Post Match Leicester 3 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want anything not football-related kept away from the game.

But you're happy to be able to take advantage of the improvement in City's position in the game which is very much rooted in not football-related activities?

I don't think football is the place for any of it, it would be hypocritical of me to continue the conversation on this forum.

But you're still hypocritical enough to go to the King Power Stadium?

Please LCV don't take this as a criticism of you - I'm just pleased to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't know quite what to do in the face of this conundrum.

I have no problem with this stance. What I disliked what the "bumhole king" comment concerning the recently departed. If that came from a Thai who had lived under his reign fair enough but from a westerner who likely hasn't I think it wasn't necessary. BN disagreeing with the minute's silence is his right and wasn't the target of my comment.
If it came from a thai he would probably be dissapeared by now. This royalty lark is medi evil.

Last edited:
Seen as how we shouldn,t mix politics and sport but clearly have I hope all city fans (and indeed all football fans), if they havnt all ready, boycott the sun newspaper as liverpool fans have been doing since Hillsborough for their attack on one of our greats (on top of loads of other intrusive and scum reporting.

The misspelling of 'ignorant' makes me happy.

FFS!!

I'm blaming my phone but totally accept that the misspelling of the word in that context makes me an even bigger tosser.

But you're happy to be able to take advantage of the improvement in City's position in the game which is very much rooted in not football-related activities?

Both fair questions. I'm not sure I'd say I'm 'happy'. But yes, I've tolerated the genesis of the wealth of our owners in order to remain able to attend matches regularly. I don't see the improvement of our position in the game to be relevant to the issue at hand. I'd be attending regardless of our recent success. Although, one wonderful freak season aside, it isn't out of kilter with the rest of our history of the club and I'm not sure how far the owners can be credited with it anyway. Taking the season in isolation, they didn't invest anything which is out of the norm for clubs of our stature these days.

But you're still hypocritical enough to go to the King Power Stadium?

Yes. I've certainly turned a blind eye to the corporate hijacking of our club. What I won't do though is support our owners unquestioningly and pay tribute to a monarch who based on my - admittedly no more than cursory - recent reading is not deserving of it.

Please LCV don't take this as a criticism of you - I'm just pleased to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't know quite what to do in the face of this conundrum.

Not at all. Both reasonable questions and reflective of the moral compromise I'm sure many are making.

Leicester like many Football teams had players that were sent off to fight, rememberence has a part in our history.

The Thai link is recent, but it can't be ignored that it has now become a major part of our history. If they want to wave a flag or a portrait of their deceased monarch that's fine by me. I was actually presently surprised how well behaved fans on both sides seemed to be.

Although Thailands political history is murky, Bhumidol has been head of state in a country that has managed to maintain a fair amount of stability, when surrounding countries and I include Malaysia have descended into chaos during his lifetime.

I'm glad you're here, BN. Forced adoration does not sit comfortably with me either, and freedom of thought is a beautiful thing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You do realise that nobody was forced to do anything?

There was an entirely optional minutes applause that absolutely anyone could opt out of without as much as a glance up from their balti pie

Of course to come onto the internet and make entirely childish remarks about the mans name and wave your arms in the air to state how different you are to the rest of the attending fans is also optional, an option that BN takes great pleasure in taking.

There was an entirely optional minutes applause that absolutely anyone could opt out of without as much as a glance up from their balti pie

Of course to come onto the internet and make entirely childish remarks about the mans name and wave your arms in the air to state how different you are to the rest of the attending fans is also optional, an option that BN takes great pleasure in taking.

And we can celebrate the diversity that an oddity like BN brings to the forum. I like the divergent views, that doesn't mean I agree with them.

And we can celebrate the diversity that an oddity like BN brings to the forum. I like the divergent views, that doesn't mean I agree with them.

Very much agree, this place can get stale in regards to informed debate.

This talk of forced admiration however is plainly incorrect.

Still at least it isn't Foxes Talk where opinions are like arseholes and most smell like them.

No, no, no, Lako. Everything is binary. Which side of the fence are you on? No middle ground is permitted.

(This point clearly isn't aimed at everybody on here).

Balti ****ing pie! Another foreign influence trying to corrupt our moral standing.

Fuch's strike in Ultra HD and CGI:

CvYg7KuXEAA668M.jpg

. This royalty lark is medi evil.

Oh dear Red. You really should read some History. Royalty began long before the Middle Ages. Of course if it was medieval that is neither good nor bad in itself.

An excellent post. One of the advantages of a minutes applause rather than a minutes silence is that people can ignore it without being bad mannered. I remember when the minutes silence for Keith Weller was spoiled by away fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669