply unplayable.

Shout out to Drinkwater who looked like the DD from the Championship two year ago. Very good.

On the train into work this morning, I was congratulated on City's performance - and apparently the chap's pub syndicate ( I'm not a member) had Leicester down for a 3-2 win against Villa ( I had 3-1). The group ('neutrals', not City fans) were full of praise for the team's efforts. Judging from the posts, us distant City fans also made a valuable contribution by shouting at the telly! Brilliant, well done City!

I agree! Instantly this morning as I staggered into my coffee place I was congratulated by the guy who owns it. He could tell I'd watched it as I was knackered! Truly cream crackered! Although the match finished at about 3am, I couldn't sleep such was my buzz. Hard work watching matching in Melbourne but oh so rewarding.

Both full backs were beyond shite In the 1st half.

RDL is not up to this standard and I maintain that Schlupp is the laziest player we have, was also good of him to dive out of the way for their 2nd goal.

DD was immense, Ulloa looked great with the ball at his feet and our little Algerian Fox is simply unplayable.

I hope we get out of the habit of starting games so negatively, we don't have the defence to be able to rely on it.

Well below par in the 1st half, but irresistible for majority of the 2nd. There was almost a sense of inevitability once we got the first goal.....unparalleled times indeed.

Just watched the match again - not too concerned re Inler's performance: not great with the ball (nobody was 1st half) but without it and positionally, was OK. He'll settle in. Great that we have so many decent options with players, formations etc.

Both full backs were beyond shite In the 1st half.

RDL is not up to this standard and I maintain that Schlupp is the laziest player we have, was also good of him to dive out of the way for their 2nd goal.

DD was immense, Ulloa looked great with the ball at his feet and our little Algerian Fox is simply unplayable.

I hope we get out of the habit of starting games so negatively, we don't have the defence to be able to rely on it.
Everything I saw yesterday, including your comments above, suggests that 3-5-2 would be best, as it allows Mahrez to sit behind the top 2 and Schlupp is so much better as a wing back. Plus it removes RDL from the team (as a right back anyway).

Everything I saw yesterday, including your comments above, suggests that 3-5-2 would be best, as it allows Mahrez to sit behind the top 2 and Schlupp is so much better as a wing back. Plus it removes RDL from the team (as a right back anyway).

I don't wish to be too critical of RDL but once again yesterday AV targeted our right hand side to attack and this seems to be fairly common in our games so far this season - I doubt it is a coincidence.

He looks quite good and effective going forward but his positional sense is poor and when he get's caught out he saunters back often leaving the space between the half way line and our box empty of a blue shirt.

No cause to be critical of the team generally.

The game further evidence that there are very few easy games on offer - points hard earned and a manager who is a shrewd judge of use of substitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669