Post Match Leicester 3 Manchester United 1 FA Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
First point is that today proved going out of EL was good for us. Since then, and the leggy mess against Arsenal, we've dug back in and now look back on it again.
I hate agreeing with you on this point as I’m very much in the camp that says what’s the point in getting to Europe and wishing it away. But this season, that defeat could well have saved us from calamity.

Weird innit the lack of praise for a dangerous freekick by Marc and finished by the Nachos. Both should have praise for that rather than McTit not clearing it.

'Two games from history'​

Leicester 3-1 Man Utd
8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester City
Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: "I'm obviously delighted. It was a great team performance. Every aspect of the game was complete.
"We showed courage to play football against one of Europe's greatest teams. I'm so happy for the players. I thought we thoroghly deserved it.
"Kelechi has always contributed. Maybe his confidence was lower but he works so hard every day and always comes in and gives his all. You see his confidence now. He's at the top of his game.
"It's a different structure [up front]. Kelechi is probably best with someone up there with him. Those two are working very well.
"Our solidity and intensity of press was very good. When we dropped into our shape we denied them space. To beat Manchester United 3-1 you have to be complete in all aspects of the game and the players did that.
"[The semi-final] is a way off yet. I told the players they were three games from history. Now it's two. We're making the right steps, we're on the right path. We're very ambitious to be the best we can be. That's the challenge and it's the test we're enjoying."

What a performance from the whole team but my god, what a player Tielemans is!

Really pleasing to see Nacho man come good now too and the interviews from both afterwards were great.

I think we are definitely seeing the benefits of going out of Europe, not just in the more recovery time but it also gives us a full week of training to work on the upcoming opponent.

Massive win as this is the first FA Cup semi final in my lifetime and will give us a huge amount of confidence going into the the Man City game after the break.

Roll on MOTD as I can't wait to watch the highlights!

I am extremely excited! FA Cup fever!!!!!

. I told the players they were three games from history. Now it's two. We're making the right steps, we're on the right path. We're very ambitious to be the best we can be. That's the challenge and it's the test we're enjoying."​

I love this part. None of that, 'one game at a time', 'just another game', 'long way to go' stuff.

Let the players dream!

I mean, ****ing hell, we were brilliant weren’t we?

Not even a contest, let’s be honest. That’s how good we were - those who thought we couldn’t beat that a shower of red bastards can take your nappies off now

Tielemans, Nidid, Soyuncu, Nacho simply ****ing outstanding. Others not far behind them.
What a ****ing team

Its a ****ing crying shame that we’re not there to watch this team this season because at times they’re ****ing amazing. I was there at Villa Park in ‘82, and it sickens me that we can’t be there this time, but that’s the way it is

**** off Rodgers you useless hopeless bastard - let’s see if we can get Ancelotti in before mid-April to take us to glory

Ribeye and rouge

I'm celebrating

We are really, really good at the moment. No idea how the hell Maddison and Barnes are going to get back in here.

And with wet spam only getting a draw we have had a lovely weekend.

I had Spam to win and both teams to score.

Was then going on to us to win for £180

Would have felt better if Arsenal has won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363