Post Match Leicester 4 Sunderland 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEX277

We drew twice with Sunderland last season, and they've strengthened as well as having a better manager.

Stop being so negative...!
This is progress.

Stop being so daft! In the first game of the season the team that finished 14th last season beat the team that finished 16th last season by 2 goals. There's nothing intrinsically impressive about that. That's realism - not being "negative".

By your definition of progress, I'll be right in being unimpressed if we dont't beat Man Utd by at least 3 goals at the KP this season or come away from Anfield with less than three points or without a win at Stoke because that's not progress is it? Flipping numpty.

Last edited:

FOX Franks

Stop being so daft! The team that finished 14th last season beat the team that finished 16th last season by 2 goals. There's nothing intrinsically impressive about that. That's realism - not being "negative".

By your definition of progress, I'll be right in being unimpressed if we dont't beat Man Utd by at least 3 goals at the KP this season or come away from Anfield with less than a point or without a win at Stoke because that's not progress is it? Flipping numpty.

I think we can accept that the result against Utd was a rarity and if we are to improve on our position last season we, once again, should be aiming to beat the lower league teams rather than the odd result against the top.

Do I think beating a team we haven't beaten before is progress? Yes.

Do I think that one game will define our whole season? Yes.

I may have keyboard-warriored the negative comment... ;)

Miles Away

I thought that was a superb performance from our attacking team. We could have banged in 7 today without exaggeration. Okazaki was absolutely superb throughout. I had a big grin on my face every time he touched the ball.

That said our back four was shambolic at times. Needs sorting.

All said a brilliant way to start the year. Sunderland are completely ****ed.

Mawsley

Welcome back, football. I missed you.

Sounded like there were clappers again, what was the atmosphere like compared to last season?

Matt_B

I thought that was a superb performance from our attacking team. We could have banged in 7 today without exaggeration. Okazaki was absolutely superb throughout. I had a big grin on my face every time he touched the ball.

That said our back four was shambolic at times. Needs sorting.

All said a brilliant way to start the year. Sunderland are completely ****ed.
No, their back four were shambolic. Ours switched off a few times but were untroubled for most of the game.

pork pie fox

Welcome back, football. I missed you.

Sounded like there were clappers again, what was the atmosphere like compared to last season?

It was good, particularly at the start. I was pleased that there wasn't a funny atmosphere, as I feared a mongie takeover (after the summer events). As soon as the players came out though, the crowd were up for it and the goals just fed that.

KLFox

A good start some very good counter attacks utilising the pace that we have.

Okazaki reminds me of paul dickov a right little pest.

I thought this had bore draw written all over it but well chuffed with the points and the performance.

Mawsley

It was good, particularly at the start. I was pleased that there wasn't a funny atmosphere, as I feared a mongie takeover (after the summer events). As soon as the players came out though, the crowd were up for it and the goals just fed that.
Nice.

homer

Stunning display going forward. Mahrez was outstanding, as was Okazaki. Drinkwater and King masterful. Vardy both brilliant and wasteful at the same time. All in all we looked very, very dangerous - our movement and interplay were a sight to behold.

But defensively they were a complete and utter joke, and we really should have made a lot more out of some incredible chances. They will seriously struggle this year.

Back four were awful for the first, and Schmeichel a complete duffer for the second. Thankfully they weren't tested too often. Much work to do there, I reckon

Great atmosphere, great start to the season. Methinks we will see a hatful of goals this season - just hope we score more than we let in more often than not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669