Post Match Leicester 3 Swansea 1

What Enzo has achieved is remarkable so far.

I don’t think anyone is disputing what he has achieved so far. Our results this season have been great overall.

But it’s boring and the atmosphere is as flat as a witches tit. And it’s not a handful that think that, otherwise the KP would be bouncing as it once did.

Nobody is forced to watch a Leicester game. If it’s so boring then don’t watch. Come back after Christmas when (apparently) we will have a different manager.

It’s like the people who complain about a TV show/podcast/radio show but continue to watch/listen. It makes no ****ing sense. Either watch us play, knowing what to expect, and shut up about it, or don’t watch.

And of course we’ll lose more games in August 2024 cos’ we’ll be in the ****ing Premier League. And apparently achieving that is a piece of piss given our resources. How quickly people forget

When we lose games in the Premier League, the manager has earned the right to be supported, which is exactly what I will do. But sadly, those ****s who are moaning now will already have their knives sharpened.

Nobody is forced to watch a Leicester game. If it’s so boring then don’t watch. Come back after Christmas when (apparently) we will have a different manager.

It’s like the people who complain about a TV show/podcast/radio show but continue to watch/listen. It makes no ****ing sense. Either watch us play, knowing what to expect, and shut up about it, or don’t watch.
If only it was that easy to just not watch it.

I find comparing it to a tv show or podcast quite staggering to be honest.

And of course we’ll lose more games in August 2024 cos’ we’ll be in the ****ing Premier League. And apparently achieving that is a piece of piss given our resources. How quickly people forget

When we lose games in the Premier League, the manager has earned the right to be supported, which is exactly what I will do. But sadly, those ****s who are moaning now will already have their knives sharpened.
That’s my big concern, too.

There are two guys (dad and son?), who occasionally sit near me who I wonder why they bother.

Throughout the game they will constantly chunter away about the match in general and player mistakes, especially those by players they have a pet hate too. The only time I hear anything positive from them is when we sore or come very close. The younger guy tries to be positive occasionally only to dragged down by his dad who just seems to enjoy being grumpy.

As much as this sounds depressing, they do make me laugh occasionally. During the Rotherham match at the KP dad had a real chunter after about 40 completed passes only for Casadei to score about 10 passes later, great goal that would have been lauded had it been scored by a ‘big’ premier league side.

I wonder how many people have season tickets just because if they gave it up for a year they might never have one again. Then when it's not something they'd like to watch they feel obliged to go anyway as they've paid for it. Can't really help with the mood I don't think.

There are two guys (dad and son?), who occasionally sit near me who I wonder why they bother.

Throughout the game they will constantly chunter away about the match in general and player mistakes, especially those by players they have a pet hate too. The only time I hear anything positive from them is when we sore or come very close. The younger guy tries to be positive occasionally only to dragged down by his dad who just seems to enjoy being grumpy.

As much as this sounds depressing, they do make me laugh occasionally. During the Rotherham match at the KP dad had a real chunter after about 40 completed passes only for Casadei to score about 10 passes later, great goal that would have been lauded had it been scored by a ‘big’ premier league side.
Why did you choose to sit next to BN?

I wonder how many people have season tickets just because if they gave it up for a year they might never have one again. Then when it's not something they'd like to watch they feel obliged to go anyway as they've paid for it. Can't really help with the mood I don't think.
Exactly this

I guess winning all the time is boring in and of itself. Much more excitement in being in the bottom three having not won for 3 months.....
Well done on missing the point.

Not everything is a binary answer - just because someone may think the football is boring to watch, does not mean they are disappointed with being top of the league.

I'm just giving my honest opinion as someone who has to pay £40+ quid to watch us play and after last night, I'll certainly be thinking twice about parting with my hard earned cash to go and watch that again.

Watching Vestergaard stand on the ball for about 20 mins of the game doesn't really do much to get the excitement going!

This doesn't mean I want us to start losing or Enzo out before anyone draws ridiculous conclusions, but can anyone honestly say they were excited by anything about the game last night?

I mean, yeah, loads of stuff.

3 points, 3 goals, 7 shots on target and a load of missed chances. Mavididis effort that got tipped onto the bar was lovely.

Probably this bit of play primarily:

I thought the build up to what ended up with the miss by Daka, in the first half, was a better move too.

3 points, 3 goals, 7 shots on target and a load of missed chances. Mavididis effort that got tipped onto the bar was lovely.

Love the irony of the slogan on the advert board.

But that also kind of proves the point, when we actually play with a bit of purpose and desire, it can be scintillating stuff.

However, that is much too few and far between - the rest of the game everyone was bored shitless and freezing cold, apart from the lads on coke in the corner.

I think some of the style of football is probably down to the fact we are so much better than the rest - a lot of the time it isn't an even match and we just dominate.

However, that still doesn't take away the fact that you can still also be bored shitless watching us play, especially when we are only one nil up which was the case for 60 or so mins last night.

I think the slow and boring play would be accepted a lot more if we already had the 3 points in the bag first - far too often recently, we play like we are already winning 3/4/5 nil up when it is only 1 nil, and then we end up ****ing it up.

It is said fairly often on here, from a neutral perspective, that Man City games are dull as **** to watch, but they are the most successful team in recent history - surely that can't be true??

Well it is and it is boring watching us a lot of times this season for exactly the same reasons.

If EM just said something like this, I reckon I'd say fair enough.

"I have a very clear vision of how I want to play. To fully achieve what I want to see will take several transfer windows and lots of coaching.

Right now, our objective is to return to the PL as soon as possible and I ask our supporters to bear with us while we focus on that objective and gradually work on progressing my vision.

I know that the football played won't always be what you want to see and it won't always be what I want to see either but it's a journey. If you support us now, I believe that we will reward that in the future."

The problem is that he believes that how we're playing now is brilliant and we should recognise this. Suggesting that he'll quit if we don't accept his approach is immature.

If EM just said something like this, I reckon I'd say fair enough.

"I have a very clear vision of how I want to play. To fully achieve what I want to see will take several transfer windows and lots of coaching.

Right now, our objective is to return to the PL as soon as possible and I ask our supporters to bear with us while we focus on that objective and gradually work on progressing my vision.

I know that the football played won't always be what you want to see and it won't always be what I want to see either but it's a journey. If you support us now, I believe that we will reward that in the future."

The problem is that he believes that how we're playing now is brilliant and we should recognise this. Suggesting that he'll quit if we don't accept his approach is immature.
Your putting words into his mouth

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464