Post Match Leicester 4 Sunderland 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an enjoyable afternoon. Someone said it was our best first day result for over 50 years?

Some excellent performances but how refreshing was it to see a manager changing players roles and positions so often during a game. Albrighton, Mahrez, Okazaki and Schlupp kept moving position intelligently and Sunderland were totally incapable of coping with it. Okazaki was a revelation. Mahrez a pleasure to watch having finally been given the freedom to move around the pitch.

The truth is that we didn't need to be very good to win today. Although, that is a positive sign in itself. What ultimately matters is that one of the teams we probably need to be finishing above have been dispatched with ease.

What an enjoyable afternoon. Someone said it was our best first day result for over 50 years?

It would have to be going some to beat a Rod Fern bicycle kick followed by a Peter Shilton penalty save (Birmingham C, 1969).

Still, Sky have awarded it the accolade of game of the day, with a full rerun later this evening. So good job,lads.

Some excellent performances but how refreshing was it to see a manager changing players roles and positions so often during a game. Albrighton, Mahrez, Okazaki and Schlupp kept moving position intelligently and Sunderland were totally incapable of coping with it. Okazaki was a revelation. Mahrez a pleasure to watch having finally been given the freedom to move around the pitch.

Agree 100% on this. The little tweaks were refreshing and effective. We found weaknesses and picked on them. The decision to put Albrighton on the left (at times) deserves a lot of credit. Likewise the way he used Schlupp in an unconventional role. I really enjoyed being surprised by the tactics.

If he can sort out the back line and keeper we will be a threat.

For anyone at the game, did the feckwits have their Pearson protest on 7 minutes?

Our link up play was fantastic for the first game of the season.

For anyone at the game, did the feckwits have their Pearson protest on 7 minutes?
Not near us, the atmosphere was electric early on so would have been drowned out anyway

Did Pantilamon (sp?) catch the ball 6 yards outside his area in the lead up to their 2nd or was that just a trick of the angle? It was an utterly surreal moment.

Also Andy King seems to have grown about 3 inches over the summer?

Great start, looked really positive going forward and passed the ball around a bit. Everyone looked confident. We have let in goals all through the pre-season against nobody teams and conceded 2 today, so he might tweak the defense next time.

Really happy with the result, with all the negative comments, losing was unthinkable.

It would have to be going some to beat a Rod Fern bicycle kick followed by a Peter Shilton penalty save (Birmingham C, 1969).

I was there that day too! We were stunned and then delerious when Rodney's kick went in!
Still, Pundits eh? England will be thrashed in the Ashes, Leicester will be bottom of thePL table.... I wonder how much these guys get paid!

Did Pantilamon (sp?) catch the ball 6 yards outside his area in the lead up to their 2nd or was that just a trick of the angle? It was an utterly surreal moment.

Also Andy King seems to have grown about 3 inches over the summer?

He did, yet their fans are only moaning about Morgan not being sent off. Pantaloons went to collect the ball then noticing he would catch it in his pills he put his hands there.

Game of the day on Sky Sports 1 at 8PM
I'm sure I've just made out Mr Gwilliam of this parish when the camera went round towards the bench after the Mahrez penalty.

If it wasn't it should have been because the man looked as if he should be a Mr Gwilliam.

Did Pantilamon (sp?) catch the ball 6 yards outside his area in the lead up to their 2nd or was that just a trick of the angle? It was an utterly surreal moment
Most of the ground thought so. Can't wait to see it in again the second half on Sky just starting now.

It was a great performance. First half blew them out of the water, second half we retained an attacking threat but as they grew into the game we looked a bit dodgy at the back at times - including for both their goals. MOM - Mahrez. Honourable mention for Okazaki who worked hard off the ball and won countless free kicks that helped slow their tempo in the second half.

I'm sure I've just made out MC Gwilliam of this parish when the camera went round towards the bench after the Mahrez penalty.

I think it will be a shame if this season is only remembered for the rap battle. People need to let it go.

What a great day! (Sure I said this somewhere else) only felt a few nerves around the 75 mins . First half was magnificent. Second, they obviously had a complete bollocking and decided to play. I know many hate the clappers but they have increased the atmos in the stadium ten-fold. Really felt for Shinji, he so wanted a goal and worked his socks off. Mahrez was immense, Vardy unrelenting, Allbrighton solid, Huth a wall. What an amazing start to the season! I've read the second year in the prem is the hardest. If we carry on this way we have a real chance of competing and staying in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669