Post Match Leicester 3 Aston Villa 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we need Steve Whitworth at his peak.

Yes, a magnificent player.

There was another fullback at the club later than him who was also very good, but I'm damned if I can recall his name. Perhaps about 10-15 years ago, in the David Oldfield era if I recall correctly???

Odd piece of play by Jamie Vardy immediately before the first Villa goal. He was marking Grealish at the corner on the edge of the box and then as the ball did its bit of ping pong, suddenly peeled away and headed upfield leaving Grealish time to advance unchallenged and apply that fine finish. Couldn't work out if he was anticipating a clearance, marking Grealish's haircut rather than the man or the ref got in the way. Still, more than made up for it at the other end, so all's well etc.
If Richards hadn't wiped out Albrighton he would have been able to clear it and Vardy might have been away.

We all know RDL is shyte defensively and probably always will be but he does offer something going forward.

Ritchie de Laet suffers from playing behind Mahrez, who doesn't really do tracking back and still needs to add defensive duties to his game. When Mahrez moves to a freer mid-central role as in the second half yesterday, RDL plays much better.

So that memorably brilliant right back of yesteryear turns out to be a bang average left back???

Just to clear it up:

I didn't say brilliant, did I?

I didn't say average, did I?

I didn't say...oh hang on I did say R/B

Ritchie de Laet suffers from playing behind Mahrez, who doesn't really do tracking back and still needs to add defensive duties to his game. When Mahrez moves to a freer mid-central role as in the second half yesterday, RDL plays much better.

A very good point Volpone.

Just watched the second half again. We completely bossed them. One other thing that I noticed at the final whistle was a really nice embrace between Ranieri and Steve Walsh.

Just watched the second half again. We completely bossed them. One other thing that I noticed at the final whistle was a really nice embrace between Ranieri and Steve Walsh.

How nice, was it an upright spoon?

Where is all this OTT talk about people hating RDL coming from?

People are commenting on his performances with nothing but measured criticism, it is the people getting up in arms about it that are making this into some strange scapegoat scenario.

I'm not entirely sure what people think he's being made the scapegoat of to be honest, we haven't actually lost a game.

Quote of the day from Tim Sherwood. "They didn't have to work hard for their goals."

Crikey, can't wait to see us when we do work hard. We'll be awesome.

Quote of the day from Tim Sherwood. "They didn't have to work hard for their goals."

Crikey, can't wait to see us when we do work hard. We'll be awesome.
Hopefully we save our 'hard work' for Villa Park and ****ing destroy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566