Post Match Leicester 4 Sunderland 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than happy with that, very professional job towards the end by Ranieri, bringing the rest of the new boys on to close it out.

Schlupp, Albrighton, Vardy, Mahrez all outstanding. But for me Okazaki was top dog.

I want the table updated on the right :D

"good start" "not too bad".

That was ****ing excellent. An attacking performance to rival anything that we will see this season from any team. We could have scored 7 or 8. Schmeichel was a bit dodgy second half but we would have been behind early on if it wasn't for his saves. Mahrez, Albrighton, Vardy, Cambiasso, Okazaki, Drinkwater, Schlupp were all excellent. So impressed with Okazaki. I don't think he lost possession all day. Shame he didn't cap it off with a goal at the end. Nice to see the new boys get some game time too.

Well done to everyone and particularly well done to Claudio. Take a bow Mr Ranieri. You deserve it!

Very very good start. We could've had 6 or 7.

Mahrez and Albrighton were absolutely superb. Vardy and Shinji relentless. Drinks had a good game in the middle.

Shout out for Kasper too who made 2/3 good saves in a row early in the first half at 0-0. Without that, could've been very different.

Great stuff! Bring on the next game

On a serious note - we were a bit shaky for the first 5 minutes.

Then we completely owned the game. Vardy was superb. Okazaki drew so much off him that I think the two of then together will be a nightmare.

Mahrez excellent and should have had a hat trick.

Albrighton also deserved a goal.

Could have been 7-7-0. Excellent start to the season.

The 2nd goal we conceded was disappointing but that shouldn't take the gloss off of what was a very good performance. Okazaki was exceptional as were Vardy, Albrighton and Mahrez but Drinkwater made everything tick. He was controlled, calm and looked every inch a leader. Man of the match for me although it could have been one from a hat full. A good start.

Absolutely brilliant way to start the season. Really thought that this would be a nervy and tight affair so for us to come out of the traps like that and carry off where we left off last season is excellent.

Looked like very wise substitutions to see the game out. Great stuff. Long may it continue. Could we be this season's Southampton? As long as we keep grafting and putting in performances like that at home I think we'll be fine and have a very happy set of fans

We look deadly at times but I thought we looked rattled when they scored the second. Great to see the points already on the board and is sitting to of the league.

Looked like very wise substitutions to see the game out.

I thought that too, though it was also replacing some knackered players. High energy performance which will hopefully shut a few people up about our lost momentum. Occasionally sloppy at the back but I've rarely seen sides who aren't when they're 3-0 or 4-1 up.

"good start" "not too bad".

That was ****ing excellent. An attacking performance to rival anything that we will see this season from any team. We could have scored 7 or 8. Schmeichel was a bit dodgy second half but we would have been behind early on if it wasn't for his saves. Mahrez, Albrighton, Vardy, Cambiasso, Okazaki, Drinkwater, Schlupp were all excellent. So impressed with Okazaki. I don't think he lost possession all day. Shame he didn't cap it off with a goal at the end. Nice to see the new boys get some game time too.

Well done to everyone and particularly well done to Claudio. Take a bow Mr Ranieri. You deserve it!

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Playing at home we beat a relegation favourite by two goals. 3 points and all that but hardly basis for a better finish than last season.

PS. Cambassio? Wtf?

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Playing at home we beat a relegation favourite by two goals. 3 points and all that but hardly basis for a better finish than last season.

PS. Cambassio? Wtf?
We drew twice with Sunderland last season, and they've strengthened as well as having a better manager.

Stop being so negative...!
This is progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572