Post Match Leicester 3 Millwall 2

Some opinions are interesting, to say the least.
Thought Faes struggled to get in the game first half.
KDH , in the first half , was like a brick wall , how the ball kept bouncing off him.
Complacent by Vesty to cross the ball across his own area like that
Coady did ok
Wilf n Fatawu linked up lovely at times.
Ref was an arse. Certainly didn’t give us everything.

When young Tom came on, it would be nice for the team to press more so he could score. (His shot parried for Riccy , or Will, to score)

As for young Fatawu , just loving his skills :)

A family in front of us got up on 32 minutes and disappeared into the concourse, presumably for food and drink. They didn't return before half time, if at all. I know they can watch the game on the screens but why don't they stay at home and watch it on TV instead? I can't get my head around it. Anyone?

Last edited:
A family in front of us got up on 32 minutes and disappeared into the concourse, presumably for food and drink. I know they can watch the game on the screens but why don't they stay at home and watch it on TV instead? I can't get my head around it. Anyone?
They are idiots.

Enjoyed last night more than the 4-0 at the weekend because a few more fans actually added to the atmosphere......which was still shit but better.

All those who didn't turn up because it's Millwall on a Wednesday night should stay ****ed off.

My only comment on the game is that EM made changes to how we set up for the second half for the second successive match.

Both clearly made a huge difference suggesting that he can see what's required and can get his players to enact it.

That's positive.

However I don't really understand why it takes that long. In the PL, we'd be out of the game by half time in both these performances. Why can't it happen in live play?
Good question. Here is your complete and total answer.

Anybody know why our team went down on one knee pre-kickoff and Millwall didn't?

Oh, and Coady is a bit meh, isn’t he?

Strange, isn't it? Many of us thought he'd be our best signing.

Maybe he would've been had he not been injured at the start of the season, and then Vestergaard has performed well in his abensce

Coady has to have a run of matches in the centre of the back three for anyone to determine whether he's capable of fulfilling the role for us in the PL.

In my opinion, Vestergaard is not the long term answer. He's done a remarkable job considering his skillset so far this season but we do need to move on from him at some point. EM appears to be very reluctant to do this despite the fact that he recruited Coady to do what Vestergaard is doing.

Playing Coady as a wide centre back is a waste of everyone's time. He's never been any good at it.

Faes has to play on the right of the three, it really doesn't work for him on the left, but there's where everyone seems to say that Coady is at his best. Maybe he could fit in well in the centre too, but between Faes and Vestergaard playing so well and his lack of pre-season it does make sense that he's the bit that has to give. A great back up to have on the bench and it is a bit of a shame that there's no more than that for him for now

My only comment on the game is that EM made changes to how we set up for the second half for the second successive match.

Both clearly made a huge difference suggesting that he can see what's required and can get his players to enact it.

That's positive.

However I don't really understand why it takes that long. In the PL, we'd be out of the game by half time in both these performances. Why can't it happen in live play?
It is at least better than the Brendan approach of making no real change at all then blaming everyone from the players and fans to the office cat.

Daka was no worse than anyone else in the first half. And yes, he scored from very close range. But he had to be in that ****ing position to put it in and should get credit for that.

Agendas, whether they be pro or negative towards a player, really do stop people from seeing the blinding obvious.

It’s insane to knock Daka after the last two games. Just as insane as it has been to praise Iheanacho’s performances of late.
He was ****ing awful. Off the top of my head without the benefit of watching highlights:

1. The pass that he let roll over his foot when he could have been in during the first 5 minutes.
2. The air shot when put in by Fatawu that didn't trouble the ball, never mind the keeper.
3. The corner where he was set up perfectly and nearly hit the corner flag with his 'shot'.
4. His two laughable and ludicrous dives.

This was all in the first half.

It's not an 'agenda', it's purely criticism based on what I saw with my own two eyes and what were the facts as stated above. I'm glad he's scoring and that's a bonus. Long may it continue but the rest of his game is abhorrent at the moment and it needs to improve drastically.

Coady has to have a run of matches in the centre of the back three for anyone to determine whether he's capable of fulfilling the role for us in the PL.

In my opinion, Vestergaard is not the long term answer. He's done a remarkable job considering his skillset so far this season but we do need to move on from him at some point. EM appears to be very reluctant to do this despite the fact that he recruited Coady to do what Vestergaard is doing.

Playing Coady as a wide centre back is a waste of everyone's time. He's never been any good at it.
I think this is bang in the money.

I like Vestergaard and always have really but he has a particular set of skills that happen to suit our game now. As our game changes and adapts, he'll probably have to drop out again and Coady may be the replacement. He's been average at best but I guess it's tough to come in and do a job, especially into an established defence performing well.

I think this is bang in the money.

I like Vestergaard and always have really but he has a particular set of skills that happen to suit our game now. As our game changes and adapts, he'll probably have to drop out again and Coady may be the replacement. He's been average at best but I guess it's tough to come in and do a job, especially into an established defence performing well.
Wait……What is happening here?

Maybe there is hope of world peace after all?

He was ****ing awful. Off the top of my head without the benefit of watching highlights:

1. The pass that he let roll over his foot when he could have been in during the first 5 minutes.
2. The air shot when put in by Fatawu that didn't trouble the ball, never mind the keeper.
3. The corner where he was set up perfectly and nearly hit the corner flag with his 'shot'.
4. His two laughable and ludicrous dives.

This was all in the first half.

It's not an 'agenda', it's purely criticism based on what I saw with my own two eyes and what were the facts as stated above. I'm glad he's scoring and that's a bonus. Long may it continue but the rest of his game is abhorrent at the moment and it needs to improve drastically.
Modern day Yakubu?

All he does is score goals!!

Good question. Here is your complete and total answer.

Ta. Yes, interesting comment from EM:

“I knew after two minutes that the formation we had picked would not work as they surprised us. They usually played with a back four but they changed to a back five. We had prepared for 4-4-2. When we looked at their team sheet I struggled to see that they could be a line of five. We knew after one minute we would struggle.

"After a few years we might be able to call Harry Winks or Yannick over to say to them we need to change. But at the moment we would need to call all 11 to the bench, which is not possible".

Worrying that the coaching is so entrenched in them that they can only adjust when the manager gets them in the changing room for 15 mins. Stinks of the players being over-coached and unable to use their own instincts and react.

"After a few years"!!! Feck me. That won't do Mr. Maresca. Like I said previously, stuff like that gets you destroyed in the PL.

And the thought that Vestergaard will still be playing 100 one twos a game in a few years puts me into a cold sweat.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463